November 2017 SBF

flying88

Reaction score
Funny is buying resale is only 2 mths to collect the key due to family with kid, but for SBF with kid cannot expedite.. tml try to call the officer see how they can help :(

Hi weeli85, once u call hdb, can share wat the officer answer ?
Coz my place is start at June. It's a long wait again..

Xxlxxd

Reaction score
Hi, anyone here knows whether for the ahg grant, one have to work continously in the SAME company or just have 12 months cpf contribution history dosent matter from the same company or no? Also, they count from application date or the first appointment? Thanks in advance!

CherryBee

Reaction score
This is the funniest question I’ve seen in this thread lol. Different area different selection date...’u think hdb will stop their process to cater for 1 or 2 special ppl? If they do that, others will complain too.. might as well don’t set any procedures lor.

Hi weeli85, once u call hdb, can share wat the officer answer ?
Coz my place is start at June. It's a long wait again..

zidmosby

Reaction score
@zidmosby, could it be due to ethnic quota issue?

It could be but.. I jumped ahead of 400+ people out of which some should have the same ethnicity as me and the last served number is still 92?

However my selection at that time started in April and I got an appointment invite in July. So it also could mean a large drop out at that point of time too since it was almost 3 months.

Muneyzmart

Reaction score
Is it possible for HDB to contact unsuccessful applicants to be called for selection as there are far too many dropouts / ethnic quota?

The Poor One

Reaction score
Is it possible for HDB to contact unsuccessful applicants to be called for selection as there are far too many dropouts / ethnic quota?

Nope. They wun bother to do that. They will just let it roll to sbf if it is bto, or ROF if it is a sbf.

topokki

Reaction score
Can I just check on the rationale behind have 12 months of CPF contribution before being considered for additional housing grant? Don’t ppl who do not have at least 12 continuous month of CPF contribution more needy of that grant? Haha

benzene

Reaction score
hi (future) neighbours!
Gotten 1x/25 with mcps
4th attempt in getting a flat from hdb.

Congrats... I am a bit peiseh to say that is was our 1st try as we were looking at resale over at cantonment. All the sellers were asking for COV therefore we decided to try SBF. Was contemplating on 4 or 5 rooms. But i didnt like the layout of the 4 rooms so we decide on try on 5 rooms. we are just super lucky.

coolstardy

Reaction score
I think you should head down to the site to check for evening sun if it will be a problem to you.
Personally would place ghim moh options last as it is far from mrt station with much lesser facilities than the other projects.

Commonwealth has great location but i rem it is low-floor

Forfar is near to mrt station so noise, privacy MAY be an issue (have not stood at the site personally to hear the noise for myself but i definitely can see the windows of forfar heights flats that face the mrt track)

Skyparc is further away from the train station (around 12 mins walk?) & some units may have evening sun. Same for dawson vista project, except it is nearer to the mrt station.

Aren’t the skyparc and Dawson vista north south facing? There should be very minimal sun

benzene

Reaction score
Yes the 4 rooms had one bedroom beside the living room.
I did some ID work previously and that is aircon nightmare layout.
I also wanted open kitchen concept which the 5 rooms layout is just nice.

you really lucked out!
my bf and i were looking at resale too but it is so much more expensive as we wanted to live near the parents and some of the flats are pretty old :/

i did not study other 4RMs that are 83/88sqm but I thought the floor plans for the queenstown projects are pretty interesting; some of them had one of the bedrooms beside the living room to reduce the corridor.

spinelli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One quick questions guys as Im suddenly confused. For the HLE, do I submit latest 3 months payslip now, or the 3 months from the date of application??

Aries89

Reaction score
Just curious, how many of you applied for SoBF because you want a flat that's ready this year, 2019 or 2020?

talberry

Reaction score
One quick questions guys as Im suddenly confused. For the HLE, do I submit latest 3 months payslip now, or the 3 months from the date of application??

You need to submit from your date of application for the HLE. That means if you're submitting a HLE application now, you will need Nov 17, Dec, 17 and Jan 18 payslips

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how many of you applied for SoBF because you want a flat that's ready this year, 2019 or 2020?

ASAP but once you (shockingly) got a q no which guarantees you a unit..Reality sets in cos you gotta ROM, wedding, reno and etc etc..and all these cost $$$$...

Good and bad perhaps but see what are the units left are located..cos diff plots have diff completion date and floor levels efc..

zidmosby

Reaction score
ASAP but once you (shockingly) got a q no which guarantees you a unit..Reality sets in cos you gotta ROM, wedding, reno and etc etc..and all these cost $$$$...

Good and bad perhaps but see what are the units left are located..cos diff plots have diff completion date and floor levels efc..

Unless you’re already married of course then asap is the best option hahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.