Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the input lag notifiable? i saw online that there is a lag when plug in to PC.

Can the TV use standard vesa mount?

I am considering xiaomi 55inch 4c, 690sgd including shipping

mozaat

Reaction score
I have a xiaomi TV 3 ( without the Xiaomi Box )
I bought this TV in China 1 year ago and I am now using it in Belgium - only to plug a playstation or computer by HDMI (i am not using the other features)
The software is all in chinese, language which i don't understand, but i understand enough to plug my computer :)
Last week the TV software was updated and everything was working as usual. I turn off the TV.
Since then, i have a blank screen.
The central unit turns on (the light indicator lights up) but no visual on the screen - whatever i do with the remote, the buttons, plug / unplug all connectors.

Would anybody have an idea how to solve this issue ?
Maybe there would be a way to reset the TV ?

Thanks in advances,

Cheers,

ksw101

Reaction score
I use TV3 purchased in China, but there wasn’t software update last week.

I have a xiaomi TV 3 ( without the Xiaomi Box )
I bought this TV in China 1 year ago and I am now using it in Belgium - only to plug a playstation or computer by HDMI (i am not using the other features)
The software is all in chinese, language which i don't understand, but i understand enough to plug my computer :)
Last week the TV software was updated and everything was working as usual. I turn off the TV.
Since then, i have a blank screen.
The central unit turns on (the light indicator lights up) but no visual on the screen - whatever i do with the remote, the buttons, plug / unplug all connectors.

Would anybody have an idea how to solve this issue ?
Maybe there would be a way to reset the TV ?

Thanks in advances,

Cheers,

seansin

Reaction score
There is a software update, version 1.3.58 (stable), for Mi TV4. Has anyone try the update yet?

Last edited:

mozaat

Reaction score
Wondering if u you can advise me on how to trouble shoot some problems...
1. Not sure why, TV was doing a good job till last night. Atm the TV cannot be turned on.
2. Soundbar is ok but still no response from TV.
3. I have 2 remote, one for TV and one for soundbar. Whenever I use the TV remote power on button, the soundbar will turn on whereas TV remains dead. No response at all, no shiny white light. Then when I use the TV soundar, remote, still same. TV just not showing signs of turning on.
So can you

alphaone

Reaction score
Keen to hear about the new XiaoMi short throw laser projector too! YouTube reviews seem to be raving it.

80" minimum is quite a challenge! And that projector's only 1080p... Hmm...

ghgan1

Reaction score
Very likely the update might have caused the remote to be unpaired.
If you can turn on the tv without the remote, you can then pair the remote to the tv again. You can try connecting a usb or wireless mouse to the tv usb port as a temporary remote.

Wondering if u you can advise me on how to trouble shoot some problems...
1. Not sure why, TV was doing a good job till last night. Atm the TV cannot be turned on.
2. Soundbar is ok but still no response from TV.
3. I have 2 remote, one for TV and one for soundbar. Whenever I use the TV remote power on button, the soundbar will turn on whereas TV remains dead. No response at all, no shiny white light. Then when I use the TV soundar, remote, still same. TV just not showing signs of turning on.
So can you

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Did anyone manage to install Google Playstore on Mi TV4?

Tried many versions of Google Service and PlayStore and failed to get the Google Playstore to work. Understand one will need to root the TV.

Last edited:

seansin

Reaction score
Tried many versions of Google Service and PlayStore and failed to get the Google Playstore to work. Understand one will need to root the TV.

Same here. Tried with different Playstore installer also not working. Only Amazon Appstore works.

Did you update to the new 1.3.58 firmware for Mi TV4?

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine didn’t even last barely a year before the backlight were spoilt...MiTV 3S 48” btw

just wondering ..seems the xiaomi tv doesnt seem to be that reliable and user friendly to use.

still worth to get ?

so far my experience with xiaomi is only good for their 'low end' products like portable battery and air fresherner. hated their ip cameria and so difficult to use.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Same here. Tried with different Playstore installer also not working. Only Amazon Appstore works.

Did you update to the new 1.3.58 firmware for Mi TV4?

No.. presently I set the setting to detect the latest version.. it is stable while playing all the preset movies and all the Chinese movies etc.. it is also stable to play all those given channels. As for the rest such as Taiwanese movies which is not native to the set, there is a need to root the TV which I did not want to because the TV is still under warranty.
Without rooting, the TV just cannot install Google play although one could still use Google Chrome and Youtube as there are TV versions that are quite stable to be used in Xiaomi TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.