Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the Freesat GTT DVB-T2/C box. I couldn't tune to DVB-C UHF 514Mhz Channel U HD. Any idea how to do it ? Thanks in advance.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Enjoy while it lasts. Once Mediacorp starts the crawler and video squeeze for analogue TV, most probably after June 2018, u will have to switch to DVB-T2. :D

Manage to get channel U HD using range scan.
But couldn't get it record to USB thumb drive. :s22:
Tried USB2 and USB3 thumb drives and none work so far. :(

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manage to get channel U HD using range scan.
But couldn't get it record to USB thumb drive. :s22:
Tried USB2 and USB3 thumb drives and none work so far. :(

What the storage size of USB thumb drive?
You need to be at lease 64G and format with TV first.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What the storage size of USB thumb drive?
You need to be at lease 64G and format with TV first.

I tried both 64GB USB2 and 128GB USB3. It detected the latter. I pressed the record button and it recorded the video to the thumb drive. But, when I tried to do scheduled recording, it only had "Play" type i.e. it will wake up at the scheduled time and selected channel. That's it. But who needs that ? I want to record it. :s22:

If you look at the specs, it clearly indicate PVR function. PVR function includes scheduled recording right ?

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried both 64GB USB2 and 128GB USB3. It detected the latter. I pressed the record button and it recorded the video to the thumb drive. But, when I tried to do scheduled recording, it only had "Play" type i.e. it will wake up at the scheduled time and selected channel. That's it. But who needs that ? I want to record it. :s22:

If you look at the specs, it clearly indicate PVR function. PVR function includes scheduled recording right ?

No sure about your case. My old LG (non web OS type) works fine. (on DVBT2 channel).

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No sure about your case. My old LG (non web OS type) works fine. (on DVBT2 channel).

Thanks.

For a lot less, I get K2 DVB T2 box from Carousell and a Daiyo antenna from SLS. The video is crystal clear. Now, I am stuck with a Freesat GTT white elephant.:s22:

questionman26

Reaction score
last week, I just installed a Sony W80 TV with Free indoor antenna, i manage to scan all Sg TV channel in HD, but the Channel 8 and Channel U always lag and got pixelation very frequent. What is the issue? Is it because of TV or antenna or area? I stay in punggol area, anybody encounter same issue?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kristinehere DVB-T2 $28 without antenna. I choose this seller because it's near my place. Freesat GTT from Aliexpress is US$62.

So the issue with Freesat is the inability to tune certain channel using DVB-C tuner? How about using DVB-T2 tuner?

moron+genius

Reaction score
last week, I just installed a Sony W80 TV with Free indoor antenna, i manage to scan all Sg TV channel in HD, but the Channel 8 and Channel U always lag and got pixelation very frequent. What is the issue? Is it because of TV or antenna or area? I stay in punggol area, anybody encounter same issue?
Reception poor, move antenna around 2 find best spot. Usually nearer 2 window gets better reception. Else use an active antenna

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the issue with Freesat is the inability to tune certain channel using DVB-C tuner? How about using DVB-T2 tuner?

Initially, I used Auto and Manual scan but CH U HD didn't show up but when I used Range scan CH U HD show up for DVB-C. As for DVB-T2 and USB powered Daiyo antenna, can get all channels. But the antenna has to be at a certain location otherwise the screen will freeze for some channels.

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been buying dvb-t2 boxes via tb/ezbuy without issues. However this time I bought 2 boxes and none of them work! I did a one to one replacement of an existing box and antenna to perform scanning. Doesn’t work at all.. Anyone know the reason? It just does not scan any channels.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been buying dvb-t2 boxes via tb/ezbuy without issues. However this time I bought 2 boxes and none of them work! I did a one to one replacement of an existing box and antenna to perform scanning. Doesn’t work at all.. Anyone know the reason? It just does not scan any channels.

Not all PRC STB model will work here. Is it the same model you brought before? Listing the STB System Info like HW model and firmware would be helpful.

dexter9898

Reaction score

Other than poor reception, check if your DVB-T2 tuner inside the box is using and able to support DVB-T2 standard 1.3.1.

Skywalker87

Reaction score
Reception poor, move antenna around 2 find best spot. Usually nearer 2 window gets better reception. Else use an active antenna

Whenever I hear people using the antenna, I always feel that Singapore is taking a step backwards.

Only in the 1970 - 1980s, Singaporeans are required to have 1 antenna in each home to tune to TV program....

Singapore really going backward.

My Dad was really surprised when I told him that we need an antenna connected to the TV and still need to position it to a good position to reach the signal. He was like wtf....

Gal711

Reaction score
TV Box for local channel

Hi all, not sure this is the correct thread but I really needed urgent advise.
Recently I cancelled my Starhub cable TV and my hub returned the TV Station yesterday. Then I realise my TV will not work since the SCV TV box is remove. I tried to connect my TV cable to the TV point that was move into the TV console by my id when the hse is new in 2010 but the image received are very distorted. Will need your advise on these question I have.

1) When we have the SCV TV box, is it that the TV will connect to the box then the box connect to the wall point?
2) If so, can I connect the TV directly to the same wall point to receive the channels properly.
3) With my attempt to connect the cable to the point in my tv console that didn't produce clear image, is it becos the point is not working properly?
4) If I were to get a DVB-T2 box, will it work like the SCV TV box where I connect my TV HDMI cable to the box then the box cable to the wall.

Sorry if I sound confusing as I am very green to all these and totally lost on what to do to get my TV work again. :s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.