Status
Not open for further replies.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Greent

Reaction score
Need a bit of help from gurus

Which day (Mon to Fri) is not so crowded for Disneyland Japan ?

Any idea which tour bus package got Chinese guide for Mt Fuji 1 day tour as now the only tour HIS do provide Ipad with video translation service.

Going on 16/10 to 22/10 with 2 elderly (Both 60+)

Thank in advance.

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need a bit of help from gurus

Which day (Mon to Fri) is not so crowded for Disneyland Japan ?

Any idea which tour bus package got Chinese guide for Mt Fuji 1 day tour as now the only tour HIS do provide Ipad with video translation service.

Going on 16/10 to 22/10 with 2 elderly (Both 60+)

Thank in advance.
You can Google for a TDL crowd calendar

Sent from using GAGT

chirurene

Reaction score
Any recommendation for wifi router, previous trip to Japan i tried global advance communication (GAC) but this round i may opt for Changi recommends which is only $29 compare to GAC which is $100 plus. Any 1 tried both of this router before ??

Can't comment on GAC but i have used Changi recommends twice to Japan and it has served me well, battery lasted for the whole day for normal usage, 2-3 devices connected per router. The only instance when the battery ran out was when my friend watched videos for long period of time.

skyblood

Reaction score
Can't comment on GAC but i have used Changi recommends twice to Japan and it has served me well, battery lasted for the whole day for normal usage, 2-3 devices connected per router. The only instance when the battery ran out was when my friend watched videos for long period of time.

Guess i should switch to Changi recommends since it is much much more cheaper than GAC, 8 days trip only $29. :s13:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will be heading to Fuji Kawaguchiko from tokyo and staying at Hotel Gengo for a night. is it advisable/more worth it to rent a car to travel to-and-fro as well as exploring the Fuji area? (total 3 adults)

Should be fine to rent a car if timing is an issue. The more touristy bus routes there are not regular and are often crowded.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, only came across it through this gaijin's website: https://en.japantravel.com/yamagata/koyo-onsen-hotel/6291

Cos I'll be in zao onsen, and this ryokan is on the same shinkansen line going back to Tokyo, so I thought I'd try to spend the day there.

http://www.koyoga.com/plan_higaeri.html

This does not totally mean it will be a breeze as it does not look like there is an online reservation for the day meal plan

You have to pay a fee to enter the bath which is pretty normal. If it was me I would slot in a night there. As a fren of mine like to say, "might as well" :s13:

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.koyoga.com/plan_higaeri.html

You have to pay a fee to enter the bath which is pretty normal. If it was me I would slot in a night there. As a fren of mine like to say, "might as well" :s13:
Wow ¥10000/11000per person sia. Lemme think about it lol. Staying overnight could be fun too but based on my scheduling I'd need to cut out some other stuff planned in Tokyo which moi wife wants to do ...

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow ¥10000/11000per person sia. Lemme think about it lol. Staying overnight could be fun too but based on my scheduling I'd need to cut out some other stuff planned in Tokyo which moi wife wants to do ...

Tokyo anytime can go leh.. try to convince her again

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my suggestion would be that on the day that you wanted to do this "day trip"

you cut the previous stay by going over after breakfast, I do not have your itinerary so I can't make a suggestion

I guess you got JR-Pass. A bit more use of the Shinkansen will not hurt :s13:

besides, the difference in cost for a night with dinner and then breakfast is quite small.

smiggleprincess

Reaction score
Im keen to visit japan with my kids during xmas.
Can know about their celebration there?
Any special events in nagoya/kyoto/osaka
And since im alone with kids, two boys. Can they go into onsen by themselves or must be those mixed onsen? Along there, any recommendation for ryokan for kids?

My main itinernary

-Osaka USS
-Pokemon centre
-Nara Park
-Legoland
-Onsen & ryokan

apeape

Reaction score
Im keen to visit japan with my kids during xmas.
Can know about their celebration there?
Any special events in nagoya/kyoto/osaka
And since im alone with kids, two boys. Can they go into onsen by themselves or must be those mixed onsen? Along there, any recommendation for ryokan for kids?

My main itinernary

-Osaka USS
-Pokemon centre
-Nara Park
-Legoland
-Onsen & ryokan

Experienced Christmas 2017. No celebration, except for light shows and eating KFC.

If you'd like, you can stay until the New year and maybe 2 days after that? MAJOR Sales everywhere ;)

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how old are your boys?

if they know what not to bring into the bath, the steps for taking a bath. I think if they are able to care for themselves, they can go to the men bath.

the other way to handle this is try to book a private bath.

smiggleprincess

Reaction score
how old are your boys?

if they know what not to bring into the bath, the steps for taking a bath. I think if they are able to care for themselves, they can go to the men bath.

the other way to handle this is try to book a private bath.

they are 7 and 10yr
my concern is they will disturb others:o

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they are 7 and 10yr
a bit old for joining you, although Japanese kids are used to it as they do have bathing together culture/habit

if you are concerned they will misbehave in the men bath, guess you have to avoid it

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they are 7 and 10yr
You know your kids better than we do, obviously. It depends if they're the conscientious type or the playful type. Having said that though in general I'd imagine that 10 and 7 is too young for a first-time onsen visit alone. And too old to go to the women's bath with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.