Chiayi - Alishan
Alishan - Cingjing
Cingjing - Hualien
Hualien - Taipei
Taipei - Taoyuan airport
We have 7 adults 2 kids so we need at least a mini bus for our luggages
No day trip required just for hotel transfer

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

I dont think there will be any mini bus or bus that will take hotel transfer only for this two trips. Very bo hua for the drivers.
Alishan - Cingjing
Cingjing - Hualien

ilovetoeat

Reaction score
Hey people,

Me and my friend wishes to travel from Hualien down to Taitung, along the way alight, and see the sights along the coastal highway 11 and finally alighting at Taitung train station around the evening. Anyone knows of any driver that can cater to this?

Also, anyone has any nice sightseeing recommendations for this area? Thank you!

We currently intending to see places like shitiping, sanxiantai etc.

ronnie

Reaction score
Back from my Taiwan trip, will be posting details of the drivers I hired for my trip.

For 1 and 3, I contacted Ah Hui but he was not free.
For 2, Wang Chi Chieh agreed to be the driver but several days before he texted that
his taxi was damaged and he will reccommend a replacement.

Both contact person were pretty quick in answering all queries, but I have to give the
edge to Ah Hui as he replied faster than Wang. I used whatsapp to correspond with them
and had to use Google Translate, lol.

1. Hualien to Cingjing
Contact person: Ah Hui 阿輝
Tel: +886988090976

Actual Driver:
姓名:邱于倫

Terms: 6000NTD for 10 hours, no overtime mentioned
Arranged time to meet: 8.30am
Actual Time: 8.15am to 6pm

For this trip, I did not specify the places to visit but left it to the driver. The driver was pretty courteous and took photos using his handphone which he then whatsapp to me after the trip. Along the way, he stopped us at a spot where he brewed some local tea for us. He drove really slow but safe. At the start of the trip, I mentioned that its alright if we miss a 1 or 2 places. As a result we visited only a few spots. :( The last place he brought us to visit was Lushan Hot Spring to soak our feet, but the entire place was pretty desolute and apparently the feet soaking area was closed. Pretty much a let down. The good thing was we left some honey in his taxi, and he offered to delivered it to us at Taichung. :)

Rating: 8/10

2. Sun Moon Lake to Taichung
Contact person: Wang Chi Chieh
Tel: +8860917522616

Actual Driver:
姓名:林憶瑩

Terms: 3500NTD for 12 hours, no overtime mentioned
Arranged time to meet: 9am
Total Time: 8.30am to 8.30pm

This time around, I specified the places that we should visit, lol.
日月潭>埔里元首馆>薰衣草森林>新社古堡庄园>中社花市>逢甲夜市>高铁台中站
Sun Moon Lake>Puli King's Garden>Lavender Cottage>Zhongshe Sightseeing Flower Market>Fengjia Night Market>Taichung HSR Station
The driver was a female, very young, about 20+. She was really good, opening the door and driving us as close to the destination as she could possibly can. She helped us take photos using our camera and also followed us in every single attraction except Fengjia Market, which we told her not to as it was really crowded. At the end of the day, she gave us 2 boxes of local strawberries! They were grotesque, unlike the normal strawberry you see but really sweet. From King's Garden to Lavender Cottage took almost 2 hours as she followed the GPS and drove on a very narrow and winding road, only a car and half width wide which is probably due to her inexperience. However, according to her, she is not doing this full time, only helping her father as she is working.

Rating: 9.5/10

3. Taipei
Contact person: Ah Hui 阿輝
Tel: +886988090976

Actual Driver:
姓名:楊錦文

Terms: 3500NTD for 8 hours, overtime 1 hour 400NTD
Arranged time to meet: 9am
Total Time: 8.50am to 5.30pm

十分大瀑布>十分瀑布放天燈>九份老街>金瓜石>黄金瀑布>阴阳海>台北
Shifen Waterfall>Shifen Old Stree>Jiufen>Jinguashi>Golden Waterfall>Taipei
The driver drove us to the places we requested but did not accompany us nor did he take any pictures for us. Only at the last place did he accompany us for a short while. All in all, he is a competent driver, but if you are looking for more, then its better to look elsewhere. We were over the time limit slightly but only paid 3500NTD.

