Singnet Fibre Optic Broadband Speed Discussion

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There won't be any significant difference to speed as compared to current onts. But the fact that it's an onr, all ports are vlan tagged and your access point can be used from any router brand. That's to say, onr device will greatly benefit bto 2013 and beyond.

Now people no need to rack their brains finding out which router to buy, how to set up the network cabling etc...

so how is the new device work out? any reviews to see :o

Reaction score
:s11:
Anyone noticed on Facebook kinda slow to load ?

also my side column gone ...the right side.

I reset my router and ONT ....other websites load ok..

Facebook seem take sometime to load.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably something to do with your browser. I just stepped out of house but before that was on fb for several hours leh.

Nothing seems to have changed for me.

1gbps home fibre here..

[[ForeverAlone said:
];106858575]:s11:
Anyone noticed on Facebook kinda slow to load ?

also my side column gone ...the right side.

I reset my router and ONT ....other websites load ok..

Facebook seem take sometime to load.

Reaction score
Probably something to do with your browser. I just stepped out of house but before that was on fb for several hours leh.

Nothing seems to have changed for me.

1gbps home fibre here..

hmm weird,

All along ok while loading my Facebook ...I even test on another computer same problem

rest my oNT and Router yesterday as I do noticed lag watch stream so as usual reset , back to normal stream ok no lag

I reset though is perhaps very long never turn off and on back the ONT and router to flash out the data

but same problems,

I guess perhaps I using safari ...

I test on other computer also encounter same problem...

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm weird,

All along ok while loading my Facebook ...I even test on another computer same problem

rest my oNT and Router yesterday as I do noticed lag watch stream so as usual reset , back to normal stream ok no lag

I reset though is perhaps very long never turn off and on back the ONT and router to flash out the data

but same problems,

I guess perhaps I using safari ...

I test on other computer also encounter same problem...

contact Singtel helpdesk on the facebook issues is fixed or not. and beside that have u tried like morning s well?

Reaction score
contact Singtel helpdesk on the facebook issues is fixed or not. and beside that have u tried like morning s well?

yup still the side, irony I found some Facebook users encounter this problem of

the left side bar missing from their fb MANY years back in fb support.

some claim go privacy than go support click back the left side bar will return back

some claim automatic ...after some days as usual FB is weird ..

I never do anything just disappear suddenly

also a. bit lagging others website is ok.

hmm...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup still the side, irony I found some Facebook users encounter this problem of

the left side bar missing from their fb MANY years back in fb support.

some claim go privacy than go support click back the left side bar will return back

some claim automatic ...after some days as usual FB is weird ..

I never do anything just disappear suddenly

also a. bit lagging others website is ok.

hmm...

I just loaded facebook, no issue so far leh..

got try deleting cookies and caches?

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
i probably going to sign up for ST 1gbps. just to check how is BT download speed on average??

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know this? How does the ONR perform as compared to a typical ONT+Asus AC88U for routing performance?

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about the 2Gbps plan? Anyone here on the plan? Really wonder if it worth the extra $ for a 5 person household family.

-Grift-

Reaction score
What about the 2Gbps plan? Anyone here on the plan? Really wonder if it worth the extra $ for a 5 person household family.

1gbps more than plenty for concurrent streaming downloads and gaming at peak

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess 2Gbps is only worth for streamers who need more upload bandwidth. Or those who plan on providing free “wireless@sg” guest networks for their neighbours :)

Or if you have good relationship with your next door neighbour, can run a cat6 cable over and put a wireless ap there and co-share broadband cost!

Last edited:

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
to be frank. can a socket 775 q6600 with a SSD reach 900++ up and down speed even if i use cat 6 cable?????? i'm still using 15mbps ADSL

Last edited:

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so for singtel 1GBPS is 940++ down and 940++ up?????

That's pretty much maxed out. My VQ now doing only 906.98Mbps Down and 948.34mbps up. This is at 5am with "viewquest pte ltd" as speedtest server.

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
so singtel came over just now to install. as of now I'm only getting 610++ mbps on my old computer. should I be consent??? and funny thing is my fibre is active on port 2 and port 1 has no signal at all or light at all. i called singtel and they told me they activated port 1 instead of 2. should I be consent about that as well???? can some one help me test if your other port will blink red on the optical network router please???

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.