Malaysia prepaid card

ly66844

Reaction score
My hotlink is inactive.. is the only choice to top up 10rm to activate it? Very lost. Hahaha.

oscarorange

Reaction score
My friend is using Hotlink, she bought the prepaid card two years ago. She will TOP up the card every mth using those strip type scratch card , to keep it alive . When she go JB she will buy the internet, fast speed type but it's still very slow. Cannot even access FB.
Any advice for her? Thanks.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend is using Hotlink, she bought the prepaid card two years ago. She will TOP up the card every mth using those strip type scratch card , to keep it alive . When she go JB she will buy the internet, fast speed type but it's still very slow. Cannot even access FB.

May be her card is still using 3G network, time to change.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
End up buy hotlink.

Store owner say rm10 for sim card, another rm10 for 1gb data for 5days.

Dunno kena scam anot lolol

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok after my trip, i might have gotten scam by the DIGI sales person.

She said RM20 for 2gb 2weeks + 10RM credit. <--- seems like a good deal since im only here for 3days, and the other plans were inflated and i don't require that much data...

So on DIGI's website (http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid/live), if u get this you will only pay RM8.00(incl. GST) comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days) HIGH SPEED INTERNET<--- after 300MB, u will have internet but low speed!
• Pack validity: 5 days

The RM5 credit can be used to subscribe for the Internet One Time Pass(RM1 for 24hours unlimited use on social media// RM1 for 24hours unlimited use on Media streaming sites)

SO THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR MY SINGAPOREAN DWELLERS!(IF AND ONLY IF you are here for 1-3days!) just have to pay RM8!!!

(WHICH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU ARE ONLY THERE FOR 1-3DAYS!)

PRO: value for money
CON: hard to find this prepaid card too cause normally shops will wan you to buy their upgraded version(EG:RM20 for more credit--->they know you wont use those credits also so they earn Etc)

LOOK AT THE LINK I FOUND: http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans

That time those phone people scam us sayingg RM30 for simcard and data... I was like wtf. it was not that ex a month ago.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What phone is your friend using? Has she been experiencing "very slow" network all these 2 years?

My advice is to contact Maxis/Hotlink customer service.

oscarorange

Reaction score
What phone is your friend using? Has she been experiencing "very slow" network all these 2 years?

My advice is to contact Maxis/Hotlink customer service.

She is using Xiaomi Redmi..Maybe too old and slow. LOL. She can't remember was it so slow before.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those dealers are trying to earn some extras to pay towards their overheads like rental and salaries. If you guys feel that's unfair, just head for other places like news stands and telco centers to buy your SIM packs.

If you feel heading elsewhere is waste of time and/or money, just get from those dealers.

Do your own maths and figure out how much credit balance and data you need, then decide where is best for yourselves.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
She is using Xiaomi Redmi..Maybe too old and slow. LOL. She can't remember was it so slow before.

You got it.

"Maybe too old and slow..." "She can't remember..."

Check the network with proper devices and at proper places, then head for customer service if nothing works. As another member has mentioned earlier, hers might not even be a 4G-capable SIM card too.

kitkat2

Reaction score

is she using the sim card directly on her phone or on a mifi?

after hotlink rolled out unlimited facebook and instagram, access to these sites is blocked when tethered.

kitkat2

Reaction score
hotlink fast discontinued starting today. no more free data on weekends if you buy hotlink cards now.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hotlink fast discontinued starting today. no more free data on weekends if you buy hotlink cards now.

Looks like it's now the Hotlink RED plan? RM10

Your Hotlink RED pack will also come with :-
FREE Basic Internet
300MB 3G/4G Internet (valid for 2 days)
RM 5 Credit (valid for 5 days)
Call: 15sen/30 sec (all local network)
SMS: 15sen/sms (all local network)

https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/red.html

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even better reason to keep the hotlink fast card alive as long as possible. If not for the free weekend , would have jump to Digi or Celcom.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.