*** HWC OFFICIAL SHOW YOUR RIGs/Desktops thread ***

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how you put 6 fans on the radiator? :eek:

3 infront but your radiator on it :eek:

dun think u can put 6 fans given that A40 is a 240 rad. but it can have a total of 5 fans, 4x 120mm and another is the small fan on top of the cpu block itself :D

freakerknoid

Reaction score
My Hideaway corner

4fts05.jpg

OrangeShrimp

Reaction score
Not quite PCMR.

While i build brand new Ryzen and Threadripper PCs on a regular basis, my own system is a venerable Haswell rig.

Having a brand-new system is nice, but for me personally there is also a certain charm to buying 2nd-hand parts at bargain-basement prices and cranking them up to over level 9000 :s13:

Here is its latest update. The Xeon E3-1270v3 has been replaced by a i7-4770K (OC-ed to 4.4Ghz) bought on the cheap off Carousell. Added on is a Cryorig A40 AIO for the CPU, as well as an Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II for the GTX 1060 6GB (SGD $51 on Amazon)

KwG9uGz.jpg

Suggest you mount the 3 front fan to the back of the mounting holes, it's so close to the glass, I see also feel suffocated hahah. Give some space between the fans and glass to breathe.

You designed it as negative pressure right?
Theoretically, the 2 pull fans behind the rad is redundant.

Wataru

Master Member
Reaction score
Suggest you mount the 3 front fan to the back of the mounting holes, it's so close to the glass, I see also feel suffocated hahah. Give some space between the fans and glass to breathe.

You designed it as negative pressure right?
Theoretically, the 2 pull fans behind the rad is redundant.

Well, i did consider that but the TG5's weak point is that due to the front frame's design, RGB fans that are outer-ring-lit will look ugly if mounted behind the frame with the parts of the outer ring being blocked (The TG5's stock fans are center-lit)

I am currently sourcing around for some decent center-lit ones that can do decent rainbow patterns like these do but dont cost 1 arm + 1 leg. Wish me luck, if i do i might start distributing and offering them for sale :D

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally done my first build. :D
S74UoB9.jpg

wYNqOTx.jpg

9k9yllw.jpg

sLVJhXq.jpg
I have to salute you for being ballsy. First build go custom loop on an itx case some more though your specs don't really need water loop, but I guess it's fun building it ba. Hahaha.

Nonetheless, it's really nice and kudos to you.

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT

Shyn85

Reaction score
I have to salute you for being ballsy. First build go custom loop on an itx case some more though your specs don't really need water loop, but I guess it's fun building it ba. Hahaha.

Nonetheless, it's really nice and kudos to you.

Yeah bro, actually when my first plan is never plan for water cooling, but my wife keep on sabo me she like water cooling look... then...... u know la :s13:

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i am interested in getting just 1 stripe of white LED in my PC case

can recommend me where to buy? preferably can just connect to the mobo

icheb

Reaction score
Recently switched from Define S to Define R6. Because Tempered Glass.
oiwEiki.jpg

Final look of the build through the glass (Plastic film still attached)
sN00lJe.jpg

Whole Desk.
Monitor too wide. With my case on the right side, not enough space for my speakers to be standing upright...
9jcqCHc.jpg

Cable management is very easy with a lot of space behind the back panel and a lot of tie down points and cable ties.
VZiwyv8.jpg

Good things about the case, Define R6
wuV71z0.jpg

1. 11 3.5" HDD space. Includes 6 HDD trays. Will install more once I get black SATA Cables.
  2. Has a swing door opening at the front that has a 5.25" bay. Not used atm. Has support for 3x 120mm or 2x 140mm (included 2x white X2 GP-14s).
  3. Has a fan hub built in. Able to power 3*4 pin PWM fans and 5*3 pin case fans. Power is supplied by SATA connect, thank FD for not making it Molex.
  4. So many huge filters. One long filter that pulls out from the front at the bottom of the case. One for the front intake and one for the top.
  5. (Not pictured) Sound dampening pads on the top, back panel and front panel which helps reduce most of the noise the fan makes.
  6. (Not pictured) Very easy mounting system of the panels at the sides. Just clips in.. No screws on the side of the Tempered Glass panel. The top mod-vent 3.0 also pops out with a button. Very easy to put in top fans with removable fan mounting plate.

Small complaints about the case
trvjffF.jpg

1. HD Audio and USB 2.0 connectors has mustard cables at the end! Why Fractal Design? Why? Can always hide it with black tape though...
  2. Can't fit my GTX 1080 Ti with the Power Link at the back. Can fit without it. Small problem.

Overall, I find the case a huge upgrade from Define S due to more modularity, Tempered Glass, Power Supply Shroud and included Fan controller.

The included 3x X2 GP-14 fans push good amount of air and are very silent. Once the case is closed up, I can't hear any noise at idle and just barely audible while gaming. Overall, Fractal Design Define R6 is the most functional case in 2017.

Hopefully they'll come out with an updated Define C with the same panel mounting system as R6.

