Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kssk88

Reaction score
Anyone know of any model or KII PRO T2 with Android proven working in Sgp ?

Thanks for any advice.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First of all, pls pardon my ignorance as I am quite a TV noob.

I just gotten a LG 55" TV (55UJ632T) and it comes with a Funke Home 2.0 indoor antenna that looks like this.
funke_home20_active_indoor_antenna_for_digital_tv_1478244200_1131d482.jpg

Is it necessary for me to install this antenna to my TV?
currently, I hook it up with just a coaxial antenna cable and is receiving signal fine.

once our TV signal goes full digital, can I still receive tv signal using the coaxial cable or do I need to use this Funke home antenna?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just gotten a LG 55" TV (55UJ632T) and it comes with a Funke Home 2.0 indoor antenna that looks like this.

funke_home20_active_indoor_antenna_for_digital_tv_1478244200_1131d482.jpg

currently, I hook it up with just a coaxial antenna cable and is receiving signal fine.

once our TV signal goes full digital, can I still receive tv signal using the coaxial cable or do I need to use this Funke home antenna?
You need to use the Funke antenna to receive digital HD channels, you're only receiving analogue SD channels now with your TV connected with the coaxial cable.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
You need to use the Funke antenna to receive digital HD channels, you're only receiving analogue SD channels now with your TV connected with the coaxial cable.

thanks for the quick respond!:)

but what I don't understand is those tv channels that broadcast in HD I still can watch in HD format with just the coaxial cable leh.

but those broadcast in analog looks terrible on my new TV thou. :o

or am I mixing up digital signal with HD broadcasting?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Some of 55UJ632T has DVB-C decoder, which allow you to watch free HD channels from Starhub.

If the channel 5, channel 8.. shown do not have the word "analog" on the screen, and the picture is HD, then you are watching the HD version from Starhub.

However, the signal from cable will be removed in about 2 years' time.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the quick respond!
:)

but what I don't understand is those tv channels that broadcast in HD I still can watch in HD format with just the coaxial cable leh.

but those broadcast in analog looks terrible on my new TV thou.
:o

or am I mixing up digital signal with HD broadcasting?
The mediacorp channels you have on your LG TV connected with coaxial cable, does it show the word ANALOGUE below the channel logo?

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Some of 55UJ632T has DVB-C decoder, which allow you to watch free HD channels from Starhub.

If the channel 5, channel 8.. shown do not have the word "analog" on the screen, and the picture is HD, then you are watching the HD version from Starhub.

However, the signal from cable will be removed in about 2 years' time.

how to tell mine come with this decoder?
and I don't sub to starhub or any form of cable tv. :o

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to tell mine come with this decoder?
and I don't sub to starhub or any form of cable tv. :o

As stated in the manual, only some of the sets have the decoder, but obviously your set is not one of them.

If the TV has dvb-c decoder, you will be able to see full hd singapore channels, without cable tv subscription.

caramon

Reaction score
As stated in the manual, only some of the sets have the decoder, but obviously your set is not one of them.

If the TV has dvb-c decoder, you will be able to see full hd singapore channels, without cable tv subscription.
I did a full scan and find the HD channel with dvb-c decoder. But all the HD channel carries the Analogue sign under the channel number, so not sure are these digital channels

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT

in.darkness

Reaction score
Hi can i ask if there is a way can recieve digital channels with my tv itself? (Samsung UA46F6400)
I have a scan channel option for digital channels but cant seem to find any sg channels. Would greatly appreciate any help :)

Or is an antenna a must to recieve digital channels?

caramon

Reaction score
Hi can i ask if there is a way can recieve digital channels with my tv itself? (Samsung UA46F6400)
I have a scan channel option for digital channels but cant seem to find any sg channels. Would greatly appreciate any help :)

Depending on your tv. If it support dvb-c, you can directly scan the digital channels via SCV point. If it support dvb-t2, then you just needs the antenna, otherwise, will require STB plus antenna.

Sent from Samsung SM-P355 using GAGT

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If I am not wrong, UA46F6400 has only DVB-T.

You might need to get a DVB-T2 set top box with antenna.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a LG 49uj632t. Which brand of digital antenna receiver should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.