DBS Altitude Visa Signature

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the confirmation...so it's same like Citibank premier miles...

thinking of jumping ship to this card becos Citibank charge CCY on almost all my foreign currency transaction, be it online or POS, kinda ridiculous to keep checking and informing Citi that my credit card slip is showing payment in foreign currency..

do you guys encounter this?

how many % is this CCY?

Last edited:

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the confirmation...so it's same like Citibank premier miles...

thinking of jumping ship to this card becos Citibank charge CCY on almost all my foreign currency transaction, be it online or POS, kinda ridiculous to keep checking and informing Citi that my credit card slip is showing payment in foreign currency..

do you guys encounter this?
citi pm has less exclusion

I think all charge ba only citi showthem seperately?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
yes both altitude and pm charges the ccy rates... 1% for both cards

for example uber on dbs cards shows the uber price you paid on the app x 1.01 while citi whole show in 2 line item the actual price & the ccy charge... ocbc bills similar to dbs

I prefer citi for 2 things; very little exclusion for 1.2m base rate earn (i.e road tax included) and more transfer partners

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
I started off with DBS Altitude but started shifting to Citi PM.
Reasons: 1. Less exclusions 2. Citi potentially issues more miles for mulitple transactions. -> Altitude issues 1 rewards point (2miles) per $1.67 spent with points rounded down whereas Citi issues 1.2 miles per $1 before rounding 3. More partners to transfer miles to

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

for example uber on dbs cards shows the uber price you paid on the app x 1.01 while citi whole show in 2 line item the actual price & the ccy charge... ocbc bills similar to dbs

I prefer citi for 2 things; very little exclusion for 1.2m base rate earn (i.e road tax included) and more transfer partners

That is for cross border fee (SGD charged by merchants based outside singapore).

Somehow for ekardo, his native foreign currency charges are being converted to SGD and then levied a 3.X% fee even though he declined the DCC option

laurent_rio

Reaction score
Reasons: 1. Less exclusions 2. Citi potentially issues more miles for mulitple transactions. -> Altitude issues 1 rewards point (2miles) per $1.67 spent with points rounded down whereas Citi issues 1.2 miles per $1 before rounding 3. More partners to transfer miles to

but DBS Altitude points can be combined with DBS Woman who gives more miles for online transaction

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think it's still good to keep DBS Altitude for certain spendings like airfares and hotels for 3mpd. Somemore its points do not expire.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, this may have been asked. how long does it typically take to have redeemed points reflected in my krisflyer account after i performed the online redemption? faq states 1-2 weeeks but i hoping for actual cases that you experienced. thanks@

laurent_rio

Reaction score
hi all, this may have been asked. how long does it typically take to have redeemed points reflected in my krisflyer account after i performed the online redemption? faq states 1-2 weeeks but i hoping for actual cases that you experienced. thanks@

normally less than 1 weeks several times i redeemed

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

too bad too hard to apply. Got rejected. Monthly salary below 4400. Gross salary above 50k.

Too bad lor. I got citi clear reward n smrt card

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

talan_z

Reaction score
Which MCCs fall under Travel for this card?

And does anyonr know the MCC of airbnb?

Thank you!

kruzeryo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new in this.

Will the DBS Points in DBS Altitude Card expire?

Please advise.

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new in this.

Will the DBS Points in DBS Altitude Card expire?

Please advise.

No. But do note that the points earn from other DBS cards expires in 1 year. Bill will show breakdown in different cards and expiries

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. But do note that the points earn from other DBS cards expires in 1 year. Bill will show breakdown in different cards and expiries
points on treasures black amex and insignia don't expire as well.

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh, want to check on the points calculation.

For local spend, it's 3 points per $5 right? So in general, if all items is local spend, i'll take the total sum / 5 * 3 to get the estimate points given?

by right, i have to also deduct the amount that will not be given as points right, such as season parking, etc based on the tnc.

i can't seem to get the points right, it's couple of hundreds of points difference.

iCuteCube

Master Member
Reaction score
Eh, want to check on the points calculation.

For local spend, it's 3 points per $5 right? So in general, if all items is local spend, i'll take the total sum / 5 * 3 to get the estimate points given?

by right, i have to also deduct the amount that will not be given as points right, such as season parking, etc based on the tnc.

i can't seem to get the points right, it's couple of hundreds of points difference.

The more precise calculation is every $1.67 spending you get 1 point, if you just multiply, its $5.01 for 3 points.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.