Sleep tracking

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Considering that the new Series 3 coupled with the updates OS does improve the batt life considerably .. sleep tracking is now worth considering. Been using my Misfit for years, and it’s simplicity and accuracy was smthing I gotten used to. Just to share my experiences with 2 popular apps on the AW S3.

Pillow (FOC)
Pros:
1. Simple interface and data. Am able to understand the basics (light/deep sleep with heart rates data)
2. Able to calculate accurately one’s actual sleep time BUT

Cons:
1. You need to click start on the iPhone when you get in bed. It’s a manual process.

AutoSleep (SGD4.48)
Pros:
1. Unlike Pillow, basically there is no need to click on anything. Just wear the watch and sleep. The software will automatically detect sleep.

Cons:
1. Interface bit confusing.
2. Tweaking needs to be done in order for accurate results.

Will continue to monitor AutoSleep. I think it’s prob the best app now, but it’s kinda complicated in terms of its tweaks. For example: I can’t seem to set a time period whereby the Watch is suppose to detect my sleep. Oddly yes, such a mundane setting I can’t seem to find or set since I normally sleep from 1-8am.

Reaction score
I'm using autosleep for more than 3 months now, pretty much no need to tweak anything.
I find very accurate, even able to detect if u take afternoon nap.

cloudwane

Reaction score
Using AutoSleep as well, in which previously I had Fitbit which automatically tracked sleep without any additional paid apps.

So far it’s not quite good, been using it for almost 1 month now.

But you’re right that the sleeping time cannot be adjusted past 12am as I do sleep after 12 too. However, it is still able to detect my sleeping hours if I slept at 1 or 2am

Boner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i prefer not to wear any tracker while sleeping... and the senser are not cheap

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Dunno why but i cant seem to Autosleep to limit the tracking period.
Yes, w/o a doubt its very accurate in terms of detecting sleep versus resting in bed.
Maybe i'm too used to the simplicity of my Misfit .. i cant get used to the charts in Autosleep.

lufu

Master Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Apple come up with a default built in app soon. That’s the only reason why I am still hesitant to give up FitBit for Apple Watch. Hopefully it’s built in for series 4

revogsx

Reaction score
sleep tracker works well since Series 1. you just need to install app like Autosleep or Pillow app.

Hopefully Apple come up with a default built in app soon. That’s the only reason why I am still hesitant to give up FitBit for Apple Watch. Hopefully it’s built in for series 4

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
downloaded autosleep yesterday. so far so good although takes some time to familiarize myself with the charts and data.

jtch74

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried Pillow and didn’t really like it as the iPhone has to be on. Unless there is a different between Free and Paid version.

I would prefer a sleep tracker using the watch only.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No use for sleep tracking now as have to wake up few times every night to feed baby. :s22:

revogsx

Reaction score
Start the pillow app from the watch itself. I am using the free version and it can track sleep. No need for iphone to be on.

Tried Pillow and didn’t really like it as the iPhone has to be on. Unless there is a different between Free and Paid version.

I would prefer a sleep tracker using the watch only.

tec_geek

Reaction score
tried pillow. it’s not bad, just that pop ip purchase is annoying.

for auto sleep app, need to purchase first, no free trial or whatsoever.

so which one better? want to buy either one..

I have been using Pillow. It isn’t that bad, plus there’s the alarm clock feature too, and the app can allow me to see how much time I’m in bed and calculating how much time that I’m actually asleep.

There’s also a soft music (like a lullaby) to fall asleep faster.

I have tried AutoSleep once or twice, but fall back to using Pillow.

And side track a little:
If you set an alarm on your iPhone via the stock Clock app, and wearing your watch to sleep, and when it’s time for the alarm to ring, the Apple Watch will vibrate, thus kind of waking you up physically.

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be interested to use aw4 when i buy for sleep tracking.
My concern, is the battery enough?
If i wear from 11plus in the night to 9pm when i get home from work?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.