Rating: 6.5/10

If you are in Taipei and want to engage a driver to bring you around, there are plenty available to Ximending as shown in the picture below. However, remember to negotiate the fees in advance, including any overtime if incurred.

rR1N3jOaRGgk0YMd8zZAgKbllX6d8KF4u4Z8YLM6mc1RUC_zQbY8aPMVbD21yFRrZh8K1tAZb3iiJK5dLZPuOLyiC00KveSaVRa1uW-8h_fx8aEYariC8mTZpQU_P_HOvBmAN0GeHea9n4frgfCKiMZa6uQaKZrGmJds16zd_GVBIF35Zd2ngVFqG-zvjT9uoMWj9Nzb6qJUXr3UolEw9QB5SUiLe_ZG3tyVWj9m2BzzsAxWLcTW5PEb4_CWBs8OEC17hm06bKjbBtoJ-9Fcn2lutr8EtXdGwl_b-MVGTYCIj6tFfZgpa4yQBdYa963nwnbGCxNcb__GfjdMasTWlYcWcaHnYZphkuVBwz6_YL2djrd9gMjUN95ffqlTBaEVUrBFj0qMOw58G_IVRBG3ZhhThIrN-mF0WQb3V25C1t5vXk0PLXo8sY6BgnOg8j-7ot9XJmPf7zRfYqpdboSdld0kdxSk9SphKzlT9m0kiB9KnjcnngFOEDTjaDBgVpU2eAjSG2PyqS0j5WwfT0LcaQRxLH-vWLyz444_V7NQhP5TuCi22HwmwkQVO-Z1s7GwaF2TsWrq4AtmQ8j6vjVcHLyxRSIUGc2Xuf_Cic5bixACxqga3yNEMuTdohZiCQ_CRFiwXTibWIuGOH_RPgSdgoHKK41SlZJh=w2219-h1248-no

Last edited:

tjoeshue2000

Reaction score
Just came back from Taiwan, sharing my 2 drivers for both Taipei n Taichung

For both places, we did a one day tour, we hire separate drivers, since we only 2 person. It would be more economical not to 包车for the whole trip

I found this driver at
https://dayre.me/kxqng/l0PKpsFEdj
https://dayre.me/eighttotheten/d9ZyV31V7F
And some other blogs lol dunno which link liao

张敬泓
+886 925 307 935

台中-not in order
0. Misty villa
1. 彩虹眷村 (Rainbow Village)
2。 宮原眼科 (Miyahara)
3.* 薰衣草森林公園 (Lavender Cottage)
4. 中社花市 (Zhong She Guanguang Flower Market)
5. 高美濕地 (Gaomei Wetlands)--看日落
6. 如意堂-太阳饼
7. 逢甲商旅 LAVIDA Hotel

As we started our one day trip from cingjing minsu misty, our fares could be more expensive compared to those who start at tai chung city area, anyway the cost is 5000, no overtime charge

Rating: 9/10

car is taxi, comfortable, comes with handphone charger wire on both seats:)

Overall friendly quy, have good recommendations on food and bubble tea, while we travel to this places, he will bring us to drink famous bubble tea and he will take pictures for us.

The above trip starts from 930am and ends around 730pm. 10 hrs lol

布丁 the famous driver
+8860955577675

Yehliu Geopark*(野柳地質公園)
Shifen Waterfall(十分大瀑布)
Shifen Station/Old Street(十分放天燈)
無極索道-our fav place
Yin Yang Sea(阴阳海)
Golden Waterfall(黄金瀑布)
Jiufen Old Street(九份老街)
Shilin Night Market (士林夜市)
Did the above in 8hr, no overtime

8個小時3500
加時間的部分一個小時+400

Rating: 9/10
20 yrs driving exp, will tell us which store to buy, a foodie, got lots of recommendations for food

Just a side note for taipei, as usual, I had secure a list of Taipei drivers, as it was quite short notice, many drivers were not available and would want to recommend their other drivers. 布丁was actually not on my priority list as he was actually being badmouth by another driver I intended to find but was not free.

