Helped Friend to sign line for StarHub but he ran away.

toaddd

Reaction score
I was stupid last time to trust my Friend and I used my ic to help my Friend to sign a StarHub plan. He promised he would pay the bills. Until now could not contact him. The bill is $1600 plus and I refuse to pay. I received some debt collector letter to pay up and I ignored them. Will I get into trouble? Or can I just my ignore it?

billa13

Reaction score
gone case, once blacklisted, other will blacklist u also as they shared.
just like credit card and banks.

either u pay or live with the situation for the future.
if lucky, singtel m1 ask u for deposit, the most dont use starhub

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was stupid last time to trust my Friend and I used my ic to help my Friend to sign a StarHub plan. He promised he would pay the bills. Until now could not contact him. The bill is $1600 plus and I refuse to pay. I received some debt collector letter to pay up and I ignored them. Will I get into trouble? Or can I just my ignore it?

You wouldnt be able to sign for any starhub service in the future unless you pay all amount due with deposits (depending).
You might receive more letter from debt collector/lawyer which the fee will likely be added to the amount owed. And prepare to see them at your doorstep (depending).
And thats it. Blacklisted by them.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gone case, once blacklisted, other will blacklist u also as they shared.
just like credit card and banks.

either u pay or live with the situation for the future.
if lucky, singtel m1 ask u for deposit, the most dont use starhub

Nah. Telco blacklist doesnt affect credit ratings for banks. And telco had been in talks about having same blacklist but so far havent seen it being implement.

billa13

Reaction score
Nah. Telco blacklist doesnt affect credit ratings for banks. And telco had been in talks about having same blacklist but so far havent seen it being implement.

Lol
U infer wrongly
Telco work in group
Bank work in their group
I didn’t say telco and bank together

And blacklist/credit limit is subject to their own, but the mark is there, high chance of reject unless have deposit, risk assessment.
They share, but outcome derive from the provider assessment
Those who have blacklist, hear the terms or reject from taking up, is as good as same outcome

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well for once you can forget about having any services from Starhub or related companies.

Regarding to debt collector.
You need to have a talk and discussion with the debt collector.
It is too late to discuss anything with Starhub as they have already passed it to debt collector.

In past experience with debt collector, they can help you to discuss the way you want to settle.
They earn on commission of the returns.
Don't forget they may get into your way.. that is if your company come to know about it.
Do understand the company policy matter on finance problem.
It is finance matter and not going to get down to your details on this.

Meantime do pay in time to other Telco & ISP & other Companies to avoid them finding out and come into conclusion.
The conclusion is that you are having "money problem", period.
As stated in T&C they can terminate and demand full payment within a short period.
This may affect other companies too.

Your amount may be quite a big sum as in 1K.
Experienced for small amount which Telco do not bother.
Debt paid and Telco happy to have you as a customer.

You may have to made a police report to protect yourself from further unknown problems.
Your so-call Friend may use the mobile number for others such as scam, etc.
Do talk to the Police IO on how to protect yourself further.
Police IO once said: "The mobile number under your name is your responsible. Any complaints arising from this mobile number you have to bear the full force of the law."

Do take action now else you will have a bigger problem coming...

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol
U infer wrongly
Telco work in group
Bank work in their group

And blacklist/credit limit is subject to their own, but the mark is there, high chance of reject unless have deposit, risk assessment.
Those who have blacklist, hear the terms or reject from taking up, is as good as same outcome

Banks definitely is based on credit ratings. But telco? Still able to see people blacklisted by 1 telco signing with another.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A single existing customer have no effect.

Creditors by law have to check on potential customer financial background.
If they forgo it is their own fault.

Once a creditor start to take drastic action, file for bankruptcy.
The debtor name will be highlighted in major newspaper once or twice a month.
Even Court do has the debtor name.

This is where banks, finance, and all companies keep a lookout.
The name list is then compare to their customers database.

The debtor headache start...

Lol
U infer wrongly
Telco work in group
Bank work in their group

toaddd

Reaction score
Thanks guys. So I am able to ignore them and just get blacklisted. I can don’t use StarHub anyway so I am fine with that. But won’t go to court right?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So I am able to ignore them and just get blacklisted. I can don’t use StarHub anyway so I am fine with that. But won’t go to court right?

as much as i empathise your situation, you still gotta put a stop to the issue by arranging a plan with starhub.

If you gotta just sit and wait, you gotta prepare to live in fear for the rest of your life. One day starhub might issue a court letter and you might just gotta pay more money than now.

thats all outsiders can say, its up to you or not to take action.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
PSA against Fast Cash Line Sign up scams

Read this on mothership
https://mothership.sg/2018/01/mobile-phone-telco-plan-scam/

And decided to do some cover investigation on Carousell. There are loads of such scammers there offering fast cash for mobile line sign ups. The catch? Read on to find out more. It is wrong on many ethical / legal / moral levels.

Here’s one of my conversations with one such scammer I was talking to.

Note: 22 is not my actual age.
Note 2: we will ban any users who conduct such scam acts on our forums.

migYsyK.jpg

EjuPbOV.jpg

lsgGUzl.jpg

snaintO.jpg

YkYnt3r.jpg

Last edited:

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
I know of many people who chose to ignore. Most if not all of these people have issues in their lives and struggled financially. Learn to man up and be responsible for your mistake.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is just the same as been a grantor for a bank loan. Think more then twice before doing it.

whimsywhimsy

Reaction score

you are stupid last time, don't give yourself chance to be stupid again, just appeal for leniency and pay up and move on unless you are planning to leave the country like some other kid that shall not be named.

Jetaime98

Reaction score
Just a quentions i receive a lawyee letter what if i still ignore it ?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a quentions i receive a lawyee letter what if i still ignore it ?
Lawyer do their part actively.
They can proceed all the way to file for bankruptcy if they want to.
Your debt will multiply as interest + lawyer fees inclusive.
They can go after your employer, but may not able to touch your pay, more for hr to know your situation.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depend on the amount and creditor.
Mine is 20k which after less than a year amt was double.
Bank interest & lawyer fees multiply.
The bank n lawyer decide enough of chasing so proceed for bankruptcy.
Demand my company to deduct n pay to them 100% of my salary.
But did not proceed as i found out they cannot take direct from salary.
So they go after my salary bank.
In short, they finally did take all salary from bank.
Went to Court to fight but at least took back most and Judge told lawyer not to do this method as like not approved.
Creditor bank procced to bankruptcy.

Another case where i default on one Telco but amt abt 300 small.
Nothing happened for years.
Finally paid for to get a line from them.

My history is more than this.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.