[Giveaway] How will ASUS AiMesh benefit you?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Who thinks it's time for a giveaway from us? =:p

Just before CES 2018, ASUS announced AiMesh Whole-Home Wi-Fi for ASUS Routers. For those who don't know what that is - AiMesh is basically a free new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi system, offering users a powerful and flexible alternative to proprietary mesh systems.

With AiMesh, all routers can still use all their own features, as well as all the features of the other routers — with easy central control of all settings from the ASUS Router mobile app or ASUSWRT. So great features like AiProtection, QoS and Parental Controls work across the entire network, ensuring that no-one can bypass them by connecting to a different router. (Just remember to always connect your highest-specification router to your internet service) :s12:

aW68sFH.png

Read more about it here.

MODELS THAT SUPPORT AiMesh (In Singapore)
RT-AC88U Link
RT-AC86U Link
RT-AC68U Link

COMING SOON
ROG RAPTURE GT-AC5300
RT-AC5300

Now for the fun part, stand to win an ASUS RT-AC86U router from us! Here's how:

HOW TO WIN

Tell us your:
  • Internet plan
  • Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)
  • Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!

Contest period: 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018

We'll pick and announce the THREE lucky winners that will be walking away with the router at the end of the contest/giveaway. T&Cs apply.

Terms & Conditions:
1. Contest runs from 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018. Winners will be picked on 12/02/2018 and notified within the same week. In the event that the winner(s) fail to respond within 3 working days, ASUS SG reserves the right to select new winner(s).
2. Winners to collect prize at ASUS GLOBAL PTE LTD.
3. ASUS SG reserves the right to modify or cancel this Promotion, or change the Terms and Conditions for this Promotion at anytime without prior notice.
4. In event of dispute, the decision by ASUS SG is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.

Thank you,
ASUS Cheryl :)

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan

Singtel 500mbps fiber plan.

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)

Aztech 7003AC(j) (iirc :p) (singtel Default router and using for maybe 3~4 years?)

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!

It definitely cover most the corner of my house, since my current router is allocate at one of the corner of my house and this is due to my TP is near that area.

Next is that my mum would always as me why is the connection unstable while she is watching her drama on her smartphone at her bedroom. but I can't help her much since the wireless is on my current router is unable to reach her room due to many others wireless interference and the distance apart from it is consider quite far. :(

lastly at least from time to time if i were to be in my room i could use the asus router and while im near my kitchen or living room i could use my singtel default router. :o

hopefully I have this one ticket to the winner to win the router to improve my home wireless network. :o

Last edited:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan:

VQ 1gbps fiber

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do):

Asus NT-56U

i am having my NT-56U which has been running quite stable in my living hall for the past few years. but technology nowadays has built in wireless to all the devices and i am having difficulty to extend my wifi to every corner of my house. with AiMesh, i can get a few model of Asus router as recommended and maybe just 2 of it will be able to give best coverage to my 5 rooms flat..

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan

MyRepublic 1Gbps Fibre

Asus RT-AC88U!

As the Fibre TP is terminated at 1 corner of the house towards the entrance, the position of my router is unfortunately, quite limited to that area. It's always a chore to try to get Wi-Fi at some extreme corners of the house even though the RT-AC88U is already very powerful in terms of coverage, now I can effectively cover those blindspots and deadzones with the ASUS AiMesh by adding another ASUS router! Since I'm already using the RT-AC88U, I can now make use of the AiMesh by adding the new RT-AC86U to my existing network with just some simple configuration! I will now be able to extend my Wi-Fi coverage even further!

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Internet plan:
SingTel 1gbps fiber

Asus AC68

i am staying in older HDB of 140sqm and i do not have lan port done up.
my TP is ended at a corner of my house and i am currently using AC68.

As much as it is able to cover quite abit of coverage, my Master Bedroom which happens to be at the other far end of the house with 3 wall in between is only able to achieve max 10mbps on 2.4ghz using speedtest.

With aiMesh, it will surely be able to help me and obtain a full coverage of the house as i can play the other router at the midway point.

Last edited:

DenOOO

Reaction score
Internet plan
- Singtel Fibre 1Gbps.

- Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900.

- Homeplug failing, only giving me 1 bar in the bedrooms, loading 1 min video take 5 min buffering. This will hugely benefit as it will cover the entire house with pretty damn strong wireless connection.

terminater

Reaction score
Internet plan:

M1 1gbps fiber

Asus AC68U

I run my 68u in the living room, near my ont. My house is pretty old and does not have a lan point at the place with a bad wifi signal. AiMesh will be able to help me get a better signal and faster speeds in my house!

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tell us your:
Internet plan
>> VQ 2GB

>> Asus RT-AC87U

>> no idea, but I need a router change because the AC87u is a complete failure. dropped and intermittent wifi connections all the time. !

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
The N56U is a living legend :s13:

Keep the entries coming!

Internet plan:

VQ 1gbps fiber

Asus NT-56U

i am having my NT-56U which has been running quite stable in my living hall for the past few years. but technology nowadays has built in wireless to all the devices and i am having difficulty to extend my wifi to every corner of my house. with AiMesh, i can get a few model of Asus router as recommended and maybe just 2 of it will be able to give best coverage to my 5 rooms flat..

