[Giveaway] How will ASUS AiMesh benefit you?

iMadness

Reaction score
Internet plan: M1 1Gbps fiber plan

Current router model : ASUS RT-AC87U

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you:
My fiber point is right next to the door entrance thus my ASUS router has to be place near it. This results in the other end of my flat with low signal coverage. With a new ASUS AiMesh compatible router, it will solve this issue. What’s better is that, I will get no more dead spots and can be sure that I will not get signal drop off when moving around my flat! No more speed compromised as well!!

Can’t wait to win one and tell my friends how good it is compared to other mesh solutions in the market so far! LOL !!

Hello everyone!

Who thinks it's time for a giveaway from us? =:p

Just before CES 2018, ASUS announced AiMesh Whole-Home Wi-Fi for ASUS Routers. For those who don't know what that is - AiMesh is basically a free new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi system, offering users a powerful and flexible alternative to proprietary mesh systems.

With AiMesh, all routers can still use all their own features, as well as all the features of the other routers — with easy central control of all settings from the ASUS Router mobile app or ASUSWRT. So great features like AiProtection, QoS and Parental Controls work across the entire network, ensuring that no-one can bypass them by connecting to a different router. (Just remember to always connect your highest-specification router to your internet service) :s12:

aW68sFH.png

Read more about it here.

MODELS THAT SUPPORT AiMesh (In Singapore)
RT-AC88U Link
RT-AC86U Link
RT-AC68U Link

COMING SOON
ROG RAPTURE GT-AC5300
RT-AC5300

Now for the fun part, stand to win an ASUS RT-AC86U router from us! Here's how:

HOW TO WIN

Tell us your:
  • Internet plan
  • Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)
  • Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!

Contest period: 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018

We'll pick and announce the THREE lucky winners that will be walking away with the router at the end of the contest/giveaway. T&Cs apply.

Terms & Conditions:
1. Contest runs from 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018. Winners will be picked on 12/02/2018 and notified within the same week. In the event that the winner(s) fail to respond within 3 working days, ASUS SG reserves the right to select new winner(s).
2. Winners to collect prize at ASUS GLOBAL PTE LTD.
3. ASUS SG reserves the right to modify or cancel this Promotion, or change the Terms and Conditions for this Promotion at anytime without prior notice.
4. In event of dispute, the decision by ASUS SG is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.

Thank you,
ASUS Cheryl :)

hanliang

Reaction score
Internet plan
Singtel 1gbps

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)
Asus gt-ac5300

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!
Form must come with function, the gt-ac5300 have it's very unique form and it's powerful functions too. But it lacks expandability, it would only be a standalone router and not communicating with the router as it lack mesh functions . Asus went the other way compared to the other brands by incorporating mesh function to existing product rather than forcing people to buy new sets and not utilising the old router. I think it is a very smart move and would pull in more new users. For this case , and a a a

pepsi76

Reaction score
Internet plan: M1 1Gbps

Current router model: RT-AC88U

Currently very happy with RT-AC88U except for 2 spots in the 4 room HDB unit, likely due to the walls in between. We can see wifi signal strength dropping 80%.

With new ASUS AiMesh, this would definitely provision for a wider coverage with better performance than rival's solution. Given the ability to link up with several Asus routers, we can add on more to the ASUS AiMesh in future when needed.

We hope to win the RT-AC86U to link up and start using ASUS AiMesh right away! Thank you!

boonjet

Reaction score
Internet plan:
M1 1 gbps fiber

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do):

Asus RT-AC68U

My love story with Asus started when I am using RT-N66U (Codename Black Knight). Back then It was the best performance, however it is also the most expensive router in the market. Ever since I knew my future routers got to be an Asus. I have trusted the company products and upgraded to an Asus RT-AC68U. Reception became a major problem when I moved to a new flat with many concrete wall leading yo my bedroom. It is like a maze. Wifi signal suffered. At times, the internet connection dropped. Making things worse, the M1 cellular reception is poor as well, feeling is like surfing on old school 56kps dialup modem, due to the new HDB area. I am overjoyed when I know that I can continue using my beloved RT-AC68U with the new Asus models. I need Asus AiMesh badly. Please help us. (boonjet@yahoo.com.sg)

jonathan24304

Reaction score
Internet Plan: M1 1GBPS

Current router: Asus RT-AC86U

Since I fit one of the model as stated for AiMesh I hope I could receive another router to serve me better in connection speed and kill the dead spot where I usually need wifi so I believe this Asus AiMesh would benefit me.

