Playstation 5

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
seriously. no one knows.

either you buy 1 now. enjoy all the games on it.

or you wait. speculate. for an unknown.

even if PS5 is out, will there be games? will there be backward compatibility? will it be expensive?
i think it's better to wait and see. PS5 will need to break away from standard gaming console. that is to focus more power on CPU. this gen's weakness is CPU, even with Xbox One X's teraflops, only Forza 7 and Witcher 3 can run at 4k 60fps.

if there is no exclusives on PS4 you wanna play, then jus get a PC.

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
I doubt the 2018 date. Late 2019 or early 2018 makes more sense. The PS4/pro are selling like crazy so there is no need to rush a replacement.

PS5 + a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel as a launch title in early 2020 for me :)

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decide only if the announcement of PS5 is officially out. Nothing wrong to get a ps4 now.

rudylili

Reaction score
"Or stick PS4 first Gen"
I guess you're looking for a cheap deal on PS4.
If that is so, I think u have answer your own question...
Get a cheap 1st Gen PS4 than. Because by the time PS5 release it will be the price of a PS4 Pro or slightly more perhaps.
Get a nice Limited edition 1st Gen PS4 console.
A Star Wars edition (Darth Vadar) looks cool!!!

Hi IS PS5 really coming soon? so wait for PS5 or stick with PS4 first Gen?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps5-release-date-price-games-news-rumours-specs-2993694

MyNameIsBob

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with the fellow bros here ... if you are a livid console gamer you will definitely wanna get a PS4 first & enjoy all the goodness that it brings before the next gen PS5 comes out ... a console is not like your handphone that you need to change yearly you know ... no need to chase so tightly ... i got my ps4 after it's been released for about a year & a half & i got no regrets ever since ... so many great titles i have played and enjoyed ...

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Go look at the list of PS4 games now and how can you not feel a tinge? Haha.

Not just the latest games like HZD, AC:O, etc

The old but great UC4, MGSV, TLOU, etc

They will keep you happy, excited, occupied and satisfied before PS5 comes.

If not now, then when?

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Or stick PS4 first Gen"
I guess you're looking for a cheap deal on PS4.
If that is so, I think u have answer your own question...
Get a cheap 1st Gen PS4 than. Because by the time PS5 release it will be the price of a PS4 Pro or slightly more perhaps.
Get a nice Limited edition 1st Gen PS4 console.
A Star Wars edition (Darth Vadar) looks cool!!!

1st gen got disc ejection problems... avoid if u can. I got my slim at 268 during 11.11 at lazada, so its not that expensive.

qwertified

Reaction score
The only reason they would want to rush out a more powerful PS5 is if xbox one x is selling like crazy, which it is not. Its apparently outselling PS4 pro but still a huge minority compared to even its own xbox 1 s, let alone ps4 slim.

We can only speculate but given history, from the time leaked specs of ps4 come out until the actual release date, is about 2 years. So, since we don't even have any specs info now that could shine some credible light on a PS5.... 2020 or later probably.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only reason they would want to rush out a more powerful PS5 is if xbox one x is selling like crazy, which it is not. Its apparently outselling PS4 pro but still a huge minority compared to even its own xbox 1 s, let alone ps4 slim.

We can only speculate but given history, from the time leaked specs of ps4 come out until the actual release date, is about 2 years. So, since we don't even have any specs info now that could shine some credible light on a PS5.... 2020 or later probably.

xbox one now cost 150 only in caraohell.. i hooted one as well... lol... playing forza horizon 3!!

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it will be released this year with all those ps4 line up coming mostly rumors one .

in 2 or 3 years time maybe when ps4 has fewer line up then i believe .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.