Anyone change to Big Brake Kit

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better for braking but adds weight so it’s pointless if bhp don’t improve

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its hard to get use to stock spongy brakes once u use BBK. Overkill on normal cars like mine but braking powess is much better than stock. But the question is, BBK can stop ur car much faster with less distance BUT the car behind u doesnt so need bear that in mind.

human1969

Reaction score
Also considering to upgrade.
Think my ride brake kit a bit under power.

So big brake kit include Rotor, Caliper & Pad ?
Roughly how much ?

Rgds

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its hard to get use to stock spongy brakes once u use BBK. Overkill on normal cars like mine but braking powess is much better than stock. But the question is, BBK can stop ur car much faster with less distance BUT the car behind u doesnt so need bear that in mind.
Isn't this the reason why you opt for BBK?

BBK is to allow you to stop in time. It doesn't give regards to the cars behind. If they are tailgating you, then it's their prerogative and whatever happens, is their own judgement call.

BBK heavy or not is not my concern when I installed 286mm big-4 pot on my Vios. The concern is I need to stop in time, when I need to. I rather be kissed in the back, than to kiss others.

I don't know about other people's priority when it comes to performance mods. FC is the least of concerns when you do mods.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Roughly how much ?

Rgds
Depending on your kit size, mini-4, big-4 and the rotor sizing etc.

Big-4 is about 1,600-1,800 at 303mm.

Friend did big-6 and mini-4, $4,300.

Go big, or go home, he says :s13: Thomas, lip lai! :s13:

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isn't this the reason why you opt for BBK?

BBK is to allow you to stop in time. It doesn't give regards to the cars behind. If they are tailgating you, then it's their prerogative and whatever happens, is their own judgement call.

BBK heavy or not is not my concern when I installed 286mm big-4 pot on my Vios. The concern is I need to stop in time, when I need to. I rather be kissed in the back, than to kiss others.

I don't know about other people's priority when it comes to performance mods. FC is the least of concerns when you do mods.
True. What im to tryin to say is be aware of other cars. Give ample space when u can.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

Roughly how much ?

Rgds

depending on brands. try not to get those mixed and matched type.
and some need certain rim size to clear the calipers.

Ivanpaseo

Reaction score
Bbk if u track or have huge power increased and please if wan,get big good brands not those Taiwan replica.... Probably upgrade to better tires is worth more than ur Taiwan bbk... If hard breaking can activate ur abs means ur brake are good enough need better tires .

Sent from Essential Products PH-1 using GAGT

superman

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are using small stock rim, when you change to BBK, you will also need to upsize your rim.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True. What im to tryin to say is be aware of other cars. Give ample space when u can.
When emergency, I can only think of myself, if you wanna tail me or follow me so close... I can only say too bad...

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sorry to borrow ur thread.
Recently brake making squeaking sound on cold start.
After 2 mins of driving, the squeaking sound will be gone.

So went to workshop to check.
They said my brake pad is still quite thick. Might be the rotor surface too smooth resulting to squeaking noise. Any bros here can advise?

Archuke

Master Member
Reaction score
Too smooth have squeking sound? Should be not smooth then have ma. Or rotor got rust?

Anyway, cold start have squeking sound might not be brakes, could be your fan belt as well. Once warm up should go away

Sorry to borrow ur thread.
Recently brake making squeaking sound on cold start.
After 2 mins of driving, the squeaking sound will be gone.

So went to workshop to check.
They said my brake pad is still quite thick. Might be the rotor surface too smooth resulting to squeaking noise. Any bros here can advise?

Flexamoria

Honorary Member
Reaction score
BBK good for track, since it has bigger rotor, disipate heat faster. Else normal brake is ok good enuff.
Most impt are tyres

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.