contact me via: Jonathan 24304 @ gmail.com

lingcw

Reaction score
Internet plan

M1 1Gb Fibre

Asus RT-AC68U

My router is position right at 1 corner of the whole house due to the fibre point being there. So I get no signal at the other end of the house, the kitchen. One end of the master bedroom also get very weak signal.
Hopefully , the AiMesh by Asus will give me better coverage and seamless hands off.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Internet plan
- M1 Fibre 1Gbps.

- Asus RT-AC88U.

- With the router at the living room, it seems impossible to get a solid and stable WiFi connection at my brother's room which is further beyond the kitchen. Absolutely love my current router for its design cue and the raw speed it can provide for my desktop in the living room, I just couldn't bare to change it to other mesh systems. Now with this Asus AiMesh, I do not have to replace my current router but instead just have to purchase an extra eligible router, mesh them up together and viola, I would have a mesh network up and still able to retain my powerful Asus RT-AC88U.

Last edited:

Noclaf

Reaction score
Internet plan
MyRepublic 1Gbps

ASUS NT-56

My current Router is placed in the Living room as that's where the Fibre ONT is located.
It's Wireless signal could not reach all 3 of my bedrooms, and I have to use a Wireless Repeaters which its really the best option and I still have dead spots here and there. Thus, looking forward to using ASUS AiMesh to provide full coverage for my house.

sigh

Reaction score
Internet plan: M1 1Gbps fiber plan

Current router model: ASUS RT-AC88U

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you:

I'm using the the RT-AC88U as the main router with an old router running as a repeater. While the 2.4Ghz range is good, bandwidth is bad as it suffers from a lot of neighbouring interference. The 5Ghz range is weak/useless once I am in a separate room.

Since I don't want to use different SSIDs, handover between router and repeaters is not smooth. It still cling on to the repeater even when I move closer to the router and vice versa. Often I have to disable/enable the wireless on my client to force my client to switch to a stronger signal.

AiMesh will solve all the above with smooth handover and better bandwidth. Management is also easier with Central unifed management compared to having to login to each router individually.

Instead of getting a buying a new Mesh system like Google Wifi or Linksys Velop or Netgear Orbi, I can just get an existing Asus router to addon to my RT-AC88U. - Lower Cost.

I can still use the existing features like Link Aggregation, AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer and Game Boost in the RT-AC88U or similar Asus Routers. - Better Features.

Mostly, I don't have to learn a new Product User Interface since I am already know the Asus interface, features and functionality. Easy, Familiar Interface.

kezhanchong

Reaction score
Internet plan:

Starhub 1 Gbps Fibre Broadband

Linksys Max-Stream EA7500 AC1900+ wireless router

Having 1 router at home nowadays does not cover every corner of the house, leading to frustrations regarding network coverage. With the AiMesh, we are able to add routers at different corners of our home to increase network coverage, and also have the flexibility to add different router models to our existing one to create a AiMesh that suit our needs. We are also able to create a seperate SSiD to seperate visitors and owners.

bengbeng

Reaction score
Internet plan:

Singtel unlimited fibre

Asus AC-87U

Have been using AC-87U for the past 3 years, not much of an issue. connection is stable. But there is one thing, when i am using the toilet, signal is weak and disconnect intermittently. Thus with AiMesh, i hope it can solve my problem.

elninoreds

Reaction score
Internet plan
StarHub 1 Gbps fibre

ASUS AC88U + D-LINK DIR868L

A mesh network will help to eliminate the dead zones in my home when I pair my existing Asus Router with another new one.

