Wireless IP Camera thread

skintigh

Reaction score
Got a Sineoji PT528V yesterday from the estore, Dean have it installed today. Great service and very satisfied overall.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am looking for a ceiling-mounted camera that is as low profile as possible and can pan. Something where the lens is in a half-cup rather than in a ball, like this:

arecont_vision_av3455dn_f_nl_av3455dn_f_microdome_h_264_ultra_1181306.jpg

Is/are there any such inverted flying saucer cameras that are recommended?

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am looking for a ceiling-mounted camera that is as low profile as possible and can pan. Something where the lens is in a half-cup rather than in a ball, like this:

arecont_vision_av3455dn_f_nl_av3455dn_f_microdome_h_264_ultra_1181306.jpg

Is/are there any such inverted flying saucer cameras that are recommended?

in-house or out door?

wingshya

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought a Sineoji PT 498V camera and had problem activating my email notification using gmail. had set the following already but still no receive any email from gmail. Will like to ask if the sender email same as Receiver1 email? Need to set at FTP side? Anyone can help? Thanks in advance.

Sender:xxx@gmail.com
SMTP serve:smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465
SSL: SSL

Alarm: Motion detect sensibility: 7
Go to preset position on alarm: 1
Send email: ON
Record when alarm: ON
Alarm clock for all 7 days: ALL ON

Dave27

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought a Sineoji PT 498V camera and had problem activating my email notification using gmail. had set the following already but still no receive any email from gmail. Will like to ask if the sender email same as Receiver1 email? Need to set at FTP side? Anyone can help? Thanks in advance.

Sender:xxx@gmail.com
SMTP serve:smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465
SSL: SSL

Alarm: Motion detect sensibility: 7
Go to preset position on alarm: 1
Send email: ON
Record when alarm: ON
Alarm clock for all 7 days: ALL ON

Sensitivity should set to 1, 7 is the least sensitive.

You will receive a notification from Gmail about allowing other devices to authenticate. So you ought to give permission to allow it, otherwise, the motion alert will not come through.

Select all the schedule from Mon to Sun 24 hours in the alarm schedule.

wingshya

Reaction score
Sensitivity should set to 1, 7 is the least sensitive.

You will receive a notification from Gmail about allowing other devices to authenticate. So you ought to give permission to allow it, otherwise, the motion alert will not come through.

Select all the schedule from Mon to Sun 24 hours in the alarm schedule.

I half tried but still cannot. Got anything to do to the FTP? My FTP now not default setting. How do i revert back to old setting?

sgnimo

Reaction score
what is the correct way to mount an ipcamera ? The bracket is screwed on the wall, the ip camera should be standing up on the bracket or be inverted ? referring to the sineoji PT528V

Tyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys. Sorry to trouble the experts here. Anyone tried to connect Vstarcam ipcam, C7824WIP with a Synology NAS DS214play? When i add camera using surveillance station 8.1, I am able to see the camera details (Ip address etc). However, when i click on the test connection, it failed.
Do I need to do something else?

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
can sineoji cam be shared to multiple devices?? meaning 2 - 3 fam member can view the live ip cam on the phone/pc anywhere.

My main worry is, lets say im oversea long term and the cam somehow got disconnected. will my 1 fam member at home be able to reconnect the ip cam so that i can view it again in oversea all the while?? thanks

Last edited:

AcEz874

Reaction score
can sineoji cam be shared to multiple devices?? meaning 2 - 3 fam member can view the live ip cam on the phone/pc anywhere.

My main worry is, lets say im oversea long term and the cam somehow got disconnected. will my 1 fam member at home be able to reconnect the ip cam so that i can view it again in oversea all the while?? thanks

I installed the PT528V and it can Set-up on 4 Smartphones (android/iPhone) also can use web interfaced version :) the cam won't be disconnected as long as your router and your cam didn't turn off, it's really a good iP Cam! very fast response time.

Phases

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which brand of nvr is reliable? Looking at one with 16 to 24 channel recording.

Phases

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hikvion lor.

or an OEM of hikvison:o

k. thanx.

Btw, i notice the model number of dahua on taobao is different from those on their website, there seems to be have local and international diff. Is this correct?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.