[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

jackreacher8

Reaction score
* Buy digital if...
- It is a long game (like 50hr, 100hr)
- It is a game you will play for a long time, especially for multiplayer (like COD, BF, Destiny, Monster Hunter, Minecraft...)
- It is a game you want to play every now and then
- It continues to have new DLC expansions that you want to play
- It is an annual sports game. (If you bot physical and sell it within a few months you can still get back some money, but you want to play it for one whole year! If you sell it too late, its value drops too much. Might as well just get digital and consider it depreciated over a year.)
- It is only available digitally (like many indie games) or is hard to find (or too expensive) physically (especially Chinese version games or Japanese)
- The physical disc version doesn't contain the full game. Like episodic Telltale games, they release the disc with only episode 1, the rest are digital download on later dates, so the physical disc basically has no resale value, unless you want to cheat the buyer (quite often after all episodes are released, they will make episode 1 free to everyone anyway).
- It is a GOTY/complete edition game, but the physical disc version only contains the base game, all other DLCs included are digital downloads.
- You can only find physical disc of another region (like R2) and you don't want to manage different region psn accounts and wallet top-up etc.
- It is very cheap during sale. (A lot of ppl actually sell away physical copy and later buy back digitally during sale if they like the game a lot.)
- You don't want to keep swapping discs, or you tend to misplace discs, or your PS4 has the auto-eject problem

* Buy physical if...
- You are getting the game on Day 1/week 1/soon after release. That way you can still sell it at a good price. (This is assuming it is not a game you want to play for long time, want to play every now and then, etc.)
- It has collector's edition with physical items that you want
- It is Vita game. Digital Vita games are tied to the account that bot them, cannot play using other accounts. Physical doesn't have such restrictions. (Again, depends on whether you want to play for long time, whether digitally is much cheaper etc.)
- Basically opposites of the above list.

thanks man! appreciate the feedback!

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking real hard whether to splurge on the PS4 pro via the Qisahn PS3 trade in for the 4K display and slight improvement to performance or just go for the cheapest slim option...

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking real hard whether to splurge on the PS4 pro via the Qisahn PS3 trade in for the 4K display and slight improvement to performance or just go for the cheapest slim option...

Shopee ps4 Pro no need trade in anything 479 lol

Greenworm

Reaction score
I’m not really sure about other games but after i played Monster Hunter World beta on my friend’s PS4 Pro using the frame rate setting, i went ahead and bought the Pro immediately.

The gameplay is just too smooth sia

udonc1841

Reaction score
anyone encounter problem with the controller's left analog stick not responsive?

Like normally if push the analog stick a little the character will walk and if push all the way he will run...now push all the way also he walk slowly.

The controller is the one that comes with my ps4 pro, can replace if still under warranty?

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shopee ps4 Pro no need trade in anything 479 lol
Oooo I just saw that
Can self collect from a shop in pennisula plaza too

I msged them on shopee to check if it's a sg set
If yes, I'll probably sell my PS3 for cheap (and lelong the games) to get that!

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m not really sure about other games but after i played Monster Hunter World beta on my friend’s PS4 Pro using the frame rate setting, i went ahead and bought the Pro immediately.

The gameplay is just too smooth sia
Wow sounds good
Didn't know the performance difference is so significant

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score

Just buy the pro la. Haha I got the PS4 pro just for mh and vr. No regrets

seizure_

Master Member
Reaction score
for those who are interested in FIFA 18

http://stgamescafe.com/2018/01/fifa-18-challenge-road-to-world-cup-2018-saint-games/

insta-900x900.png

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just buy the pro la. Haha I got the PS4 pro just for mh and vr. No regrets
I just confirmed with the 479 seller on shopee that it is indeed a local set with local warranty so shall go for that!

Time to lelong my PS3 on carousell haha

Greenworm

Reaction score
Ya sia i think it’s a PS4 Pro only function that allows you to change between three video settings in Monstwr Hunter World.

Got Graphics Mode, Resolution mode and frame rate mode.

Imo both graphics and resolution mode makes the game details looks sharper (something like 4K 30fps?)

But during gameplay especially when you start fighting the monsters, the frames would drop significantly to the point it causes my death at some point!

We found out that once we switch to frame rate mode, the game details did drop abit but it’s really undetectable unless you are really into detail gaming type!

But man lemme tell you the huge difference in the gameplay experience is just too satisfying man, everything moves so smoothly even when that pink dinosaur breathes fire on my face the frames held it strongly.

Wow sounds good
Didn't know the performance difference is so significant

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya sia i think it’s a PS4 Pro only function that allows you to change between three video settings in Monstwr Hunter World.

Got Graphics Mode, Resolution mode and frame rate mode.

Imo both graphics and resolution mode makes the game details looks sharper (something like 4K 30fps?)

But during gameplay especially when you start fighting the monsters, the frames would drop significantly to the point it causes my death at some point!

We found out that once we switch to frame rate mode, the game details did drop abit but it’s really undetectable unless you are really into detail gaming type!

But man lemme tell you the huge difference in the gameplay experience is just too satisfying man, everything moves so smoothly even when that pink dinosaur breathes fire on my face the frames held it strongly.

Really meh lol. I read online not much gameplay diff for the games I play. Dark souls 3, nioh and bloodborne etc

Greenworm

Reaction score
For Monster Hunter World they got the options to let you utilise the extra horsepower of the PS4 Pro to enhance your game’s video setting whether to enchance the graphical detail or push frame rates up!

I hope in future games would have this functions as well! It’s a reason for people to upgrade to pro!

Really meh lol. I read online not much gameplay diff for the games I play. Dark souls 3, nioh and bloodborne etc

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score
I just confirmed with the 479 seller on shopee that it is indeed a local set with local warranty so shall go for that!

Time to lelong my PS3 on carousell haha

Good choice. That extra Money can earn back one. At least you know you got the best and it won't stuck on the back of your head when u sleep

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Monster Hunter World they got the options to let you utilise the extra horsepower of the PS4 Pro to enhance your game’s video setting whether to enchance the graphical detail or push frame rates up!

I hope in future games would have this functions as well! It’s a reason for people to upgrade to pro!

I see lol. Maybe next time then upgrade ba. Hope got PS4 pro v2 or something

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to get a ps4 now? Ps is coming to 8yrs lifecycle liao and I see past trend Sony every 6-7 yrs launch a new ps

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.