Anyone know what does pes b4 do?

Dinosim

Reaction score
you mean u didn't want to drop PES?

i want to but they only let me know im able to 1month before my pop. so at that point of time I was contemplating whether to drop in bmt or unit. But the unit im in now is giving me headache.. Currently they treat the statuses and downgraded personel like ****, playing with bookout timing which is really unfair because they made us help the company in another way but still stripping us of privileges.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i want to but they only let me know im able to 1month before my pop. so at that point of time I was contemplating whether to drop in bmt or unit. But the unit im in now is giving me headache.. Currently they treat the statuses and downgraded personel like ****, playing with bookout timing which is really unfair because they made us help the company in another way but still stripping us of privileges.
You mean can choose whether to drop your PES 1 meh (besides not seeing the MO).

Welcome to National Service?

ManchesterFC

Master Member
Reaction score
Frankly speaking , For Pes B4 , you more or less will do the same thing as your Pes A/B1 counterpart. As long as you’re pes b and above you’re consider combat fit. What vocation you’re in right now ? Best is to get a excuse letter from the MO to avoid those strenuous activity so as not to aggravate your injury.

Alright I'll check with them. It's stressing me because I know my injury will definitely worsen with the strenuous activity. On their side it just feels like they just want to retain their manpower no matter what and skip the paperwork

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Frankly speaking , For Pes B4 , you more or less will do the same thing as your Pes A/B1 counterpart. As long as you’re pes b and above you’re consider combat fit. What vocation you’re in right now ? Best is to get a excuse letter from the MO to avoid those strenuous activity so as not to aggravate your injury.
combat service support is combat fit?

AngelBurst

Reaction score
By saying “still got” you are implying that you Surprised it’s still around.

Singlish lessons 101... "still got" can also mean "even got"

That sentence can be interpreted in 2 ways.

"still got B4" = last time have, now still have. >> Implying surprised that what existed previously is still around.

OR

wow, got A, got B1, got B2, still got B4. ("got B4 some more") >> this is the way he meant it. Implying surprise that the list of items is even longer than expected.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singlish lessons 101... "still got" can also mean "even got"

That sentence can be interpreted in 2 ways.

"still got B4" = last time have, now still have. >> Implying surprised that what existed previously is still around.

OR

wow, got A, got B1, got B2, still got B4. ("got B4 some more") >> this is the way he meant it. Implying surprise that the list of items is even longer than expected.

LOL. Ok. I buy it.

ManchesterFC

Master Member
Reaction score
One of my former colleague whom was a storeman posted to a Guards camp end up doing guard duties over the course of his unit life. His fellow storeman whom are pes c2 and below wasn’t asked to do guard duty, while people like him (he’s pes b2) have to do guard duties ,the given reason by the encik was pes b and above are rifle trained and combat fit for such stuff.

combat service support is combat fit?

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of my former colleague whom was a storeman posted to a Guards camp end up doing guard duties over the course of his unit life. His fellow storeman whom are pes c2 and below wasn’t asked to do guard duty, while people like him (he’s pes b2) have to do guard duties ,the given reason by the encik was pes b and above are rifle trained and combat fit for such stuff.
Guard duties can be in many forms leh

Dinosim

Reaction score

If so there is no point in downing pes, what's the point of introducing this new pes as well, might as well classify us under b1 all along. Heard b4 was the old c9. I'm in sir.You see, b4 is excuse ippt which involve running. And i was told to be performing the same activities with others in outfield such as carrying heavy load, are there gonna be no running in outfield. I've knee injury and carrying heavy load itself will definitely worsen it. Long distance walking is another problem as well.

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If so there is no point in downing pes, what's the point of introducing this new pes as well, might as well classify us under b1 all along. Heard b4 was the old c9. I'm in sir.You see, b4 is excuse ippt which involve running. And i was told to be performing the same activities with others in outfield such as carrying heavy load, are there gonna be no running in outfield. I've knee injury and carrying heavy load itself will definitely worsen it. Long distance walking is another problem as well.

If you feel that you have not sufficiently recovered from your injury and need more time to do so, and that these activities directly affect your recovery, then inform your MO about these issues.

You could get a Temp downgrade or specific excuses to exclude you from these activities.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i doubt B4 is the old C9 given that C9 still exist.

There is definitely a point in down pesing and there’s definitely a point in introducing new PES. But their point may not be what you would like.

Anyway what the person u quoted say, may not be entirely accurate. Like I said, check with your MO whether what your commanders are asking you to do is applicable to your PES. If the MO say it is, then u LLST.

mickey88

Master Member
Reaction score
I don’t think you understand what’s the meaning of “still”. But nvm

Lol..my meaning of still hv meant it does not exist during my time that implies my surprise that pes b got so many banding whereas u interpret it as it is been around.

Just different individual interpreting

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol..my meaning of still hv meant it does not exist during my time that implies my surprise that pes b got so many banding whereas u interpret it as it is been around.

Just different individual interpreting

AngelBurst singlish 101 is indeed useful in telling me you are using singlish

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That Encik talk co.ck. Not train in armed can be trained since their PES allow them to do so. Even not armed trained, still can use shield and baton for guard duties.

lilweezy

Reaction score
in terms of training?

Typically, you are PES B4 cos of your BMI being too high. You will be able to
go for arms training but you are no different from a PES C. You’re unable to go ANY combat units. Its a dumb thing ah, you can shoot and ****, but not go combat unit cos BMI. You can try up pes, but BMI must 25 range

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go for arms training but you are no different from a PES C. You’re unable to go ANY combat units. Its a dumb thing ah, you can shoot and ****, but not go combat unit cos BMI. You can try up pes, but BMI must 25 range
roger ok and?

japhwf

Reaction score

I have a feeling you are mistaking B4 for BP, which is the "obese enlistee" PES. And some PES BP guys do end up in combat roles after BMT.

B2, 3, and 4 are roughly what C1 used to be. SAF/MINDEF probably decided to separate the different relevant medical conditions for C1 into several tiers and also up their status to B from C because:

1. Singapore is having NSF manpower shortage due to low birth rates so a larger percentage of enlistees probably needs to be classified into more combat-related roles (the PES A and B groupings), and

2. If you ask around and look at your C1 friends, most of the conditions that qualifies one for C1 were not that severe to start with. While some degree of impact on their combat fitness is definitely there, the conditions are not even close to being so bad that they become completely unable to hold frontline (i.e. chiong sua) positions (else they would be in C9, E or even discharged under PES F), especially with the more effective and lighter weight gear and weapons today.

Nowadays even PES E personnel are trained in (very) basic weapon handling during their BMT, let alone those with far less severe conditions.

As for PES Cx personnel not being able to go to any combat units, I wouldn't be so sure. Cannot go to many of the combat vocations, sure. But posting to a combat unit has little to do with whether a soldier is combat fit or not (where did you think that PES E9 ASA in the chiong sua unit came from?).

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.