Noob question - charging of fenix 5x

Icefjord

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just purchased the fenix 5x from All Bright Technology, as recommended by one of the helpful members here.

Sorry for the noob question (watch is expensive hence i need to be sure):

1. The wall plug isn't included. Hence is it only recommended to charge it via USB from the laptop.

2. As usual the seller told me charge 8 hrs first. I thought this 8 hrs charge before use is not applicable to new lithium ion batteries ?

Thanks.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just purchased the fenix 5x from All Bright Technology, as recommended by one of the helpful members here.

Sorry for the noob question (watch is expensive hence i need to be sure):

1. The wall plug isn't included. Hence is it only recommended to charge it via USB from the laptop.

2. As usual the seller told me charge 8 hrs first. I thought this 8 hrs charge before use is not applicable to new lithium ion batteries ?

Thanks.

no need for 8hrs charge, tell the seller to upgrade his knowledge.. :D

bodymasterboy

Reaction score
no need for 8hrs charge, tell the seller to upgrade his knowledge.. :D

this seller calls itself "authorized distributor" but they aren't listed on the page below: :s22:
http://www.garmin.com.sg/buy/sg/distributor/

but anyway, they provide their own shop warranty and hence can be considered as "grey dealers".

but if i were buying this, i'd still prefer to get from a dealer that gets their stock from the local distributor:
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/GARMIN-GARMIN-FENIX-5-5S-5X-SINGAPORE-WARRANTY/527137988

Icefjord

Reaction score
click under "Dealer". All Bright is listed there.

Anyway i'd rather get the EU / US version.
The APAC (Asia Pacific) version is the slowest to get firmware updates.

bodymasterboy

Reaction score
if you think apac firmware is slow, you haven't experienced how "fast" they update their china firmware yet

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.