Did you reboot the ONT unit ?
Try a master reset and redo it.

Google support forum has tons of setup information

jlyq1985

Reaction score
Did you reboot the ONT unit ?
Try a master reset and redo it.

Google support forum has tons of setup information

Done everything I could. Ended up calling StarHub and they said there's some problem with my modem's connection with the router. But when I connect back my old Asus router, all seems fine. Not sure what's going on man. I hope it isn't any incompatibility issue.

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you explain more on your connection,I am assuming you don't know much.
Do you have IPTV running ?

2 things to do,
1. Master reset the Google Wifi,
2. Connect the Google Wifi WAN port to the working Asus router LAN port.
Let the Google Wi-Fi to power up, do its stuff to complete any initialization, just be patient, not to disturb it. You can use r Google Wifi app to try to setup, if it is working on, you should be able to detect it and complete the setup.

If your Google Wifi is working, join the Google Wi-Fi network, try access to Internet or so.

If this is working, connect the Google Wi-Fi WAN port to the ONT LAN Port that you used to connect to Asus Router.

2. Log into Asus router setup page, check the LAN settings, see you have any VLAN preset settings, if yes, you need to put the Asus Router in front.

What modem are you using ? You not on fibre network?

Done everything I could. Ended up calling StarHub and they said there's some problem with my modem's connection with the router. But when I connect back my old Asus router, all seems fine. Not sure what's going on man. I hope it isn't any incompatibility issue.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google help;

Wifi point can't connect to the Internet

If your Wifi point isn’t getting an Internet connection from your modem:

Unplug your modem and your Wifi point from power.Wait about 2 minutes. This will make sure your modem and Wifi point are fully off.Then plug the power cable back into only your modem and wait 1 minute.Plug the power cable into your Wifi point and wait 20 seconds for it to power on.If you're setting up an Wifi point, close the Google Wifi app and reopen it to attempt setup.

Your Wifi point’s light will continually pulse blue when it’s ready for setup.

Refer to link;
https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6274970?hl=en

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is possible IP related issue.
Your original router do retain the IP.
Hence no issue when connect back.

Seem tech support not happy to resolve as not get from them ...

They know your connection issue as they can check but did not assist further.
It meant that you have multi IP which cause the failed connection.
Actually they can refresh your IP, meaning assign another IP.

Most routers do retained any previous IP.
Hence it is better to do factory reset your Google WiFi for settings to factory default.
Also check for any firmware update, etc.

Had encountered this on other routers and they did refresh my IP which resolved.
The wait for 1 minute for ONT is that the PON indicator green stable.
This is to push new IP to your router.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you may want to try this, since your old asus router is working well.

1. Connect the asus router to ont, set the asus router in bridge mode.

2. connect your google wifi master mode to lan port 1 of the asus router using a lan cable.

see this link for further explanation:
https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6280578?hl=en-SG

Last edited:

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score

mikamic

Reaction score
hi,
Sorry to hear about your frustration. i'm also having issue in setting up my google wifi. Any update on your end? I understand that Google wifi does not support VLAN at this stage - do you think that is the root cause?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it’s regarding StarHub, there’s no vlan.

There’s a good chance StarHub does MAC address logging, so you might need to clone the MAC, or you call in to request to delete the previous MAC..

hi,
Sorry to hear about your frustration. i'm also having issue in setting up my google wifi. Any update on your end? I understand that Google wifi does not support VLAN at this stage - do you think that is the root cause?

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
hi,
You should provide more details otherwise no one can help here.

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can check before i jump into renewal ....

Currently my access point is place at level 2, but wifi is weak on third floor and first floor. Starhub do a cabling to third floor and loan a temp router or AP not sure what that to give off wifi for 3rd floor.

will the google wifi air mesh improve the overall wifi since now come in the set of 3 and i can place 1 on 3rd floor and 1 on the 1st floor?

hermes76

Master Member
Reaction score
Any issue if I sign up SH Google Wi-Fi for address A n use it at address B?

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro using GAGT

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any issue if I sign up SH Google Wi-Fi for address A n use it at address B?

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro using GAGT
As Goggle WiFi and Routers are yours once you sign-up n purchase.
You can use it or not is up to you.
And to use for another location is all up to you.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Bought a set of 3 google wifi from carousell
Set up was easy (although i have to use adapter as the set was from USA with us plugs) and no more dead spots in every corners of the house.

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Some just struggle to get it to work.

Bought a set of 3 google wifi from carousell
Set up was easy (although i have to use adapter as the set was from USA with us plugs) and no more dead spots in every corners of the house.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Still amazing. Able to get 400mbps on wireless.

Previously was using AC68U can get 200-300mbps on wireless and it is AC1900 compare to Google wifi of AC 1200

:s12:

Some just struggle to get it to work.

ksksksks

Reaction score
gQvhWCb.jpg

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
after my Dec 2017 setup, it is just working fine , this mesh network is a great stuff..easy to use and smart.

hellhole

Reaction score
hello everyone...

going to move house soon.. and going to upgrade to the 1GB fiber thingie from starhub.

the thing is.. the contractor telling me that now all the fiber points coming in are at the kitchen 'box'. i think its quite typical now. And that the router will be there... probably the ASUS one from starhub is what i will go with...

so now i am a little concern about how far it can reach. i have not tried it yet.. but i am thinking of connecting one of the google wifi to the router and then the other 2 i spread around the whole place...

then my friend tell me that i should save the money and use the xiami wifi repeater ver 2 instead.. same much more money and wont have that much lag.

i tried searching on comparing these.. but cant seem to find any proper data.. just some article that say not really need mesh in sg....

i have a lot of 'user' in the family.. accessing the internet at different places...

some friend even tell me to buy both.. and cover everything!!

please advise...

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello everyone...

going to move house soon.. and going to upgrade to the 1GB fiber thingie from starhub.

the thing is.. the contractor telling me that now all the fiber points coming in are at the kitchen 'box'. i think its quite typical now. And that the router will be there... probably the ASUS one from starhub is what i will go with...

so now i am a little concern about how far it can reach. i have not tried it yet.. but i am thinking of connecting one of the google wifi to the router and then the other 2 i spread around the whole place...

then my friend tell me that i should save the money and use the xiami wifi repeater ver 2 instead.. same much more money and wont have that much lag.

i tried searching on comparing these.. but cant seem to find any proper data.. just some article that say not really need mesh in sg....

i have a lot of 'user' in the family.. accessing the internet at different places...

some friend even tell me to buy both.. and cover everything!!

please advise...

There are many other ways - convert the tel point into lan point, wifi repeater, powerplug/homeplug... etc.

see this thread

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-connect-your-home-fiber-network-4173602.html

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.