Reviews of each driver should prove how good they are, thus I disregard the badmouth and didn't regret.

Last edited:

chocolatte85@gmail.com

Reaction score
Highly recommended: 跟著Cola台湾之旅 if you need a driver in Taiwan.

I'd just return back from Taiwan today! With my husband, 2 kids(aged 2 and 6) and 3 elderly. Chose Eason aka 可樂 as my driver for Taipei trip. He is a fun and lovely driver! He introduced many places of interest in taipei. I gave him a few places that I would like to visit and he added more into it! My parents in law and aunt love it when he brought us to see Sakura flowers. He made sure that everyone get to enjoy and even kids too. My sons love to play with him. He joined us in a few places and helped us take care of kids when we can enjoyed eating. Felt welcomed and never felt awkward through the whole trip. We had lots of fun with 可樂! He is very sincere and nice! I had recommended him to my friends! :):):)
用真心感动人。旅行很愉快。 超强烈推荐可樂!
旅行不只是旅行 #跟著風遊台灣可樂cola
台湾旅游专员.陳韋豪
阿豪。Eason。Cola
+886989835979
跟著風遊台灣可樂Cola
歡迎預約台灣環島自由行
旅遊專員:陳韋豪 可樂 Eason
台灣旅遊專線:0989835979
Whatsapp:+886989835979
Don't hesitate! Call him now. You will never regret getting him as your driver in Taiwan.

polarthebear

Reaction score
I have came back quite some time from a 2 weeks family trip in Taiwan. However I will still like to recommend our hired driver cum guide (who is also highly recommended by the forumers here) as we were glad that we made a right choice to hire him.

Prior to our trip, he called us to discuss about the trip itinerary (he planned the whole itinerary as well as arrangement for our accommodation) and at a nearer date to our trip in Taiwan, he whatsapp us to inform us of the cold weather in Taiwan and reminded us to bring warm clothings. During the trip, we had a lot of fun and made a lot of fond memories together.

That is his contact below, feel free to contact him via Whatsapp as he is very prompt in his reply (unless he's driving). :love::love:

Name: Eason/Cola/陳韋豪 (mandarin-speaking)
Whatsapp: +886989835979

:s12::s12: This is definitely not a spam or advertisement post. :s13::s13:

cesc007

Reaction score
I just came back from Taiwan 🇹🇼 4-8 Feb. Itinerary is from yilan-taichung-taipei. This is my second time engaging ah hui for my trip.

Here is his contact detail:
Name: 阿辉
Number: 0988090976

Overall review:
The reason why we approach him is because we felt he is friendly and able to bring us to unique places. For instance, he suggested us to go 921 earthquake museum at taichung after we experience it at yilan. During night hour of the earthquake, he also message us to ensure our safety.

He also brought us to special local places to eat Taiwan local cusinie such as the wine duck steamboat. During breakfast, he will offer to treat us and go an extra mile by bringing us to unique places to try. His car has entertainment systems such as YouTube and movie and he would play songs or movies to keep us entertained during the Journey. His car is very comfortable and spacious and can fit up to 8 people.

He would also help us take nice photos during our trip.

Overall, we highly recommend his services as he is very trustable and friendly.

Simon

csoyzx

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all.. need some advices on my itinerary..

Day 1 - Reach taoyuan airport and take HSR to taichung

Day 2 - Taichung to Cingjing minsu (any recommendations for driver?)

Day 3 - Cingjing minsu

Day 4 - Cingjing minsu to flying cow ranch(Miaoli) (any recommendations for driver?)

Day 5 - Flying cow ranch to taipei (any recommendations for driver?)

After day 5 onwards will be at taipei.. just wanna ask for recommendations for driver or just book a local taxi? And whats the market rate like?

LOL888

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would like to recommend a driver (Simon Chen) whom I engaged for a trip to Taiwan recently, through a friend's recommendation.

