Buying a laptop from Amazon US

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I noticed it is like 30% cheaper to buy a laptop(Acer Aspire 1) from Amazon US including shipping charges than to buy the same laptop in Singapore. I am wondering if the delivery is going to be smooth and if there is anything to be worried about.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I bought laptop from USA amazon using ratex. It's delivery was good, think it took abt 2 wks to arrive.

Only thing to worry is lack of warranty...

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the Acer Chromebook for US$99 free shipping during cyber monday. No problems.

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only thing to worry is lack of warranty...
Lack of warranty coverage in Singapore. There's still warranty coverage in the United States.

It depends on the brand, though. Some laptops have international warranties, such as Apple's. Just check the T&Cs carefully.

sg_investor

Reaction score
Nowadays computer lasts 1 year then die.
Warranty doesnt worth much.
Buy in us is noticeably cheaper.

Lack of warranty coverage in Singapore. There's still warranty coverage in the United States.

It depends on the brand, though. Some laptops have international warranties, such as Apple's. Just check the T&Cs carefully.

sagiluck

Reaction score
I also tempted to get .... dell inspiron 15 with gt1050ti, include shipping only 1.3k.. in Dell SG 1.8K =

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also tempted to get .... dell inspiron 15 with gt1050ti, include shipping only 1.3k.. in Dell SG 1.8K =
I wonder why so much difference. Why can't someone start a business and take a cut. It can be very lucrative.

lenney

Master Member
Reaction score

Are you able to use SG CC to pay Dell USA purchases?
For me both Dell and Lenovo failed.

Last edited:

lenney

Master Member
Reaction score

If very unlucky the item DOA, the return shipping will burn a hold in your pocket. :D

To ship a small box of about 2kg will cost about S$100.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, i believe apple, asus and dell have international warranty. Best is get those laptop frm amazon where they ship direct to sg, they will charge u shipping and customs fees all at 1 go. So far my laptop using fine. But if u rly unlucky, then get DOA laptop....:s22:

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will the power supply and adapter be of any concern for laptops from US? Laptops from Amazon look much cheaper than in Singapore.

ykeen

Reaction score
I wonder why so much difference. Why can't someone start a business and take a cut. It can be very lucrative.

It's called comgateway and ezbuy. Anyway previously Amazon free shipping directly to Singapore even easier.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking to buy an xtra laptop from Amazon for a few years, but worried that they may throw the laptop ard during shipment/delivery.... why r u guys dun have such worries at all ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.