UchiihaMadaraa

Reaction score
Singtel 1gbps fibre

Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900.

I believe that ASUS products can be better than anyone of the other brands as it’s wifi covers a big area in most houses, and it will confirm benefits in my gaming experience since i’m using a ASUS gaming series desktop and i love gaming. I HAVE ALWAYS SUPPORT ASUS COMPUTERS.

kaldorii

Reaction score
Internet plan
MyRepublic 1GBPS

Asus RT-N56U

Wanted to extend coverage in my home but didn't want to waste my existing router. Different SSID would be pretty cool as the kids wont have signal to use in their room if their devices is tied to the outside router :s13:

chuachong413

Reaction score
Internet plan
- Singtel 1Gbps Fibre

- Aztech DSL7002GRV(S)

I can add a new access point to my home, also eliminating WIFI dead zones and it can fufill the potential of the 1Gbps speed.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet Plan
Starhub 1Gbps Fibre Broadband

Current Router Model
Asus RT-N66U, Asus RT-AC68U, Asus RT-AC86U

Even though I have upgraded to the RT-AC86U, I can still use the older RT-AC68U with the AiMesh. Thus I dont have to think how it will benefit me but I know it will benefit me if I had one more router as currently there is one more spot in the house that could do with better coverage that AiMesh would cover.

soczer

Reaction score
ASUS RT-AC86U

Internet plan

M1 1Gb Fibre

Asus RT-N56U

Asus RT-N56U is serving me well, giving good coverage to my current house. I will be shifting to my new home and having internet at home is a must. I will definitely choose ASUS router for my new home to provide reliable network. Having this ASUS RT-AC86U will boost the speed, high performance networking and wifi system for my new home.

ducan021

Reaction score
[*]Internet plan
Singtel 1gbps
[*]Current router model
Asus rt ac68u
[*]Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!
Asus ai mesh will benefit me as there are many dead spots in the house. Having the ai mesh in the dead spot will create a wireless hot spot in the house.i have tried different ways to get whole house to get internet connection but is unable to do so. Using a mesh system can create 2 access points with the same ssid, rather than my current idea of 2 asus router with 2 ssid. Well since i do have the ac 68u, it can added to the ac 86u for the ai mesh.

Last edited:

wanthemesh

Reaction score
Internet plan
Starhub HomeHub 1000 Plan

DLink DIR868 AC1750

My better-half often questions my intelligence in setting up Starhub wifi, where I perpetually search for the balance 900 of the subscribed 1000. Hopefully by outsourcing my non-existing intelligence to AiMesh, should appease my other-half :)

Already feel like a human intruding upon a Klingon eating ritual, when entering my son's study room (ahem....Halo enthusiast in conjunction with Star Trek perpetually stuck in Netflix re-runs, taking an aircraft carrier to an air battle (??), with no amount of logic would convince otherwise !!).....hopefully, AiMesh with working backbone and self-healing would assist me regain some aspect of bandwidth to do my work

Ahhh......my other half and her penchant for world shattering american serials on Netflix/amazon prime/yada yada (are we living under the dome? would you run away with your/my/neighbor's best friend with no gender bias? are we frequented by ghosts? and the questions go on and on and on and on....).....hopefully AiMesh extreme wifi performance can put an end to such questions with zero buffer time to load the serials and save me!!

I already need a passport to move between hall and bedrooms and AiMesh roaming technology would help me to find my missing stairs and garden in the house (errrmmm.....i live in a 5 room hdb for godsake)....get the hint and give me a private house with garden and staircase to use AiMesh......facepalm!!!!

typeric

Reaction score
Internet plan:

VQ 1 Gbps Fiber

Asus AC68U

My 68u is in the living room. My house is quite longish and WiFi signal never able to reach my rooms. I currently hv to use a WiFi extender but the throughput is always bad. And the laptop & mobile WiFi of my family never gets the correct SSID at the correct place. Always need to manually choise. AiMesh is a godsend to solve all my above problems.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.