Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for hotels for Osaka and Kyoto?
Going on end april to 1st week of may.
Total of 4 pax (2 elderly and 2 adults/ family)

Don't have to be high end hotels, budget/ 3 star type will do.

Thank all!
Hmmm it's three mths away and around golden week so many hotels might be booked. And you need two rooms.

I stayed at hotel kinki for Osaka which i feel is cheap. You can check if still available. I stayed at hotel consort before too but it's kinda old lol.

Kyoto is probably expensive around that period.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it too cold then?
But tickets to osaka prices so close to France ��
Cold or not cold depends on your own tolerance I guess :s13: But for me, April/May and Oct/Nov weather feels "pleasantly cool/cold."

If direct flight, Scoot to Osaka should be around s$6xx? Otherwise MAS or Garuda or other one-stop flights should also be around there. SQ direct flight I guess normally s$700-s$800-ish.

[edit] Just put in some random November dates into google flights:

89GVwbG.png

Gainduia

Reaction score
Hmmm it's three mths away and around golden week so many hotels might be booked. And you need two rooms.

I stayed at hotel kinki for Osaka which i feel is cheap. You can check if still available. I stayed at hotel consort before too but it's kinda old lol.

Kyoto is probably expensive around that period.

Thanks for the reply.
Is quite a last min trip as parent want to travel.

skyblood

Reaction score
Is there any rental bikes like OFO, mobikes on the street of Osaka/kyoto or have any 1 experience rental of motorcycle. Do u need a international license for it ?

Little.lmbecile

Reaction score
I'll be going to Japan(Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo) during the 2nd week of Feb. Will it be too late to get a winter coat by then?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any rental bikes like OFO, mobikes on the street of Osaka/kyoto or have any 1 experience rental of motorcycle. Do u need a international license for it ?

Yes you need an international licence. I found rental bikes in Tokyo but they are all properly parked in designated bike areas, not like over here dumped in random areas.

9N1Y9N1Y

Reaction score
baby porridge don't think can cook in microwave. looking at those small rice cooker 0.5l kind

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on these shortlisted restaurants for one single Wagyu dinner in Tokyo? The hotel I'm staying in doesn't have a concierge so I'm fully dependent on queue-only or internet-reservations-only places.

Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511 (3.58) ¥13,800-15,800/pax.
Ginza Ukai-Tei (4.22) ¥19,440-29,160/pax.
Satou Steak (3.59) Not sure how much, ¥10-15k I guess.
Karyu (4.20) ¥26,500 incl. TableAll charge

Any other recommendations? Teppanyaki/Steak only, not interested in Yakiniku.

Last edited:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, i will try to aim for high tabelog score.
Ukai Tei or Kryu are both to consider. The rest maybe not since the score is average.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on these shortlisted restaurants for one single Wagyu dinner in Tokyo? The hotel I'm staying in doesn't have a concierge so I'm fully dependent on queue-only or internet-reservations-only places.

https://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1301/A130101/13002367/Ginza Ukai-Tei (4.22) ¥19,440-29,160/pax.

Tokyo got many nice Yakiniku places. Yoroniku is super popular. You should try, it is high quality beef and they grill it for you.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ukai Tei or Kryu are both to consider. The rest maybe not since the score is average.
Tokyo got many nice Yakiniku places. Yoroniku is super popular. You should try, it is high quality beef and they grill it for you.
Ooooooooh ok now this is interesting. i mentioned that i don't want yakiniku cos at these prices I don't want to have to cook (and potentially screw up) my own meat. but if they cook then different story :)

I have a look and see.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ooooooooh ok now this is interesting. i mentioned that i don't want yakiniku cos at these prices I don't want to have to cook (and potentially screw up) my own meat. but if they cook then different story :)

I have a look and see.

I noticed from going to Yoroniku twice is that always young pretty ladies waitress cooking :s13:

Really nice. But then Yoroniku booking not easy. Always fully booked although their shop is big. Need min 2pax as well.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it too cold then?
Grrr, Europe in September I rly rly rly dislike, so I was hoping to not make weather mistakes. Prefer Apr/May weather in Europe and some friends told me weather similar in Japan during that time.

But tickets to osaka prices so close to France 😅

Kara going?

Recently I book sq for late Oct to Nov trip for 2a and one infant.. Arrive hnd and depart kix for 1588.80.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ginza Ukai-Tei (4.22) ¥19,440-29,160/pax.

Those with tabelog score >4 is considered Godly :s13:

apeape

Reaction score

I went into a random Yakiniku restaurant in Osaka, cooked it myself, and it still tasted like melted butter. I think the quality of their meat is so high, any cook or any restaurant will taste delicious to our Singaporean mouths. One of the reasons why I did not rely on tabelog too much as well.

But there is some bad ramen out there as well, so...

slashiroth

Reaction score
I just randomly bought a flight ticket to Japan yesterday. Flying off Sunday midnight night. Will there be any tourists sim card available for sale there? Reaching there early morning on Monday at Haneda Airport. Also what's the most convenient way to get to shinjuku from the airport. Thanks alot.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just randomly bought a flight ticket to Japan yesterday. Flying off Sunday midnight night. Will there be any tourists sim card available for sale there? Reaching there early morning on Monday at Haneda Airport. Also what's the most convenient way to get to shinjuku from the airport. Thanks alot.

Yes SIM card is readily available there but you can buy Starhub prepaid here and activate dataroam. Cheaper and performance is good. Check the other thread on this.

Haneda to Shinjuku is about 45mins by limousine bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.