I am very pleased with the service he provided for me and my family (2 adults and 2 elderly). Before the trip he would discuss the itinerary and make suggestions on places and restaurants to visit to make the trip more comfortable for my parents, even giving us tips on what fruits were in season, helping us to call and book the activities that we would be attending in advance. He was very friendly and it felt more like a local friend bringing us around rather than a hired private driver.

His car is a very clean and spacious benz Vito(9 seater), and he is based in Taichung. However I engaged him for a 8 day island tour covering Taipei, taichung, hualien, yilan

He was not a calculating sort and did not request for extra compensation when we accidentally left our important documents in the hotel which we had to turn back to retrieve after 2 hours on the road and ended that day really late. Rather, he was genuiningly concerned and helped us communicate with the hotel to ensure that our documents were safe.

He speaks and replies mostly in Chinese, however I could what's app him in English with no issues. I understand from him that his family is also in the tourism biz and I am happy that he made our first Taiwan trip so enjoyable. I would definitely visit Taiwan again to feel the taiwanese hospitality.

His contact is:
Simon Chen
We Chat, What's app: +886 986 712 971
Facebook page: Facebook.com/taiwan.twee.taxi/
Email:simon22952026@gmail.com

LOL888

Reaction score
hi all.. need some advices on my itinerary..

Day 1 - Reach taoyuan airport and take HSR to taichung

Day 2 - Taichung to Cingjing minsu (any recommendations for driver?)

Day 3 - Cingjing minsu

Day 4 - Cingjing minsu to flying cow ranch(Miaoli) (any recommendations for driver?)

Day 5 - Flying cow ranch to taipei (any recommendations for driver?)

After day 5 onwards will be at taipei.. just wanna ask for recommendations for driver or just book a local taxi? And whats the market rate like?

Hi! I have returned from Taiwan recently and part of my itinerary was similar to yours. Except that i was travelling from Taipei > Miaoli > Taichung. The sequence is good, and i can recommend Simon (Whatsapp : +886 986 712 971) and he is from Taichung.

In taipei are you planning to stay in the city or travel to Jiufen/ Shifen? I would recommend that you hire a driver for the day trips to Jiufen/ Shifen as public transport would be more troublesome. Local taxis may charge similarly as private hires: usually about 4000nt a day depending on the car model and no. of pax.

beemer75

Reaction score
pte hire rates

have been quoted TWD5500 for one day to tour around Dahu and Taichung, pick up from Flying Cow. is that a fair rate? for 2 A and 2 kids

starskye

Reaction score
Hi all

I tried contacting Pudding to hire his services for my upcoming trip, but unfortunately he is not free and recommended Jelly 果凍. Has anybody tried Jelly 果凍's services before?

Thank you so much!

andy2326

Reaction score
Best Taiwan Chartered Driver, Private Taxi Hire, Car Rental?

Dear Travellers,

I just wanted to give a shout out to our Taiwan Driver Frank Xie which our family chartered his private car service for 9 days in Taiwan covering Taipei, Taichung, SML, Cing Jing, Hualien and Yilan.

I’m not paid for this post and just doing a testimonial for the great service Frank provided to my family, and I also sincerely hope that many would benefit from his service.

He has a large vehicle and would be very comfortable even for a larger family with many members. For smaller families, there would be ample space for your luggages and shopping purchases added along the trip.

Frank is coming to his early/mid 50s (at this time of writing) and is highly professional, reliable and a very respectful driver.

Besides being a professional driver, Frank doubles up as a very experienced tour guide and constantly shares insights about Taiwan and related attractions freely.

He is always on the look out for the next suitable attraction or eatery/restaurant that could be fitted into our itinerary, all done voluntarily without having to be asked.

He is also conscious of safety in his driving, and drives at a comfortable speed but would help to rush and speed up when needed to help us catch our itinerary on a tight schedule.

His car is unbelievably well equipped - a testament to his experience and careful planning for his clients, including providing free mineral water, trash bags and wet wipes!

