[Giveaway] How will ASUS AiMesh benefit you?

joej

Reaction score
AiMesh Contest

Tell us your:

Internet plan :
M1 1GBps Bandwidth

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)
Using Asus AC68U, Asus AC66U and Cisco AC1700 Router

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you :

Right now due to blind spots in my wifi coverage, I am much in need of a Mesh system. I am using 3 routers (1 as gateway and 2 as APs) using unsightly cables and handover is not smooth due to the routers and APs not being able to integrate and communicate with each other. With this AiMesh, I will keep the AC68U and probably get another Asus router in addition to the router I am going to receive from ASUS. All the cables and wifi handover headaches would finally be gone!

AdrianChiong

Reaction score
ASUS AiMesh benefit for RP-AC68U

Hi ASUS@SG,

I would like to ask will there be a firmware upgrade for the Wireless AC1900 repeater to include the ASUS AiMesh benefit..?

Fronsac

Reaction score
Internet plan
Starhub 500mbps

Ubiquiti EdgeRouter POE as router and Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router Pro as AP

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!
Living in a rented house means the possibility of no ethernet cable access. Having a mesh system would means being able to improve the internet connectivity by extending the reach. The current mesh system is often low on speed unless the backbone is ethernet based which is not hard in rented home.

w_logan

Reaction score
Internet plan
Singtel 1Gbps

ASUS RT-AC5300

I bought the ASUS RT-AC5300 at the point when it was released. A few months later, Mesh devices became a hit. I was wondering why powerful routers are unable to work as a mesh network and then ASUS actually came up with AiMesh.

The ASUS RT-5300 provides very good connectivity speed but it is unable to cover my whole 4 rm HDB unit. I have tried a Wifi Extender but gave it away within a month. With the extender, my handphone does not actually switches around the network seamlessly. The handphone stays connected to the main router despite the weaker signal which will be solved by a Mesh network or AiMesh.

I like the idea of a mesh network from what I read but it would be such a waste to be 'throw' away the ASUS RT-AC5300 or just using it as a gateway to a Mesh network. Which it why I like the idea of AiMesh, it is a solution which allows me to retain my ASUS RT-AC5300 and also to set up a mesh network for my house.

It is good that ASUS is the 1st consumer network equipment provider to come up with the AiMesh feature. It shows that it has its current customers devices in mind.

TruenoAe86

Reaction score
Internet plan:
MyRepublic 1Gbps Fibre

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do):
ASUS RT-AC68U

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!:
I have read many reviews on mesh WiFi technology however I have yet the chance to try this new technology. Coming from an existing ASUS user, I believe ASUS AiMesh can definitely makes an entry point for me to try it out.
Furthermore, my existing model is compatible. Cheers.

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan: StarHub 1 GP plan

Current router model : ASUS RT-AC1300UHP

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you:
I can configure my home wifi network in a mesh configuration with my own router selection,
customizable router positioning and easier administrative configuration.

It even allows for future expansion and upgrading works based on my own economy of scale:
balancing my home usage needs, my budget and also my passion for ultimate wifie coverage & stability!

With AiMesh, home wifi network is now scalable, customizable & economical!

leeclw

Reaction score
Internet plan: Singtel 1gbps
Current router model: RT88U
My home has a lot of corners and rooms and AIMesh will ensure bandwidth and coverage are strong through the home! It will also save me money by using my existing router!

Hello everyone!

Who thinks it's time for a giveaway from us? =:p

Just before CES 2018, ASUS announced AiMesh Whole-Home Wi-Fi for ASUS Routers. For those who don't know what that is - AiMesh is basically a free new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi system, offering users a powerful and flexible alternative to proprietary mesh systems.

With AiMesh, all routers can still use all their own features, as well as all the features of the other routers — with easy central control of all settings from the ASUS Router mobile app or ASUSWRT. So great features like AiProtection, QoS and Parental Controls work across the entire network, ensuring that no-one can bypass them by connecting to a different router. (Just remember to always connect your highest-specification router to your internet service) :s12:

aW68sFH.png

Read more about it here.

MODELS THAT SUPPORT AiMesh (In Singapore)
RT-AC88U Link
RT-AC86U Link
RT-AC68U Link

COMING SOON
ROG RAPTURE GT-AC5300
RT-AC5300

Now for the fun part, stand to win an ASUS RT-AC86U router from us! Here's how:

HOW TO WIN

Tell us your:
  • Internet plan
  • Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)
  • Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!

Contest period: 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018

We'll pick and announce the THREE lucky winners that will be walking away with the router at the end of the contest/giveaway. T&Cs apply.

Terms & Conditions:
1. Contest runs from 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018. Winners will be picked on 12/02/2018 and notified within the same week. In the event that the winner(s) fail to respond within 3 working days, ASUS SG reserves the right to select new winner(s).
2. Winners to collect prize at ASUS GLOBAL PTE LTD.
3. ASUS SG reserves the right to modify or cancel this Promotion, or change the Terms and Conditions for this Promotion at anytime without prior notice.
4. In event of dispute, the decision by ASUS SG is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.

