London->Paris->Rome help

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

What is the best way to travel from Paris to Rome? Seems like rail takes too long, will flight be better?

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just went paris -> Rome last year by rail. If you just want to go Rome then it’s better to fly. I went with rail Paris -> Milan -> Florence -> Venice -> Rome. Then a night train from Rome to Paris.

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just went paris -> Rome last year by rail. If you just want to go Rome then it’s better to fly. I went with rail Paris -> Milan -> Florence -> Venice -> Rome. Then a night train from Rome to Paris.
Thanks!

I'm exploring my 15 days itinerary now and wondering how many days for each city.

I'm interested to know how long did you spend in total for Milan, Florence, Venice and Rome?

haha thanks again!

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm exploring my 15 days itinerary now and wondering how many days for each city.

I'm interested to know how long did you spend in total for Milan, Florence, Venice and Rome?

haha thanks again!

We spent 1 day in Milan, 2 days in Florence, 1 day in Venice and 2 days in Rome. It’s actually more than enough. We are able to visit all the tourist stuff in all the cities. The cities are actually all very small.

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations where to stay in Paris?

I will probably be arriving on train from London and leaving Paris from CDG. Are the trains in Paris luggage friendly? I kinda remember it wasn't so much so cos some stations had only stairs..

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations where to stay in Paris?

I will probably be arriving on train from London and leaving Paris from CDG. Are the trains in Paris luggage friendly? I kinda remember it wasn't so much so cos some stations had only stairs..

We stayed near champ de elysee. You can stay anywhere in northern part of Paris and it will be fine. All the tourist attractions are around there. Only tourist place in the south is the Versailles and it’s too far down south you have to use transport anyway.

Yes it’s not too luggage friendly. We put everything in backpacks though and traveled pretty light. The stairs are not that long though so unless you are carrying tons of luggage it should be fine.

apeape

Reaction score

Wow I'm doing this in Autumn 2019, except I'm adding Nice and Marseille into the list. How much did it cost for your rail? I remember it being expensive just from London to Paris before.

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so much good info! thanks and keep it coming! haha

Is the London Pass worth the money? I see that alot of the Museums are free entry then why do we need the London pass?

Does the pass give priority entry to the museums?

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow I'm doing this in Autumn 2019, except I'm adding Nice and Marseille into the list. How much did it cost for your rail? I remember it being expensive just from London to Paris before.
how many days are you going? Sounds like an awesome adventure haha

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you book early it’s a lot cheaper. For eg the sleeper train back from Rome, we got it for around 150 dollars per person for 2, in a 2 person cabin with private shower, about 100 dollars per person cheaper than plane.

apeape

Reaction score
If you book early it’s a lot cheaper. For eg the sleeper train back from Rome, we got it for around 150 dollars per person for 2, in a 2 person cabin with private shower, about 100 dollars per person cheaper than plane.

:s31: I paid the same price for economy seats from St Pancras to Paris! you master! what websites did you use? I used the Loco one last time

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s31: I paid the same price for economy seats from St Pancras to Paris! you master! what websites did you use? I used the Loco one last time

Just used raileurope. But when I booked it was when they just launched the 2 person a room product so had some promotion going as well.

droozy

Master Member
Reaction score
Ahh how did u book sleeper train? I din find it so i book normal day train sigh

hellosgporean

Reaction score
Just like any accoms, read the reviews. I stayed at a airbnb in Paris and the host was very nice & the place was safe.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.