Worth effort to upgrade the RAM for Macbook (13-inch, Late 2009) from 2 to 4GB?

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
20gh2c.png

Hi all,

Seeking opinion on whether it's worthy the effort to upgrade my RAM capacity from 2 to 4GB after I reinstalled the OS as shown in the screengrab.

Basically, this is a spare Macbook which I intend to do some photo editing work on the go.

And after I installed the new OS, the performance seems to lag (not unusual for its age) which is why I wonder if it's effort the $$ and time to upgrade the RAM, if available.

Thanks for any help.

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
I sourced around and found a shop which claimed the model I mentioned is able to have the RAM upgrade to 8GB instead of 4GB which was stated on the Apple site, too good to be true?

victorp

Reaction score
Yes, it’s 8GB RAM; you can check on everymac.com or Mactracker. Both are reliable.

sg patriot missle

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20gh2c.png

Hi all,

Seeking opinion on whether it's worthy the effort to upgrade my RAM capacity from 2 to 4GB after I reinstalled the OS as shown in the screengrab.

Basically, this is a spare Macbook which I intend to do some photo editing work on the go.

And after I installed the new OS, the performance seems to lag (not unusual for its age) which is why I wonder if it's effort the $$ and time to upgrade the RAM, if available.

Thanks for any help.

lag due to indexing, wait a week for it to reindex

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
I think need both the RAM upgrade as well as the SSD, as that model comes with a mechanical HDD.

lufu

Master Member
Reaction score
Running 8GB on the same machine. Hoping to go 16GB but not sure if the Macbook support

ericwilis

Reaction score
Max is 8 G
Upgraded our version of macbook late 2009 (macbook 6.1)
Strangely once both piece of 4g installed, it only support 6g as compared to what we rea don article.

Therefore decided to buy 1 x 4g and 1x 2g instead.
Cost 85 bucks( Kingston)
Do u guys have same experience?

How much did u guys get ur ram installed?

Running 8GB on the same machine. Hoping to go 16GB but not sure if the Macbook support

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.