Frank has on one of our final travel day even extended his driving service to 13 hrs to accommodate our itinerary and without any additional charges.

He is always early to wait on our family and often helps us with our heavy luggages.

If you are looking for a private car driver who can understand English, Frank would be suitable. He has spent a number of years in the US and could understand English and correspond in basic English.

I highly recommend Frank Xie as your Taiwan chartered private car driver if you are looking to hire one. He added much joy and colourful memories to our Taiwan trip and I’m certain he will do the same to yours.

Here’s his contact :

Name : Frank Xie

Whatsapp : +886-938391319

Line : frank090477

Andy

starskye

Reaction score
Hi all

I tried contacting Pudding to hire his services for my upcoming trip, but unfortunately he is not free and recommended Jelly 果凍. Has anybody tried Jelly 果凍's services before?

Thank you so much!

Eventually I decided to go with 可楽 (Kele). I was initially quite hesitant to proceed with Kele, as I found some online reviews fishy. But I am glad I decided to proceed with him - it was a great choice, so I would like to recommend him!

He was professional and friendly, prompt in responding to my queries and took very good care of my family. I hired him for day trips out to JiuFen/Shifen and Yangmingshan (YMS) area, but I know he drives around the entire Taiwan.

Being very experienced, he brought me to the places to take very good photos/videos at each sight/attraction. During lunch, he even joins in to recommend me local dishes (eg local veggies, etc) to try, which I was very happy to. But I must stress that he respects to your feedback too, so if you insist on your opinion, he is fine with it.

He is very dedicated to his profession and detailed in attending to your needs. He always helps to take photos for you (almost like your photographer), does gifs and video montages for you at the end of the day. He's good in getting the atmosphere going as he is quite lively - what you need while on a holiday. And I must say he has observed my liking for chinese songs, and my entire car trip felt like I was in a KTV.

He is flexible as well - due to the wet/foggy weather, he provided us with alternative places to visit when we couldn't continue in YMS.

I will definitely use his services again when I return to Taiwan.

Name: 可楽 (Kele)
Whatsapp/Line: +886 989 835 979

ppancke

Reaction score
Eventually I decided to go with 可楽 (Kele). I was initially quite hesitant to proceed with Kele, as I found some online reviews fishy. But I am glad I decided to proceed with him - it was a great choice, so I would like to recommend him!

He was professional and friendly, prompt in responding to my queries and took very good care of my family. I hired him for day trips out to JiuFen/Shifen and Yangmingshan (YMS) area, but I know he drives around the entire Taiwan.

Being very experienced, he brought me to the places to take very good photos/videos at each sight/attraction. During lunch, he even joins in to recommend me local dishes (eg local veggies, etc) to try, which I was very happy to. But I must stress that he respects to your feedback too, so if you insist on your opinion, he is fine with it.

He is very dedicated to his profession and detailed in attending to your needs. He always helps to take photos for you (almost like your photographer), does gifs and video montages for you at the end of the day. He's good in getting the atmosphere going as he is quite lively - what you need while on a holiday. And I must say he has observed my liking for chinese songs, and my entire car trip felt like I was in a KTV.

He is flexible as well - due to the wet/foggy weather, he provided us with alternative places to visit when we couldn't continue in YMS.

I will definitely use his services again when I return to Taiwan.

Name: 可楽 (Kele)
Whatsapp/Line: +886 989 835 979

Why all their names so yummy. How much did you pay to engage his services? I'm heading there with 2 friends, so have not decided if we should get a driver or just DIY since it's a short 1 week trip..

starskye

Reaction score
Why all their names so yummy. How much did you pay to engage his services? I'm heading there with 2 friends, so have not decided if we should get a driver or just DIY since it's a short 1 week trip..

his rate is 4,500 TWD per day.. but in my opinion if it's just you + 2 friends (total 3 people), it may not be very worth it. His car is quite big. Can fit to 6-7 people comfortably. It's easy to take taxi within Taipei.. you should only consider hiring a driver if you want to do long hours day trip, like to jiufen/shifen area.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.