Malaysia prepaid card

efreelancer

Reaction score
Just wondering why u guys buy the Malaysia sims when the validity period is so short. Eg most starter packs gives you a 5-day active period upon activation with an additional 50-day deactive (non-active) period. And extend validity is like 30rm / $10 for 30 days.

Are there sims with longer validity or is there any way to extend long validity?

efreelancer

Reaction score
Got scammed by the store at the jb customs bus terminal. Please be ware when buying from them prepaid card.

They sold me hotlink SIM card and implied it came with 1.5gb data and 8.7gb Facebook data and 5rm credits that last 7 days and showed me the red app with the total amount of 5rm credit with 10.3gb data. Lies

It was my first time buying a overseas prepaid Sim and I realised that I could click the data and it expanded to what’s the allocated rate of data.

It was only the starter pack with 300mb that expires in 2 days that retails for 10rm.

Paying 10rm more is ard $3+ and not a lot, I wouldn’t be that angry if he told me it was the starter pack with what it had but he lied and I ***** hate scammers.

How much you paid or keanna chop? So far I thk only JB sells sim cards in this manner. Like third world tactics. But again only sg pple got tricked lol. Even in Thailand/vietnam they sell u actual price.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering why u guys buy the Malaysia sims when the validity period is so short. Eg most starter packs gives you a 5-day active period upon activation with an additional 50-day deactive (non-active) period. And extend validity is like 30rm / $10 for 30 days.

Are there sims with longer validity or is there any way to extend long validity?

cause for a couple of dollars unlocks savings that is many times what you spent.
aside from the features the internet offers

taxi easily rm10~20. uber/grab so much cheaper.

kitkat2

Reaction score

why do you need 30 days validity? are you staying in malaysia for 30 days in a row?

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
They might have sold you a different package. The correct RM$10/= package should show this
68euf7.jpg

Got scammed by the store at the jb customs bus terminal. Please be ware when buying from them prepaid card.

They sold me hotlink SIM card and implied it came with 1.5gb data and 8.7gb Facebook data and 5rm credits that last 7 days and showed me the red app with the total amount of 5rm credit with 10.3gb data. Lies

It was my first time buying a overseas prepaid Sim and I realised that I could click the data and it expanded to what’s the allocated rate of data.
Vcferyf.jpg

It was only the starter pack with 300mb that expires in 2 days that retails for 10rm.

Paying 10rm more is ard $3+ and not a lot, I wouldn’t be that angry if he told me it was the starter pack with what it had but he lied and I ***** hate scammers.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They might have sold you a different package. The correct RM$10/= package should show this

If you guys have bought your SIM pack only recently, there's only 1 type and it's the Hotlink RED plan.

Hotlink switched from FAST to RED not that long ago, and if yours was activated after the switch, click on the link to view the details.

Also:
"Enjoy FREE NON-STOP INTERNET (social or chat) with purchase of any internet pass.
Redeem your FREE NON-STOP INTERNET (social or chat) via the RED App
Free RED Non-Stop Chat OR Free RED Non-Stop Social"

The Settings tab on your app should show the type of plan you're on.

Last edited:

VideoGameKingdom

Reaction score
68euf7.jpg

Yes that was what I thought I bought and the store **** told me I bought but no I found out I only bought the starter pack. The **** showed me I had 10.3gb data and told me 8.7gb was for Facebook and 1.5gb was internet. My Friend was there also heard what he said.

Be careful when buying SIM card in Malaysia guys. I think only 711 and registered stores can trust

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The free weekend data still works for those who havent change to Hotlink Red and are still on Hotlink Flash.

moveman69

Reaction score
Anybody has issues topping up credit into Digi yellow sim card using SG CC? I cant seemed to be able to top up mine recently

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I use the onexox which rides on the celcom network. Got 2 sims, 1 for myself and one for family members usage. 28 months validity. I just buy data package and store it. When needed just activate it.

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody has issues topping up credit into Digi yellow sim card using SG CC? I cant seemed to be able to top up mine recently

my SG CC dont work too, although OTP was generated :s22:

then i found out they sell those top-up coupons @ RM5/ days each. you scratch off the coupons and dial in to top up. this is cheaper than the minimum RM10 online topup

bought them at the "Digi Store Express"

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

https://www.e-pay.com.my/shop/category/1/mobile-reload

ePay is an alternative to buying those reload vouchers (scratch to reveal PIN) while across the causeway.

With ePay, you can use SG credit card to pay, and do it at your convenience even when you're at home.

RM5 is the minimum amount.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from JB , from the linkbridge to City Square has ard 7-8 Telco/Stalls but all are marked up to up to RM20-40+ (actual selling price shd be RM10)

Valid for Malaysian IC only, have to do own registration (DIGI) :
TESCO Extra @ Mutiara Rini is selling for RM10 2GB for 7 days can use for calls

Valid for foreigners, shop will help you register with passport (XPAC) :
TESCO Extra @ Tebrau City (just beside the Jusco building) got a young chinese boy in a stall in the middle of the Tesco there selling prepaid sim pack for RM10 for 3GB , validity 7 days, can use for calls also...
View Photos: https://imgur.com/a/gPKqD

too bad cannot buy in advance and cannot register/ activate card ourselves.. he has to do it for us...

Is there any similar stalls selling RM10 for the prepaid sim card pack within walking distance from the custom?

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I just happen to read this website that states we shd not let the shop take photo of our passport when buying the prepaid sim Card:
http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.sg/2018/02/buying-sim-cards-in-malaysia.html

i bought from the most crowded indian shop from the JB Custom Linkbridge ,
For Malaysia IC, he gave them DIGI sim card (with packaging)
For singaporean passport, he gave us RED sim card (without packaging)

He charged us RM20 And took photo of our passport... what will they do with it? :(

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Made a mistake cutting my XOX prepaid card from standard size to nano, overcut, undersized. Now only after few placement adjustment on sim tray it would work.

Is there any way I could get a replacement in SG? Or is there any cloning service.

Quick fix is get a new sim new number, but i am not a wasteful type.

Sent from my friend's mobile using GAGT

Last edited:

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to one seller, they need to scan your passport for the registration.

https://www.mcmc.gov.my/faqs/prepaid-registration/*how-registration-is-done

Anyone managed to register without providing passport copy recently?

Sent from 你妈妈喊你回家吃饭去 using GAGT

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Made a mistake cutting my XOX prepaid card from standard size to nano, overcut, undersized. Now only after few placement adjustment on sim tray it would work.

Is there any way I could get a replacement in SG? Or is there any cloning service.

Quick fix is get a new sim new number, but i am not a wasteful type.

Sent from my friend's mobile using GAGT

Where did you get your original SIM card from? If it's one of the dealers found in the Travel Bazaar here, you might want to contact that same person for help.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.