Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I have no issues with pairing. Went backlog yr post and yeah thats what i did.

Now anyone knows if theres a way for me to tell how much % are the buds at w/o connecting them? Orange blinking indicator in case = charging but not yet full?

Another, because i am using a pixel 2 xl, i turned on bluetooth scanning. But when i take the e8 out from case, turn on, it doesnt seem to automatically turn on my pixel's bluetooth & connect to it?

Or is it not supposed to have this functionality?

Because my pixel has that auto turn on wifi even when my wifi is turned off, when "enter" in range of a saved network. E.g. just came home.

Yes. Orange indicator at front is charging. Behind is number of charge the capsule can provide. 2 LEDs 2 charge. 1 led 1 charge left. Btw. B&O does advise that frequent charging of earbuds is good for the lifetime of the battery.

No sure what you meant on the Bluetooth part. For my case. I am using V30+ and upon taking out from capsule. I just need to tap the right earbuds 3 times and they will auto connect.

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Orange indicator at front is charging. Behind is number of charge the capsule can provide. 2 LEDs 2 charge. 1 led 1 charge left. Btw. B&O does advise that frequent charging of earbuds is good for the lifetime of the battery.

No sure what you meant on the Bluetooth part. For my case. I am using V30+ and upon taking out from capsule. I just need to tap the right earbuds 3 times and they will auto connect.

Thanks! Care to share what kind of charger u using? Im currently using my old zenfone adapter since its more convenient as its usb to microusb.

Im not sure if i should use my pixel's charger which is usb pd.

I briefly tried looking up on beoplay site for these details but havnt found any. Perhaps gotta dig deeper wheb i have time to.

The bluetooth part is when on yr phone, your bluetooth is turned off.

Becos for my pixel 2, there is this feature that if i turn on wifi scanning, even if my wifi is turned off, the moment i am near my saved network e.g. home or work. My phone will automatically turn on my wifi & connect to the saved network.

I was wondering if this would work so that upon taking out the e8 and tap once to on, even if bluetooth on my phone is off, it'll turn it on g connect to it.

Not sure if it would work with other bluetooth devices or currently only works with the pixel buds.

Decided not to buy the pixel buds as i find that google wasted the swipe gesture to -/+ vol instead of prev/next song really defeats the purpose of wireless since i still got to reach out for my phone.

Also i all along prefer in ear buds kind of earphones as it fits me more. Singtel does not have demo set available for guests to try out the pixel buds.

Lastly, is there a way to turn off the e8? Currently i realize the only way is to insert it back into the case. Am wondering if there is a way to turn it off with it being out of the case.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Thanks! Care to share what kind of charger u using? Im currently using my old zenfone adapter since its more convenient as its usb to microusb.

Im not sure if i should use my pixel's charger which is usb pd.

I briefly tried looking up on beoplay site for these details but havnt found any. Perhaps gotta dig deeper wheb i have time to.

The bluetooth part is when on yr phone, your bluetooth is turned off.

Becos for my pixel 2, there is this feature that if i turn on wifi scanning, even if my wifi is turned off, the moment i am near my saved network e.g. home or work. My phone will automatically turn on my wifi & connect to the saved network.

I was wondering if this would work so that upon taking out the e8 and tap once to on, even if bluetooth on my phone is off, it'll turn it on g connect to it.

Not sure if it would work with other bluetooth devices or currently only works with the pixel buds.

Decided not to buy the pixel buds as i find that google wasted the swipe gesture to -/+ vol instead of prev/next song really defeats the purpose of wireless since i still got to reach out for my phone.

Also i all along prefer in ear buds kind of earphones as it fits me more. Singtel does not have demo set available for guests to try out the pixel buds.

Lastly, is there a way to turn off the e8? Currently i realize the only way is to insert it back into the case. Am wondering if there is a way to turn it off with it being out of the case.

I just use any charger I have. May be a hub, computer or powerbank. Anyone that is convenient.

Just leave yr phone BT on. it will not draw much current also.

Think it is possible to turn off manually by pressing a few second. But not always consistent. So the best way is to put back into case.

From B&O E8 website guide.

"A lithium-ion rechargeable ba

Last edited:

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried some random combinations but not able to turn it off. Still will see white blinking light on right bud.

Checked faqs on the beoplay site also no mention of how to off. Think perhaps really must put it back.

The lack of ways to see how much % of juice left in the charge case besides plugged in also a little lacking.

Sound quality & stability etc wise so far so good.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
The lack of ways to see how much % of juice left in the charge case besides plugged in also a little lacking.