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The N56U is a living legend :s13:

Keep the entries coming!

yes....i am using it with Padavan firmware ( sorry for not using official firmware as i find it buggy :p )

the up time can be more than few months and never really need to reboot it :s13:

CptCaveman

Banned
Reaction score
Internet plan
MyRepublic 1Gb plan
MyRepublic Wi-Fi Halo
It will certainly help me cover all the blind spots in my house and I can confidently surf the net or play my online games anywhere I am, even if I'm in the toilet.

Heidel

Reaction score
Internet Plan

Currently with M1 300Mbps (Re-contracting in March 2018)

Current Router Model

3 days ago with Newer Linksys EA7500-AHv2

Tell us how you think the Asus AiMesh will benefit you.

My placement of modem & router are always placed at the corner of my study room due to the ONT location. The concept of any WIFI Mesh system for improves WIFI coverage is good but too expensive to own it. After viewing the Asus AiMesh video, it is very promising with another trendsetter in wireless networking that will offers us the seamless, solid wifi experience. Given an opportunity to own the AiMesh technology, why not?

zachmus

Reaction score
Internet Plan
-Currently with SH 500Mbps (Free Upgrading in progress)

Current Router Model
-Dlink 850L

Tell us how you think the Asus AiMesh will benefit you.
-The improvement in Wifi coverage by AiMesh would improve connectivity and coverage across the 'dead spots' / low signal corners. The speed improvement would also be a great benefit and allow better wifi performance across. Its roaming technology seamlessly connects automatically to the strongest wifi signal. :D

hq83

Master Member
Reaction score
Internet plan:
VQ 1gbps + ST 1gbps

Asus RT-AC68U

weak signal/dead spot at kitchen area as ASUS router is in living room.
When asus announced about AiMesh, was thinking to get another asus router in future to improve current coverage.

GeForce

Reaction score
Internet Plan:
StarHub 1Gbps

Current Router Model:
Asus AC5300

Benefits of ASUS AiMesh:

I think AiMesh supersedes the Wi-Fi mesh technology. This solution is able to provide consumers with the higher bandwidths that a full fledged router delivers while also increasing wireless coverage across an area, as opposed to using a wireless mesh system which compromises bandwidth and latency.
It also enables the user to utilise the various features they are currently using on their existing router. For instance, if a single router user wishes to upgrade their wireless coverage using a wireless mesh system, they may have to sacrifice some features due to the limited I/O ports and capabilities of a wifi mesh system. i.e being able to use USB storage devices(AiDisk) as a media server through the router.
Furthermore, existing routers are also incompatible with wireless mesh systems. Which means having to spend another large sum of money on a mesh system, without being able to utilise your old router, leaving it to collect dust 🙊.
Albeit it could be a more pricey option to have multiple routers(high-end models), I feel that this solution gives the consumer an additional option to push the boundaries of large coverage, high speed wireless networking while also enjoying the benefits of having the plethora of router features at their disposal.
Also a bonus for existing Asus router users, pairing/mixing it with another Asus router would be pretty flawless through the use of software. Having an additional router with this solution would only do good for the wireless ecosystem in any home or office.

jowy_ham

Reaction score
Internet plan:
SingTel 1gbps

Asus RT-AC3200U and Asus RT-AC68U (Wireless Bridge mode)

Running Asus RT-AC3200U as main router but wireless signal can't reach the masterbed room. I have also Asus RT-AC68U but it is setup as Wireless Bridge mode to provide wired connections to all my machines in my study room.

It will be good to have another Asus router so that I can configure it as AiMesh to provide wireless signal to the bedrooms.

Mine is an old 5rm flat without wired connections unlike modern flats that can convert telephone points to LAN points thus I rely solely on wireless.

Hope AiMesh can help to eliminate wireless dead spots.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Tell us your:
- M1 Fibre Broadband 1Gbps
- RT-AC88U + RT-AC68U (wired AP mode)
- I actually tried out AiMesh the other day with my two existing routers. Surprisingly, the WIFI speed became slower, compared to my current setup. Wondering if the AC68 is the bottleneck. Hoping that the AC86 might unleash what AiMesh can really do.

Project_Xco

Reaction score
Internet plan: M1 500Mbps Fibre
Current router model (Yes, any brand will do): Asus AC68U (two years!) and Asus N56U (four years!) combo.
To get the best, you need to mesh! So you can surf full of zest unlike the rest!

Last edited:

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@ Asus@SG, @ Cheryl

What's the T&C for this lucky draw?

Sent from No $$ No Honey, Nobody ❤ Me :( using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan: Starhub 500 Mbps Fibre
Current router model: Asus AC68U

Asus is my favorite brand. I have 1 laptop, 1 AIO, 1 mobile and 1 router in the house. All are from Asus.

After much research, AC68 is the best value router that I can find. This brand and model has the widest support from people all around the world.

I upgraded from N66 to AC68 a few months ago. The new router has never disappoint me. I have a Foscam camera and an external drive connected to it.

My router is good enough to serve every corner of my 4 room HDB flat. However some corners are experiencing lower speed. I would like to try out the Aimesh to further improve the speed at the furthest away corner of my house. If it is really good, I am going to recommend to all of my friends.

Aimesh is a cheap solution if you have older Asus routers or if you try to buy 2nd hand models that support Aimesh. Asus routers are easily traded in the 2nd hand marketplace because of the high supply.

Lastly, Aimesh is an environmentally friendly initiative because you can recycle the older routers instead of disposing them.

A snapshot of my old AC68 router which is up for more than 2 months already. Asus rocks!

9h2p3k.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.