Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think you can look at it this way: while you could keep the money in the maxed out account, when you want to withdraw the accrued interest, your counter will drop back to 6. This is a lot more than a few cents.

Sent from HTC U11 using GAGT

I have 2 maxigain account, when 2 of my accounts hit 12, I will withdraw all the accrued interest with some of the balance in that 1 account then transfer to the other account with the counter = 12

Then do the swing every 6 months

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
I have 2 maxigain account, when 2 of my accounts hit 12, I will withdraw all the accrued interest with some of the balance in that 1 account then transfer to the other account with the counter = 12

sounds complicated.
what would be the benefit of doing it?

finalforce

Reaction score

Ya that sounds really complicated.

What if someone is using your method but already maxed out both? It's the same logic

Sent from HTC U11 using GAGT

SinkieBoi

Reaction score
Was told by the staff that theres no referral bonus for normal account opening and only for credit card referrals only. Anyone can confirm this?

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The waterway point branch is atrocious. The staff there kept pushing my family member to apply for credit cards, despite me insisting that I'm only there to apply for Citi Maxigain for my family member.

I've fedback this to Citibank already.

The Serangoon Garden Branch is much better.

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i agree with the saying the interest can go beyond 2%, so long as clock the 12 counters and sibor is more then 1%... it can even be 3% if sibor continues to rise

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i agree with the saying the interest can go beyond 2%, so long as clock the 12 counters and sibor is more then 1%... it can even be 3% if sibor continues to rise

By then Citibank may change the rules.

They have done that for the Step-Up Account more than 10 years ago. Interest rates were revised down.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The early birds had been enjoying 2+ % when sibor hits 1%.
Can't recall exactly when maxigain started, but it is certainly being offered by Citi in feb 2016.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the minimum amount to open/service this account is 15k?

Min $10k to open the account, that was the min when i open in 2016. not sure whether it was revised.

People put in $15k min ever since citi starts imposing monthly fall below fee for bal <$15k.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By then Citibank may change the rules.

They have done that for the Step-Up Account more than 10 years ago. Interest rates were revised down.

ikr... in fact the account is still available to open now. it's call "step-up account" or something like that. surprised to still see it around.

just hope this maxigain program won't change. anyway, rates are going up everywhere so I don't think they can afford to drop.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.