Thank you,
ASUS Cheryl :)

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
Internet plan

M1 Fibre Broadband 1Gbps

Current router model

Asus RT-AC1200G+

I have a few old Asus router being unused. If AiMesh can allow them to be used, I can improve my home Wifi coverage too. Alot of blindspots in my HDB flat because its 2-storey and have alot of walls.

wilsontan

Reaction score
1. Internet plan: 1Gbps
2. Current router model: ASUS RT AC88U
3. Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you
Currently I can only connect 2.4GHz in my bedrooms which is also used by my Home Automation devices. Want to have wider coverage of 5GHz band for my bedrooms and kitchen.

songbo89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan: Singtel 1Gbps
Current router model: RT-AC68U
Currently using homeplug to cover the blindspots at the extreme corners of the house. With ASUS AiMesh, I can add on the new RT-AC86U to my existing home network and extend the Wi-Fi coverage with multiple SSIDs for different users, and I can retire the old homeplugs ! :s13:

Stevensan

Reaction score
Internet plan: M1
Current router model: AC88U
Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!: I have dead spot in the bedroom that is furthest away from the router (I think due to the huge mirrors) and there're a number of devices in the bedroom that would work better with wired connection. The AiMesh would allow me to link up my AC88U with a cheap AC68U router to enhance the network at home and eliminate the dead spot entirely.

npoheng

Reaction score
Internet plan
Starhub 1gbps fibre plan

Asus Ac68U + Dlink Dir 868.

I am running two wifi networks at home as my main router signal is very weak at my master bedroom location. I have tried homeplug but the speed is too slow and thus i opted to lay a physical cable to my bedroom and setup another router there. By having the AiMesh, i know that i can enjoy the benefits of strong wifi signal everywhere at my home and most importantly, no need to switch wifi network manually from router A to router B.

tootpop

Reaction score
Tell us your:
Internet plan: My current plan is Starhub 1Gbps Fibre broadband

Current router model : Dlink DIR-850L
Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you:
Living in a 2 storey mansionette, our router is situated at the entrance, leaving little or nil wifi coverage upstairs. We have no choice but to resort to a wifi repeater. To make things worse, we are a huge family of 8 with multiple laptops and mobile phones which are all strangling the limited bandwith available. Therefore, we are paying so much monthly for a fibre broadband but can only deliver "dial-up" internet speeds, negatively affecting everyone's internet experience. With the ASUS AiMesh, it can definitely fix my whole family's internet woes and can finally use our internet plan to its maximum capacity. Fingers crossed!!!

leekc586

Reaction score
Internet plan
M1 1gbps

Current router model
Asus RT-AC88U

ASUS AiMesh will benefit me by giving more stable and reliable wifi connection without any interruptions or disconnections so I can watch/stream high resolution videos and play online games smoothly. My current router has weak wifi coverage in some corners of my house and even at short distances to rooms the signal is not very good. I hope by using Asus AiMesh it can help to utilise the advanced technical features together and combine with my current router to greatly improve and enhance the WiFi connection throughout my entire house so I can get the best configuration and performance from the compatible routers and have a more productive experience.

Brian.wee

Reaction score
Internet plan singtel 1gbps

Current router model
Dir-865l

ASUS AiMesh will benefit me by allowing me to have a second router in my house where signal is weak in one room and mesh it with my upcoming rt88u so that I don't need to switch between routers

Leion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan: SingTel 1GB
Current router model (Yes, any brand will do): Asus RT-AC88U
Just upgraded to RT-AC88U, however the coverage could not reach the furtherest corner of my 5 room flat. AiMesh feature came as an upgrade to the RT-AC88U router after I got it. It will definitely help to extend the wifi coverage with only one point of configuration. With this, I can move my NAS away from my internet point and hide it the storeroom to declutter the living room :)

jamessoan

Reaction score
Tell us your:

Internet plan :
M1 1GBps

Using dlink DIR-850 and tplink home plug extender

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you :

due to blind spots in my wifi coverage, I am in need of a Mesh system. I had to manually switch between wifi hotspots in the house. Please let me win. :)

Thor

Reaction score
Internet plan:
M1 Fibre Broadband 300Mbps

Current router model:
ASUS RT-AC68U

My current router ASUS RT-AC68U has a good coverage of my house, however there is a few area where the signal strength is slightly weak. That result into slow and lagging network which is annoying. To run a physical lan cable to the area is unsightly and messy, and connecting thru ethernet homeplug adapter reduces network speed.
The AiMesh will definitely able to benefit my family in giving us the full ASUS network experience without the sacrifice of network speed and undesired cable laying or renovation.

Last edited:

Forumite

Reaction score
Internet plan[/B]
StarHub 1 Gbps fibre

ASUS AC68U

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMeshwill benefit you!
The fibre termination point is situated in an odd place within the hdb unit. As a result, it is difficult for the signal to reach interior rooms. I have tried various models of router but they fail to utilize the 1Gbps bandwidth as they provide weaker wifi signal in corner.
A mesh network may help to eliminate this by strategically positioning the router(s) and allow the wifi signal reach the dead zones or corners.

Yuweng

Reaction score
Internet plan
M1 Fibre Broadband 1GB

Current router model
ASUS RT-AC565

My current router ASUS RT-AC565 has a good coverage of my house, however there is a few area where the signal strength is slightly weak. That result into slow and lagging network which is annoying. To run a physical lan cable to the area is unsightly and messy, and connecting thru ethernet wall plug adapter reduces network speed.
The AiMesh will definitely able to benefit my family in giving us the full ASUS network experience without the sacrifice of network speed and undesired cable laying or renovation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.