Any advice where to get PS4 Slim INTERNAL power supply unit?

hellopanda12345

Reaction score
Hi, my ps4 slim recently got into power supply faulty issue. I would like to try replacing the internal power supply unit myself but am having difficulty searching for a compatible one.

Does anyone know any reliable seller or repair shops in Singapore?
If I buy online, how to know if it's the compatible one?

jrwong84

Master Member
Reaction score
You can try gamemartz amk wargames gamemartz got many outlets if not try carousell with good feedback one here are fews power fix for sell the ps4 power supply unit
7I3uIL2.jpg

X2SqvyL.png

weMQeAR.png

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rip

So I googled... looks like people do sell the ADP-160CR N15-160P1A Power Supply Module. But made in China. And costs $40+.

https://tinyurl.com/y9oufqmp

If the repair costs $80-100 but guarantee repair (as in won't inflate to $200 depending on fault and wun charge just for diagnostic of impossible repair) might as well save the trouble of disassembly. And this kind of diagnosis is not easy and that power supply isn't exactly cheap... best case you blew a fuse, worst case the mainboard is dead. Pay $100 for 100% fix better than $40 for uncertain fix.

If you enjoy DIY, check the fuse first.

hellopanda12345

Reaction score
Thanks a million wwenze and jrwong84!! really appreciate your reply! I guess fixing it myself is too risky right? Maybe I just let 3rd party shop diagnose first see what is the real problem.. but I cant decide to bring to Power Fix or GameMartz! Which one more reliable?

I checked and Power Fix charge $165 for a brand new power supply adp (3 months warranty) excluding replacement fee etc. this is quite expensive actually but they mentioned theirs is brand new + warranty hence the price like that.

Any advice which shop better? Thanks!

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok $165 then fk it, unless you really want your save games or if it's a 4.05

How good is your electronics troubleshooting skill? As in if you find the pinout of the PSU on Google you can predict and then verify the voltages?

Because the first thing you need to check right now is whether the PSU is providing the right voltages to the mobo upon power up and entering standby. If it's totally silent, then buy the replacement PSU. If there are voltages and the mobo is still silent, then a PSU replacement wun fix it anyway.

And also this guide on how to power a PS4 using ATX PSU so you can be absolutely sure it's the PSU's fault. Probably won't need to go this far tho, because as long as you check whether the 5V and the standby voltages are present it already gives the answer.
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=78184

Last edited:

hellopanda12345

Reaction score
Ok $165 then fk it, unless you really want your save games or if it's a 4.05

How good is your electronics troubleshooting skill? As in if you find the pinout of the PSU on Google you can predict and then verify the voltages?

Because the first thing you need to check right now is whether the PSU is providing the right voltages to the mobo upon power up and entering standby. If it's totally silent, then buy the replacement PSU. If there are voltages and the mobo is still silent, then a PSU replacement wun fix it anyway.

And also this guide on how to power a PS4 using ATX PSU so you can be absolutely sure it's the PSU's fault. Probably won't need to go this far tho, because as long as you check whether the 5V and the standby voltages are present it already gives the answer.
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=78184

Thanks man.. but I tried to google and youtube on how to test the voltage stuff like that I'm actually not very familiar with all that so wouldn't dare to risk doing it myself and ending up worsening the condition.. that's too bad..
May I ask what do you mean by ''if it's a 4.05''? Do you think I can request for Power Fix to replace the unit in front of me other wise how would I know if they are giving me a new piece!?

My console is like dead.. totally no sound at all.. I hope its the PSU problem...and also would like to retain my game data..... I guess $165++ cannot avoid sia..:(

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well for $165++ to fix PS4 I reckon you should be getting PMs from poly students already :s13:

jrwong84

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.. but I tried to google and youtube on how to test the voltage stuff like that I'm actually not very familiar with all that so wouldn't dare to risk doing it myself and ending up worsening the condition.. that's too bad..
May I ask what do you mean by ''if it's a 4.05''? Do you think I can request for Power Fix to replace the unit in front of me other wise how would I know if they are giving me a new piece!?

