(Official Thread) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - August 27th - $24 Pre-Order!! - Part 2

Dorkable

Reaction score
Hi all, is it recommended that I buy the game on Steam and start a character on Tonberry/Typhon? Thank you for advice :D

kipperlos

Reaction score
Hi all, is it recommended that I buy the game on Steam and start a character on Tonberry/Typhon? Thank you for advice :D

IMO i think buying from Square Enix's website would be better, they have sales that occur way frequently than Steam. Also, if you bought the base game on steam and realize the DLCs on SE's website are on sale, I don't think you would be able to buy it on SE's website and link to your Steam account. There were also reviews on the FFXIV page on Steam talking about this issue. I got the complete set for $41 from SE and Steam was selling at $72.

Cheers!

Dorkable

Reaction score
IMO i think buying from Square Enix's website would be better, they have sales that occur way frequently than Steam. Also, if you bought the base game on steam and realize the DLCs on SE's website are on sale, I don't think you would be able to buy it on SE's website and link to your Steam account. There were also reviews on the FFXIV page on Steam talking about this issue. I got the complete set for $41 from SE and Steam was selling at $72.

Cheers!

Wow, good thing I asked! Thanks for the heads up! :D

HappyLee

Reaction score
im actually considering to try out the game, have a few questions hope that I can get some answers here.

Is this game pay-2-win like some MMO out there?
which server have the most SG or asian players, or rather which server give a better ping
How much is it to purchase the whole set of the game?

Thanks a lot in advance!

HappyLee

Reaction score
Just started on Typhon, I'm wondering is there any difference if I buy the game on NA site or EU site because EU site's having a 50% discount!

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when go to ff14 official wed. there is a language tab. when select english, how come i see SG flag sia.

HappyLee

Reaction score
I bought the wrong code as my SG account is under NA, so I emailed SE and they say they will refund me. nice customer service from SE

Austinlay_77

Reaction score
anyone starting in PS4 cos SG PS store is selling it this Feb 27th.. i have an account on pc and is there anyway i can play it on PS4 or must create a new account?

darkstrife88

Reaction score
anyone starting in PS4 cos SG PS store is selling it this Feb 27th.. i have an account on pc and is there anyway i can play it on PS4 or must create a new account?

You can use the same account you have on pc, it's linked, you just need to buy the game for ps4, and after that, one single subscription will let you play on pc and ps4.(not at the same time of course)

New Eden

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried this game on trial yesterday. Do you guys find that the combat system is slow and mechanical? I cant really get used to it to be honest. I heard that as you grow pass lvl 30 it gets better. Is that true?

I created a marauder.

Akashic_torment

Reaction score
end game is very fast paced, and requiring multitask, good knowledge of ur char skills, boss mechanics etc :D

try pugilist if ur looking for faster paced combat

xolatw

Reaction score
are most people playing on ps4 or pc? mainly a pc gamer but considering playing ps4 for this one

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.