Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

riiya86

Reaction score
very happy, my ah lao approved my proposal for end year holiday to japan again! as we are going with kids, i am going to go nagoya this time for legoland.. i am traveling in mid Nov, i know i kiasu but can advise me if this itinerary is doable in terms of accessibility?

Day 1 (Thurs) - reach Chubu airport - Osu Kannon temple and shopping streets - Oasis 21 <staying near Nagoya station>
Day 2 (Fri) - Legoland - Rail Museum (if have time) - then anything special for night??
Day 3 (Sat) - Nagoya Castle? - Leave for Tokyo (aim to reach Tokyo by 12pm) - Ikebukuro - Shinjuku - Nakano broadway - Shibuya
Day 4 (Sun) - Asakusa (sensoji) - Ueno (ameyoko) - Akihabara (Ueno Zoo worth going?)
Day 5 (Mon) - Lake Kawaguchiko day trip (can??) - Ropeway...
Day 6 (Tues) - Disney Sea
Day 7 (Wed) - Yokohama Chinatown-Cup noodles museum - Ramen museum
Day 8 (Thurs) - Odaiba - Tokyo Skytree
Day 9 - Home sweet home

Thanks! Btw mid Nov does not have any autumn foliage yet right?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be spending time in tokyo first before heading to osaka and then flying back to sg.

Can I know if I need to get JR pass?

Not really sure what it is...I only know I need to get shinkansen pass to get to osaka from tokyo.

I didn't get the JR Pass - we just bought 1-way tickets from Tokyo to Osaka - damage around S$350 for 2 pax

apeape

Reaction score
Is it wise to hire a driver a bring you around Tokyo area ?

Some agencies quote me their (believe to be Malaysian/Taiwanese) offer me their package like bring you these area for 11000 yen for 11hrs and also tour guide ...

don't really think it's wise as it is easy to travel around Tokyo. I just came back from my maiden trip and it is definitely the most easiest country to travel.

apeape

Reaction score
very happy, my ah lao approved my proposal for end year holiday to japan again! as we are going with kids, i am going to go nagoya this time for legoland.. i am traveling in mid Nov, i know i kiasu but can advise me if this itinerary is doable in terms of accessibility?

Day 1 (Thurs) - reach Chubu airport - Osu Kannon temple and shopping streets - Oasis 21 <staying near Nagoya station>
Day 2 (Fri) - Legoland - Rail Museum (if have time) - then anything special for night??
Day 3 (Sat) - Nagoya Castle? - Leave for Tokyo (aim to reach Tokyo by 12pm) - Ikebukuro - Shinjuku - Nakano broadway - Shibuya
Day 4 (Sun) - Asakusa (sensoji) - Ueno (ameyoko) - Akihabara (Ueno Zoo worth going?)
Day 9 - Home sweet home

I'm already tired liao looking at your itinerary lol, but different folks, different strokes :). It does sound fun though!

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Day 9 - Home sweet home

Tokyo Skytree is within acceptable walking distance from Sensoji in Asakusa. FYI.

Palaxius

Reaction score
Travelling to Hokkaido on May 23 to June 2. Hakodate--Noboribetsu--Furano--Sapporo, 2-2-2-4.

Any recommendations on ryokans in Noboribetsu?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on ryokans in Noboribetsu?
My vote in noboribetsu goes to Dai Ichi Takimotokan because of the amazing onsen. It's got 7 different water types. And the best part is that both the indoor and outdoor men's onsens overlook the main jigokudani valley so the view is superb, you can literally stand up and expose yourself to all the tourists walking there if you wanted.

But on the negative side it is a very big place, so a lot of it feels a bit "resort hotel" like, so it's probably not so suitable if you're looking for a more intimate feel.

Palaxius

Reaction score
My vote in noboribetsu goes to Dai Ichi Takimotokan because of the amazing onsen. It's got 7 different water types. And the best part is that both the indoor and outdoor men's onsens overlook the main jigokudani valley so the view is superb, you can literally stand up and expose yourself to all the tourists walking there if you wanted.

But on the negative side it is a very big place, so a lot of it feels a bit "resort hotel" like, so it's probably not so suitable if you're looking for a more intimate feel.

I like it to be more private...