My console is like dead.. totally no sound at all.. I hope its the PSU problem...and also would like to retain my game data..... I guess $165++ cannot avoid sia..:(

If you are not electronics pro better don't fix yourself is very different from diy computer parts

4.05 is a version that can be jailbroken unless you like play pirated game I will not even bother with 4.05

That two way to solve one is sell your console as spoilt at least can get $100-150 sure got people want de then use the $ buy a set again since slim now around $350 can get bnid liao

Last way is repair send to famous game shop gamemartz qisahn funsquare amk wargames this fews game shop open 10 year above liao compare the repair price if is below $120 with after service warranty can send in if no after service warranty don't send

Last edited:

hellopanda12345

Reaction score
If you are not electronics pro better don't fix yourself is very different from diy computer parts

4.05 is a version that can be jailbroken unless you like play pirated game I will not even bother with 4.05

That two way to solve one is sell your console as spoilt at least can get $100-150 sure got people want de then use the $ buy a set again since slim now around $350 can get bnid liao

Last way is repair send to famous game shop gamemartz qisahn funsquare amk wargames this fews game shop open 10 year above liao compare the repair price if is below $120 with after service warranty can send in if no after service warranty don't send

Thanks Jrwong! Quite reluctant to spend $165.. I guess I'm left with your 2nd option. I checked with those shops all no stocks for PSU ask me to go back service centre. Left Qisahn not yet reply hopefully they can repair and got after service warranty lor...

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually not that difficult to self-replace, no electronics background needed. It's just a box, you are not going to open it up to meddle with the circuitry inside. You unscrew the original power box from ps4 motherboard, screw back the new one. The connection to the motherboard is just a simple plug.

XBERSTAR-Original-Power-Supply-Adapter-ADP-200ER-N14-200P1A-For-Sony-Playstation-4-PS4-Console-Replacement.jpg_220x220.jpg

HTB1C0Q0i3DD8KJjy0Fdq6AjvXXaG.jpg

HTB11Ygci0rJ8KJjSspaq6xuKpXac.jpg

Check youtube for guides. If you are comfortable following that, and you are ok with third party replacement parts, can diy. Just make sure you buy the correct type. Check the specs to see which ps4 models (CUH-1001A, CUH-1200 etc) they are compatible with. You can search "ps4 power supply" on aliexpress, price varies, us$20-30 typically (since CNY is near, shipping can take a long time).

hellopanda12345

Reaction score
Actually not that difficult to self-replace, no electronics background needed. It's just a box, you are not going to open it up to meddle with the circuitry inside. You unscrew the original power box from ps4 motherboard, screw back the new one. The connection to the motherboard is just a simple plug.

XBERSTAR-Original-Power-Supply-Adapter-ADP-200ER-N14-200P1A-For-Sony-Playstation-4-PS4-Console-Replacement.jpg_220x220.jpg

HTB1C0Q0i3DD8KJjy0Fdq6AjvXXaG.jpg

HTB11Ygci0rJ8KJjSspaq6xuKpXac.jpg

Check youtube for guides. If you are comfortable following that, and you are ok with third party replacement parts, can diy. Just make sure you buy the correct type. Check the specs to see which ps4 models (CUH-1001A, CUH-1200 etc) they are compatible with. You can search "ps4 power supply" on aliexpress, price varies, us$20-30 typically (since CNY is near, shipping can take a long time).

Thanks PierceLee.. I am actually sourcing for the PSU at the same time while waiting for Qishan to reply. I did intend to replace the box myself.. saw so many youtube guide its really qt simple actually. Now the hard part is finding the right PSU. Found some on Ebay from USA but the charges for shipping alone is USD50++ if I never see wrongly. anyhoo will still continue to find.. haiz..

shalala1234

Reaction score
Thanks PierceLee.. I am actually sourcing for the PSU at the same time while waiting for Qishan to reply. I did intend to replace the box myself.. saw so many youtube guide its really qt simple actually. Now the hard part is finding the right PSU. Found some on Ebay from USA but the charges for shipping alone is USD50++ if I never see wrongly. anyhoo will still continue to find.. haiz..
Got one from taobao through SGshop and it works well after replacing the psu, my seller even include me an security screwdriver as well

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rip

So I googled... looks like people do sell the ADP-160CR N15-160P1A Power Supply Module. But made in China. And costs $40+.

https://tinyurl.com/y9oufqmp

If the repair costs $80-100 but guarantee repair (as in won't inflate to $200 depending on fault and wun charge just for diagnostic of impossible repair) might as well save the trouble of disassembly. And this kind of diagnosis is not easy and that power supply isn't exactly cheap... best case you blew a fuse, worst case the mainboard is dead. Pay $100 for 100% fix better than $40 for uncertain fix.

If you enjoy DIY, check the fuse first.
Sorry for the necro

Hi, may i know if you guys know the PSU model number for
ps4 slim cuh-2006?

Yeah..mine...Popped..smoked

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the necro

Hi, may i know if you guys know the PSU model number for
ps4 slim cuh-2006?

Yeah..mine...Popped..smoked

Is the same. The 6 at the end just means it's for sale in Asia.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.