The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

rinni

Reaction score
If you bought the lenses for 300 purely then you saved quite abit.. to check the engraving.. https://i.imgur.com/V4cqIKJ.jpg

Look at where the light is focus on, you should see some faint engraving...

oh, you mean i wasn’t chopped? since i saw people who paid $280, so i thought i was like partially chopped haha

Mr Brown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found local optician Crizal prevencia @119sgd and Hoya hilux @154sgd would they be a better bargain?

Actually what’s the difference between hoya hilux nulux stellify etc? The same optician is offering Hoya stellfiy at 84 but it’s Hoya’s most basic lens right?

I only know Hilux is the high end tier :x

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hilux and nulux is same, just used for different purposes. High tier is the coating which is the hvll coating aka high visio Long life. Compared to their old hvp coating.

I only know Hilux is the high end tier :x

Last edited:

dominicwor2

Master Member
Reaction score
excited to collect my specs tomorrow from gangsterkia's shop, pretty well worth the trip all the way down there.

was fortunate to do a random walk-in and had him attended to me. must say it was the best experience for me so far while getting specs prescribed as previously I changed mine annually and has been shop hopping around everytime w/o returning to same shop thereafter as service was so-so nia :(

Hidy Ho

Reaction score
excited to collect my specs tomorrow from gangsterkia's shop, pretty well worth the trip all the way down there.

was fortunate to do a random walk-in and had him attended to me. must say it was the best experience for me so far while getting specs prescribed as previously I changed mine annually and has been shop hopping around everytime w/o returning to same shop thereafter as service was so-so nia :(

What is the name of the shop and location?

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking for harry potter kind of frame, what brand is good for it if budget 200-300 for the frame only

dominicwor2

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the name of the shop and location?

Eyewear optics at thomson plaza.
I'm in no way affiliated to them in anyway, and it was after i paid then we both realized we were from edmw.

But good CS locally nowadays hard to find already, must sarpork if really have the effort.

For me, lenses and frames is whole island mark up gao gao liao, but if that's the case where i have to let them earn, I'll at least find a place where they deserve to earn them, just my 2 cents.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm I have some pictures here, See if any catches your eye.
qQxrNVo.jpg

gCbwb5z.jpg

Not from my workplace though, will just recommend you there if there's any you like!
Otherwise go other look for Marius morel, acoustic line... more Budget friendly metal Harry Potter style frames!

looking for harry potter kind of frame, what brand is good for it if budget 200-300 for the frame only

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I have some pictures here, See if any catches your eye.
qQxrNVo.jpg

gCbwb5z.jpg

Not from my workplace though, will just recommend you there if there's any you like!
Otherwise go other look for Marius morel, acoustic line... more Budget friendly metal Harry Potter style frames!

thanks for the image up load, how much is the price range for those

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoya has 3 tier of lenses. The most expensive being the one with hvll coating, followed by stellify with hvp coating and finally Pentax with their INC coating. Pentax is the more Budget one, stellify is affordable and what I am using now.
However I have another frame which is using the hvll coating and an anti fatigue lens.

Also as I always mentioned, I am not a sensitive to clarity vision kind of person so between hvll and hvp I have no preference. Even the index 1.55 and 1.6 which usually have slight difference in abbé value also doesn't affect me. But of course probably my degree also 300 not that bad..

i mean if Crizal and Hoya both having the same addon feature...

same degree, same thickness, everything same...

Hoya very expensive?

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoya has 3 tier of lenses. The most expensive being the one with hvll coating, followed by stellify with hvp coating and finally Pentax with their INC coating. Pentax is the more Budget one, stellify is affordable and what I am using now.
However I have another frame which is using the hvll coating and an anti fatigue lens.

Also as I always mentioned, I am not a sensitive to clarity vision kind of person so between hvll and hvp I have no preference. Even the index 1.55 and 1.6 which usually have slight difference in abbé value also doesn't affect me. But of course probably my degree also 300 not that bad..

can the optic shop check what type of Hoya lens that we using as it is make from another shop?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope.. unless they give you the lens authenticity card or if they never, you can always request from then anytime if you go back. Some places give while others give when customer request!

can the optic shop check what type of Hoya lens that we using as it is make from another shop?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope.. unless they give you the lens authenticity card or if they never, you can always request from then anytime if you go back. Some places give while others give when customer request!
That means they collect so many cards that even if lenses is no brand one they can fake it as branded one by give u a card?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.