Sound quality & stability etc wise so far so good.

It's not uncommon that these charge cases or earbuds do not have clear indication of the remaining battery life. Even normal wireless headphones do not have this indicator. It's not a given, sad to say. Some earbuds can read out the remaining battery, while others don't.

I would be more concerned with audio quality more than the ability to check battery life, which I assume should be full since I always put the earbuds in the case. And if you are worried about remaining battery life in the case, my suggestion is to understand your usage pattern. For instance, if you only use your earbuds 1 hour a day, then you can safely charge the case once a week. If you use 4 hours daily, then you should charge every other day. If you are going for a weekend trip and anticipates you need a full battery, then charge before leaving the house. There is no worry about charging too many times, as most rechargeable batteries today use Lithium Ion which has no memory effect and has good charging cycles. Usually, the reason batteries spoil is because they don't get charged regularly.

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's not uncommon that these charge cases or earbuds do not have clear indication of the remaining battery life. Even normal wireless headphones do not have this indicator. It's not a given, sad to say. Some earbuds can read out the remaining battery, while others don't.

I would be more concerned with audio quality more than the ability to check battery life, which I assume should be full since I always put the earbuds in the case. And if you are worried about remaining battery life in the case, my suggestion is to understand your usage pattern. For instance, if you only use your earbuds 1 hour a day, then you can safely charge the case once a week. If you use 4 hours daily, then you should charge every other day. If you are going for a weekend trip and anticipates you need a full battery, then charge before leaving the house. There is no worry about charging too many times, as most rechargeable batteries today use Lithium Ion which has no memory effect and has good charging cycles. Usually, the reason batteries spoil is because they don't get charged regularly.

I'm fine with it now. Previously I did not notice that whenever the E8 is inserted back into the case, the two white indicators at the rear of the case would light up. Previously I was trying to say that they only show battery indication when I plug them via the microusb cable to the power.

Its sometimes hard to track usage as I dont necessary use them at fixed duration periods like exactly 1hr 2hrs. Sometimes could be 20mins or so then later 1hr 35mins so and so. Thus I was wondering why no way to show battery left in the case, even if its an estimate. Now I realize they do light up briefly whenever the buds are put back in the case. Previously it wasnt obvious as the indicators were on the rear of the case.

As I dont like carrying cables out in the day, I felt there was no way to show indication of remaining battery left in the case.

For battery % left in the E8 buds itself, thankfully my pixel 2 xl has an indicator to show that when they're connected.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you can find knockoff airpods the same compact size as the original case. Even the knockoff airpods earphone itself are much bigger than airpods, the technology also cannot fight. So yes im serious china are not able to copy it.

$37.90 air-pods :p

Ns8aBpN.png

want to buy and try?

nivlac9

Reaction score
Have one of these... Get what you pay for. One side gets disconnected quite frequently. Mic feature is also quite muffled.

Was searching in youtube for wireless earbuds options, with the established brands like Jaybird Run, Sony Wf1000x, B&O E8 etc. All these are over SGD$200 sia....

Wanna upgrade from my Jaybird Bluebuds X, coz wire already exposed and also turned sticky...

Then somehow chance upon this video

Since it's only USD$19, ie ~SGD$30, went ahead to hoot one.

Man, am I surprised by the SQ....Bass is actually more powerful than the Jaybird Bluebuds X, though mids are not as good, but still decent enough for those bass-heavy or EDM kinda music.

The cons is occasional drop-out from one earbud, but not very common, and understand this can also happen on those >$200 ones too.

Really impress with the price-to-performance value of this earbuds.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did also considered the B&O E8 but at around $420 it’s quite expensive.

v1hypersg

Reaction score
https://www.stereo.com.sg/shop/earphones/true-wireless/jabra-elite-65t.html

https://www.stereo.com.sg/shop/earphones/true-wireless/nuforce-be-free8.html

https://www.stereo.com.sg/shop/earp...e-soundsport-free-true-wireless-earphone.html

anyone bought any of the above ?

can you share your experience ?

my erato 7 battery life sometimes last less than 2 hrs,

also thinking of getting something new,

can anyone share if you bought any of the above ?

https://weareready.sg/collections/cny2018/products/bragi-the-dash-pro

or should take the plunge but worried, not worth the money !

nivlac9

Reaction score
Is it common that the left n right gets disconnected once in a while? I find it pretty irritating...

Would this happen on more premium products eg those 100-300 range?

kennethtbh

Reaction score
i just received my tracking number for the ERL earphones.. think still must wait afew days before tracking status is out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.