Is hybrid car good ?

yogab3ar

Reaction score
Is hybrid car good and will the hybrid functionality breaks down ? Looking at honda fit hybrid now.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hybrid parf is 2500 at best. :o Hybrid batteries likely need to change in 5th years onwards. :o Petrol is still the best. :o

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Still skeptical about replacement of batteries. Replacement battery for Toyota is 5k onwards. Had a friend who just changed.

Boom there goes all your fuel savings in one shot. And that hurts even more coz it’s a massive sum all at once

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still skeptical about replacement of batteries. Replacement battery for Toyota is 5k onwards. Had a friend who just changed.

Boom there goes all your fuel savings in one shot. And that hurts even more coz it’s a massive sum all at once

Batteries no matter how good is the charging and discharging programme toyota or honda written the battery discharge and charge will degrade over time and weather. :o When replace it's always advisable to replace whole battery modules instead singular pack so the load will be balanced. :o Charge curve for old battery will be different from newer batch. :o

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy from AD's la. Nowadays all AD's give 10 year warranty on the hybrid batteries, e.g. Borneo, Kia etc.

I replaced my Prius' hybrid battery FOC under warranty in the 7th year

Love hybrid cars
- fuel saving
- quiet
- great pickup (with assistance of the electric motor)
- green parking lot (when some non-hybrid ** don't park la)
- better for the environment overall

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hybrid battery can repair now
No longer change whole thing which cost 5k above
Repair is around 2k if im not wrong

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just buy a prius... cant go wrong... toyota is a pioneer in hybrid tech for cars...

anyway I've seen a mech changing these cells on a prius before. it looks quite lay chay to me... gotta dismantle a lot of things...

i ask the owner how much he paid n iirc, he said per cell is less than 40sgd... he ordered online n shipped it to his mech wksp... so if u need 20 of these cells replaced n with labor, it should not cost more than 1200sgd?

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
South East Asia 's climate is the number 1 killer to batteries

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just buy a prius... cant go wrong... toyota is a pioneer in hybrid tech for cars...

anyway I've seen a mech changing these cells on a prius before. it looks quite lay chay to me... gotta dismantle a lot of things...

i ask the owner how much he paid n iirc, he said per cell is less than 40sgd... he ordered online n shipped it to his mech wksp... so if u need 20 of these cells replaced n with labor, it should not cost more than 1200sgd?

Taobao batteries exploded. :o

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most battery now warranty 10 years. So no need to change at all. I have a full electric car, never going back to petrol car anymore.

unless you are clocking very high mileage each yr, else, it better to get a conventional engine car.
If you drive high mileage, hybrid is a lot better because more savings for each mile driven. Battery deteriorate more with time rather than usage.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
most battery now warranty 10 years. So no need to change at all. I have a full electric car, never going back to petrol car anymore.

If you drive high mileage, hybrid is a lot better because more savings for each mile driven. Battery deteriorate more with time rather than usage.

its not only about worrying on the life span of the battery.
the extra cost just don't make sense as compared to the savings on petrol.

a diff of $30K can pump you a lot of ron95.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its not only about worrying on the life span of the battery.
the extra cost just don't make sense as compared to the savings on petrol.

a diff of $30K can pump you a lot of ron95.

Yup save money? No way, not in sg.

Its more for Tree huggers

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.