HELP!!!! Can't decide which course to take

AAA1994

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between these two courses which are ELP Leading to a Diploma in Applied Science (Pharmaceutical Sciences) from Republic Polytechnic and ELP leading to Diploma in Infocomm & Digital Media (IT Network & System Administration) from Nanyang Polytechnic as my nitec cert (Nitec in Opticianry) and higher Nitec cert (Higher Nitec in Network Security Technology)

For ELP Leading to a Diploma in Applied Science (Pharmaceutical Sciences), the reason for choosing it was because I notice the job scope is mostly at the back end role for polyclinic and hospital settings although there is also front end duties in dispensing medicines to patient. But, I heard that it will be tough to cope for those whom didn't foundation knowledge in biology or chemistry in secondary school (FYI, I was under Normal Technical stream in secondary school). I want to know from the experiences of those whom are studying pharmacy science without any foundation knowledge of studying biology or chemistry. Also, I wanted to know how tough is it to be a pharmacy technician after studying pharmacy science.

For ELP leading to Diploma in Infocomm & Digital Media (IT Network & System Administration), the reason for choosing it was because I have some foundation when I was in ITE studying Higher Nitec in Network Security Technology. The main concern I have was I'm only afraid if there is a lot of programming to do for both coursework and on the job training as well. I have recently got kicked out of Singapore Polytechnic as I failed the same module twice which is a programming module. I want to know how tough it is to work in IT industry as an IT administrator.

Please advise if possible

senpai4

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm I am studying IT which programming is quite take lots of time .

GoldenYen

Reaction score
I’m 25 this year with close to zero work experience since I went through a Long route (2 years nitec,2 years HNitec, 2 years National service).RP offered me a full time diploma in aerospace engineering. I could’ve disrupted my NS to enter poly last year but I was dumb for not doing so. I came across the ELP leading to diploma in Infocomm & digital media just this year and I’m having second thoughts about My full time placing in RP. Since the ELP offers a job and a diploma. So I might see you in NYP.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.