Congrats on your EVGA 1080ti! Loving mine so far!

ayuluv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys am currently using a 9-10 yrs old Lian Li full alu tower custom casing. Am considering changing a casing after seeing the offer for Silver stone RVX01.

May I know what casing will you guys suggest? Thanks (prefer with window at the side as my gf likes bling bling)

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Hi guys am currently using a 9-10 yrs old Lian Li full alu tower custom casing. Am considering changing a casing after seeing the offer for Silver stone RVX01.

May I know what casing will you guys suggest? Thanks (prefer with window at the side as my gf likes bling bling)

In Win 303.

unqiue fan mounts so if you put bling fans, you'll see it on the side.

20170622091256_41629.jpg

Congrats on your EVGA 1080ti! Loving mine so far!

I bought from Amazon during a sale, it was much cheaper than any SLS GTX 1080 Tis. and its really good. You enjoy yours too.

Last edited:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i am interested in getting just 1 stripe of white LED in my PC case

can recommend me where to buy? preferably can just connect to the mobo
Just 1 strip? Go carousell ba. Easier. Your mobo got 5050 led strip connector ma? Otherwise, you're better off with something like Deepcool RGB350

ayuluv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In Win 303.

unqiue fan mounts so if you put bling fans, you'll see it on the side.

20170622091256_41629.jpg

I bought from Amazon during a sale, it was much cheaper than any SLS GTX 1080 Tis. and its really good. You enjoy yours too.

thanks mate.. how does In win 303 compared to factual design as well as phantek?

And i am using a very old Dell Monitor U2713 if not wrong.

May I know what is a good dell monitor to get? they have too many models kinda confusing

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks mate.. how does In win 303 compared to factual design as well as phantek?

And i am using a very old Dell Monitor U2713 if not wrong.

May I know what is a good dell monitor to get? they have too many models kinda confusing
It's unique to as you can occupy 7 fans (3 bottom intake but will occupy one of the bottom pcie slot, 1 rear exhaust, 3 top exhaust) with airflow path from bottom to top as compared to FD or Phanteks typical layout of front intake, top and rear exhaust.

Airflow wise, FD got the best, followed by Inwin 303, followed by Phanteks (front too restrictive) but you won't notice much difference from day to day usage and if your rig specs ain't over the top end kind of setup.

Aesthetic wise, Inwin 303 got my heart. Get some nice rgb fans (cheap one from taobao, or local branded ones like Thermaltake Riing Plus or Corsair)

Monitor depends on budget. Dell S series not bad if you're on a budget. If you willing to splurge. Get back U series, 1440p or 4k. Otherwise, stick with current monitor. The one you have is still pretty good.

ayuluv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's unique to as you can occupy 7 fans (3 bottom intake but will occupy one of the bottom pcie slot, 1 rear exhaust, 3 top exhaust) with airflow path from bottom to top as compared to FD or Phanteks typical layout of front intake, top and rear exhaust.

Airflow wise, FD got the best, followed by Inwin 303, followed by Phanteks (front too restrictive) but you won't notice much difference from day to day usage and if your rig specs ain't over the top end kind of setup.

Aesthetic wise, Inwin 303 got my heart. Get some nice rgb fans (cheap one from taobao, or local branded ones like Thermaltake Riing Plus or Corsair)

Monitor depends on budget. Dell S series not bad if you're on a budget. If you willing to splurge. Get back U series, 1440p or 4k. Otherwise, stick with current monitor. The one you have is still pretty good.

Thanks alot mate :)

Let me check it out

I am looking at some U series and they are priced around 700-1000 sgd.

The models I had short listed are :

P3418HW : http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=sg&cs=sgdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-ANWM&redirect=1

S2718D : http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=sg&cs=sgdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-ALMK&redirect=1

U2717D: http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=sg&cs=sgdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-AHPB&redirect=1

U2716D : http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=sg&cs=sgdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-AGOU&redirect=1

U2718Q : http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=sg&cs=sgdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=210-AMUF&redirect=1

Some of them really do not see much difference aside for the one that is 4k

Do you have any insights for them? Thanks ya

Last edited:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why I suggest you don't change monitor haha.

27 inches QHD 60hz can still go a long way. Upgrading to 4k don't really see much improvement as 4k is more notably better in 30+ inches. But it depends how much of an enthusiast you are. I find 1080p perfect for 23-24 inches, 1440p perfect got 27-28 inches and 4k perfect for 32-34 inches.

ayuluv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why I suggest you don't change monitor haha.

27 inches QHD 60hz can still go a long way. Upgrading to 4k don't really see much improvement as 4k is more notably better in 30+ inches. But it depends how much of an enthusiast you are. I find 1080p perfect for 23-24 inches, 1440p perfect got 27-28 inches and 4k perfect for 32-34 inches.

Thanks mate :) Maybe i will just kiv monitor

for casing.. how will you fare for In Win 303, In Win 805, Factual Design R6 TG, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG? And if i would like to change to WC which one is good too? Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.