Asus Aimesh allows some existing user to create mesh.

Apex

Reaction score
Thanks, spent a few hours to setup the mesh. Is this true mesh? Seems like transferring from router to router, there is disconnection. I tried with WhatsApp call and got disconnected

Unfortunately this is how wifi works. When you moved from one ap to another ap It will drop for a few seconds.

Unlike 4g calls can transfer call from one radio tower to the next tower without call drop

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This firmware is working better for me 3.0.0.4.384_20287

I am using pure wireless because the ethernet cable is spoilt.

5 ghz repeating is holding up even after 1 days 12 hours 3 minute(s) 18 seconds.

i used to only get half an hr on ai mesh on the 10007 firmware.

Still cannot access then gui cause i would be redirected away if i did that. still cannot assign a static ip on the second aimesh ap.

Link speed with door closed is 150Mbps at -57 dpi at the furthest point away from the second aimesh point

Someone on the 88 thread mentioned that you can assign the ip by mac id manually

Apex

Reaction score
Recently took my old rt68 and update the firmware ton support mesh and i. Was quite happy with the mesh performance. My iPhone and iPad switch over transparent without nothing any connect issue.

Had not try it on video/audio call yet. For surfing and messaging is good enough

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MAC ID of router lah...

Eh ok

I just tried to copy the Mac id from the detected AiMesh node in the network map of the main router

Copied and pasted to the DHCP static list all

Seems good I can assign a fixed ip and the mesh does not disappear like in the 10007 firmware.

But it still directs me to the main router.asus.com/Main_Login.asp URL when I try to key in the fixed ip gui

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh ok

I just tried to copy the Mac id from the detected AiMesh node in the network map of the main router

Copied and pasted to the DHCP static list all

Seems good I can assign a fixed ip and the mesh does not disappear like in the 10007 firmware.

But it still directs me to the main router.asus.com/Main_Login.asp URL when I try to key in the fixed ip gui

In its current implementation, you can't access individual nodes. It's the same for my AiMesh at home. Even for mesh devices like Lyra, Velop or Orbi, you can't access individuals nodes anyway.

Last edited:

Quest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share for those who wants to get a cheap second hand AC68U, I have just bought a Certified refurbished AC1900 (which is ac68u) from amazon us, costed $49+11 shipping, so about SGD80. Its condition is as good as brand new, and comes with 90 days warranty, and shipping took just 1 week. It does come with a TC Mobile logo, which I see as the only downside to this awesome deal.

It then takes 1-3 hrs of following online guide to convert from AC1900 firmware to AC68U, depends on your tech saviness. Steps are in the amazon items questions, it is a popular process US buyers are doing, so plenty of googles hits on it.

After 2hrs, I got it converted into a proper ASUS AC68U. Now it is happily connected to my AC88U as a AiMesh node.

Amazon price can fluctuate a bit based on whether the seller has stock, probably due to this AiMesh news, stock has been running low, although they are restocking.

I just gotten 2 AC1900 from amazon...managed to flash both last nite.... Going to try the mesh feature later

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

milanmania2004

Reaction score
I also took the same route , tm ac 1900 successful flashed to ac68u using cfe 1.0.2.0 eu.
Now running as a mesh node connect to ac3100 router.

Took a hard time to connect the node to router, finally resolved after disabled mac filtering. It just won't connect when filtering is on even is in the accept list.

So far has been running strong no disconnect issue, and previous blind spot is seeing 2bars now.

Sent from RIM Z30 using GAGT

Last edited:

osmond19

Reaction score
I also took the same route , tm ac 1900 successful flashed to ac68u using cfe 1.0.2.0 eu.

Took a hard time to connect the node to router, finally resolved after disabled mac filtering. It just won't connect when filtering is on even is in the accept list.

So far has been running strong no disconnect issue, and previous blind spot is seeing 2bars now.

After flashing to AC68U, are you able to update to the latest firmware from Asus SG website?

milanmania2004

Reaction score
Having trouble too, there's bug with the fw20187 according to the changelog on Asus website.
I scp the latest fw20308 to the router then mtd-write2 the firmware in SSH.
Reboot then new fw is online.

Sent from ZUK Z2121 using GAGT

Last edited:

Quest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i flash mine to cfe 1.0.2.5, now running aimesh wif wireless strength "fair" :s12:

osmond19

Reaction score

Do you have the link to download the needed firmware and steps? what is the different between cfe eu or us?

osmond19

Reaction score
Which cfe to use that comes with Aimesh by default without the need to modify the cfe?

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Hi guys need some help if possible! Gotten 2 of the TM AC1900 from Amazon as suggested and followed instructions and gotten them successfully flashed to AC68 firmware. Both are also upgraded to Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384_20308 from Asus website. However for some reason i'm not successful in getting either router to be detected in AI mesh, even after rotating them around to test as master/slave. Any suggestions?

milanmania2004

Reaction score
Few questions I can think of to troubleshoot.

Is aimesh icon shown up on network map page?
Which version CFE been flashed?
Did you clear nvram both units and setup router on one unit and the other unit remain factory reset?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

Last edited:

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Few questions I can think of to troubleshoot.

Is aimesh icon shown up on network map page?
Which version CFE been flashed?
Did you clear nvram both units and setup router on one unit and the other unit remain factory reset?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

AiMesh icon avail for both and one set up in slave as per instructions from ASUS - press n hold reset button while powering on and power light blinking. NVME reset done by pressing WPS button and holding while powering on as well.

Cfe version is 1.0.2.0 US

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.