VacheronLim

Reaction score
Am planning 2 x day trips to Kyoto (from Osaka)

Day 1
Kinkakuji + Arashiyama Bambo Grove

Day 2
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Kiyomizudera + Higashiyama District
Nishiki Market

Questions
- Is Day 1 too "empty" as I ready Kinkakuji within 1-2 hrs can complete? And I'm not sure how long the Bambo Grove will take, although there seem to be quite a lot of temples in Arashiyama area which I'm not exactly keen on given that I'm already planning to visit 3 of them in Kyoto
- Any must try food in Kyoto region? Apart from the standard Ramen, Sushi etc (wouldn't mind trying if they have really good ramen & sushi though!). Most of my research introduce Obanzai, Nishin Soba, Matcha Dessert etc

apeape

Reaction score
thanks! btw are the shops near sensoji closed late? maybe i will go there in the evening as i wish to check out Skytree for night viewing..

Closed early. I wanted to go to Asakusa Kagetsudo bakery. Google Maps states closed at 7. I came at 6, all of the shops are closed, except for Naritaya.

fool2401

Reaction score
Hi guys, im heading to japan during may period,will it be rainy there? how cold is it? about 8th of may flying.

Also, i'm planning to go to hokane to do the hokane round course and stay a night there, any idea how to split it up or a sample itinerary that i can follow and edit? Based on my research, it seems i need to go half and then back track then go the other half the next day.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, im heading to japan during may period,will it be rainy there? how cold is it? about 8th of may flying.

Also, i'm planning to go to hokane to do the hokane round course and stay a night there, any idea how to split it up or a sample itinerary that i can follow and edit? Based on my research, it seems i need to go half and then back track then go the other half the next day.

the round course only need half day, so will end by afternoon unless you start late or trek at the moto-hakone trail. the next day can visit other attractions in hakone. look up japan guide.

Hellooo

Suspended
Reaction score
first time going to Japan in April 2018 with 2 kids (3 years old and 1 year old with stroller) and 3 adults (including me). anyone went Japan before can give some recommendations for places and comments for the below itinerary ? thanks

is it advisable to buy the 14 days JR pass or the 7 days JR pass when travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto and Kyoto to Tokyo?

monday
SIN to HND - arrives at 4PM
HND to Airbnb (stay near Meguro station for 5 nights)
evening time will explore around there for dinner

tuesday
Meguro to Harajuku station
-Shinjuku Gyoen, Yoyogi park, Meiji shrine
evening time will be Shibuya

wednesday
Meguro to Shinbashi station
-Tsukiji fish market
-Tokyo tower
evening time will be Ginza

thursday
Meguro to Asakusa station
-Sensoji temple, Nakamise and Kappabashi shopping street

friday
Lake Kawaguchiko

saturday
check-out at 10am and go to Kyoto via bullet train and stay at Gion Ryokan Q-beh for 5 nights
evening time will go Fushimi Inari Shrine

sunday
Gion-Shijo station to Nara park

monday
Gion-shijo station to Arashiyama
-monkey park, bamboo groove
-Kinkakuji temple

tuesday
Osaka
-Kuromon market
-Tenjinbashisuji Shopping Street
-Namba city mall

wednesday
Gion-Shijo station to ikeda-shi cup noodle museum
Shinsaibashi suji shopping , Dotonbori

thursday
check-out at 10am and go back to Tokyo (stay at Hiyori Hotel Maihama for 3 nights)
evening will explore around hotel for dinner

friday
Disneyland

saturday
Ghibli museum

sunday
check-out at 10am and explore around hotel and go to HND (flight to SIN at 5PM)

caniggia

Reaction score
Hi I would like to know how to get to Shin Osaka from kansai airport? Only by haruka line which is 50 min ride? Im going tokyo the next day from shin osaka via shinkasen.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Having some problem finding accommodation in Kyoto in mid April. Most hotels are already fully booked and rates have also sky rocketed. Think its because of demand more than supply.

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saturday
Ghibli museum

sunday
check-out at 10am and explore around hotel and go to HND (flight to SIN at 5PM)

what is your intended enterance time on sat for your ghibli tix?

Last edited:

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I would like to know how to get to Shin Osaka from kansai airport? Only by haruka line which is 50 min ride? Im going tokyo the next day from shin osaka via shinkasen.

Haruka line under JR.

Next alternative is nankai train to namba, transfer to osaka municipal train on midosuji line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.