ONE is here. XZ1, XZ1 Compact, X1.

zepanda

Reaction score
Anyone facing any issues with the default file app? I'm unable to open the app, it keeps saying "files has stopped". Tried clearing the cache and restarting doesn't work. It's working fine in safe mode though

behwatch

Reaction score
Anyone facing any issues with the default file app? I'm unable to open the app, it keeps saying "files has stopped". Tried clearing the cache and restarting doesn't work. It's working fine in safe mode though

Mine working fine.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Did you disable any apps or function? If yes, try to enable some of them.

zepanda

Reaction score
Did you disable any apps or function? If yes, try to enable some of them.

Didn't disable any apps, I see the files app does not require any permissions as well, so I'm clueless on which potential app might be causing the problem :s22:

omelet

Reaction score

I think it has to do with some app updates recently...
It first happened on my Pixel 2 XL, files app will keep stopping, then I switch back to my XZ Premium, was working at first...but after doing a full playstore app update, files app on XZP also started stopping..:s22:

zepanda

Reaction score
I think it has to do with some app updates recently...
It first happened on my Pixel 2 XL, files app will keep stopping, then I switch back to my XZ Premium, was working at first...but after doing a full playstore app update, files app on XZP also started stopping..
:s22:

jialat..too many apps got updated recently until I don't know which one is the culprit :s22:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jialat..too many apps got updated recently until I don't know which one is the culprit :s22:

You can remember recent app updates?
Try to remove those apps or updates one by one to find out.

zepanda

Reaction score
You can remember recent app updates?
Try to remove those apps or updates one by one to find out.

Playstore has this option to sort your installed apps based on the last updated date. Yeah going to uninstall more apps...so far no luck with those apps that are seldom used..

omelet

Reaction score
Playstore has this option to sort your installed apps based on the last updated date. Yeah going to uninstall more apps...so far no luck with those apps that are seldom used..

Found the culprit for my case...it was ActiveSG app...
I uninstalled it and the Files app immediately work again on both my P2XL and XZP. :eek:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Found the culprit for my case...it was ActiveSG app...
I uninstalled it and the Files app immediately work again on both my P2XL and XZP. :eek:

I saw all bad comments in Google play, sounds like a rogue app for Android 8.0. Haha

SosukeAizen

Master Member
Reaction score
anybody know where to find xz1 compact case that is thin and hard? so far I only see thick TPU cases which make it very thick in my pocket

marin3

Reaction score
anybody know where to find xz1 compact case that is thin and hard? so far I only see thick TPU cases which make it very thick in my pocket
My first case was slim and hard.
But it broke when dropped, the phone has no damage.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...32840105076.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.HrSBpL

This second one is still working fine.
It is still slim enough for my pocket, the back is a slim hardcase the side are soft TPU.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rin...32841835770.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.HrSBpL

Hope these helps with your decision.

fatscaryuncle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am thinking of getting a xz1, but might be porting to circles.

Would like to ask if local stores like red white or mobile square are reliable?

Happy if i can finally not be lock two years with the big 3 telco. Thanks!

marin3

Reaction score
Am thinking of getting a xz1, but might be porting to circles.

Would like to ask if local stores like red white or mobile square are reliable?

Happy if i can finally not be lock two years with the big 3 telco. Thanks!
I did buy another Sony phone XA1 from MobileSquare.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Use their Shopee + Credit card to get even more discount from their offer price.
The purchase phone is still working fine and no problem, can be registered at Sony site.

Besides you do not need to go the Circle to get without contract.
I am on M1 with MySIM plan without contract, therefore can terminate anytime.

Hope this info helps with your planning.

fatscaryuncle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did buy another Sony phone XA1 from MobileSquare.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Use their Shopee + Credit card to get even more discount from their offer price.
The purchase phone is still working fine and no problem, can be registered at Sony site.

Besides you do not need to go the Circle to get without contract.
I am on M1 with MySIM plan without contract, therefore can terminate anytime.

Hope this info helps with your planning.

Hi, thank you for the heads up. Mobile square was oos, so I bought from another store in the same building roughly same price. Going to look at sim only plans soon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.