US netflix with vpn

Luffy Pirate King

Reaction score
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but please direct me if im posting in the wrong thread.

Recently i just bought a 4k tv, hence i wanted to subscribe to US netflix UHD, which means i needed a vpn. But then after much googling, notice that i need to set the vpn dns on my router, then only i can enjoy US netflix contents. But the downside is, my wifi speed will be terribly reduced. So hor, how ah? Can anyone advice mah? Want watch US content with VPN but dont want fibre speed to be affected.

Thanks thanks

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but please direct me if im posting in the wrong thread.

Recently i just bought a 4k tv, hence i wanted to subscribe to US netflix UHD, which means i needed a vpn. But then after much googling, notice that i need to set the vpn dns on my router, then only i can enjoy US netflix contents. But the downside is, my wifi speed will be terribly reduced. So hor, how ah? Can anyone advice mah? Want watch US content with VPN but dont want fibre speed to be affected.

Thanks thanks

Netflix now can detect some vpn or DNS routing services and will block.
Try out first become you sign up.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
use smart dns service then, those will not affect internet connectivity speeds (it's not wifi speeds that is being affected by VPN).

Kiasuman

Master Member
Reaction score
DNS doesn't work anymore (since a yr ago). They also say DNS doesn't reduce your netflix speed; it's does.

Best VPN that works is ExpressVPN. You'll have to use a router to set up VPN for all connections, or if your TV has VPN setup (doubtful).

Kiasuman

Master Member
Reaction score
not true, you just need to find one that still works.
I've tried all the major ones. Some can work on browser, some can work on Android. Not seen one that works for everything like how VPN does. Plus they're quite a bit slower too.

Savage1

Reaction score
D
Best VPN that works is ExpressVPN. You'll have to use a router to set up VPN for all connections, or if your TV has VPN setup (doubtful).

+1
I have ExpressVPN set up on my Asus router using their router firmware download.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I've tried all the major ones. Some can work on browser, some can work on Android. Not seen one that works for everything like how VPN does. Plus they're quite a bit slower too.

you just haven't tried the right one, doesn't mean there isn't any out there today. and smart DNS service is not slower in streaming than VPN, VPN is where there is a potential slow down in streaming speed, whereas for smart DNS streaming speed is not affected (i.e. dependent on your ISP only).

Kiasuman

Master Member
Reaction score
you just haven't tried the right one, doesn't mean there isn't any out there today. and smart DNS service is not slower in streaming than VPN, VPN is where there is a potential slow down in streaming speed, whereas for smart DNS streaming speed is not affected (i.e. dependent on your ISP only).
Possible to share what's the one that is working then?

I get it technically that DNS is faster than VPN, and while technically true (and advertised as such), they weren't remotely true in my use cases.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

moron+genius

Reaction score
working fine, configured via router, so works across all devices. no streaming speed issue, I regularly watch 4K HDR content on Netflix and Amazon.
Can share how 2 configure in router? Considering 2 get it if it works on Netflix & amazon. Currently haf amazon but most programs can’t watch. It’s says not available in my country..

forgecrew

Reaction score

Thanks thanks

I have been down this road and would suggest skipping router configuration totally! There is an easier way out!

If your only care is to watch US Netflix on TV, I would suggest using Unlocator. They have a 7 days trial and no router configuration is required. I have been using over a year now and works like a charm for me with no issues watching US Netflix.

If you are planning to watch content such as ESPN, VUDU, NBCSPORTS, EPIX.. then you will need VPN services.

I have subscribed to numerous VPN services over the past and the lesson learnt is that there is no perfect solution. It's also a constant cat and mouse game between content and vpn providers. So what works now might not later and you will have to find another VPN provider.

Currently, I am using Unlocator and another VPN provider so I am covered in terms of most of the US content I want to watch.

Give Unlocator a try and let me know how it works for you and the bros here!

Cheers! ;)

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have been down this road and would suggest skipping router configuration totally! There is an easier way out!

If your only care is to watch US Netflix on TV, I would suggest using Unlocator. They have a 7 days trial and no router configuration is required. I have been using over a year now and works like a charm for me with no issues watching US Netflix.

If you are planning to watch content such as ESPN, VUDU, NBCSPORTS, EPIX.. then you will need VPN services.

I have subscribed to numerous VPN services over the past and the lesson learnt is that there is no perfect solution. It's also a constant cat and mouse game between content and vpn providers. So what works now might not later and you will have to find another VPN provider.

Currently, I am using Unlocator and another VPN provider so I am covered in terms of most of the US content I want to watch.

Give Unlocator a try and let me know how it works for you and the bros here!

Cheers! ;)

really? you could very well be watching Netflix SG content all this while, as this is what Unlocator support said to me in May 2017.

To avoid our users getting blocked by Netflix we will automatically revert to your local region, regardless of the option that you select in the Region Changer.

If Netflix at one point will change their policy on we will let you know.

forgecrew

Reaction score
really? you could very well be watching Netflix SG content all this while, as this is what Unlocator support said to me in May 2017.

I have no way to do actual comparison of the listings side by side between SGP versus US contents. Had this US account even before Netflix services were available in Singapore.

Based on this links below, you can see that Abnormal Summit is available in US but not Singapore and the listings was last updated in Oct 2017.

https://www.finder.com/netflix-tv-shows

https://www.finder.com/sg/netflix-tv-shows

I am able to watch Abnormal Summit on my US account. (Assuming that this has not been added to Singapore Netflix yet.)

If anyone would like to know if there's a title available in US but not Sgp, I can do a search to verify based on my setup.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.