November 2017 SBF

tivo88

Reaction score
Ghim moh:
plenty of food options at Buona Vista (kopitiams nearer to holland village side, holland village, star vista)
primary schools within 1-2 km (henry park, pei tong)
"walking" distance to mrt station
some blocks are facing the train station so not sure about noise and west sun, project feels rather isolated
need to walk/travel for other amenties (except supermarket. Sheng Siong located within the same project)
standard 4RM (93sqm)

Dawson:
less food options now, but may change once all the SkyParc, SkyOasis,Sky Residence projects are completed
amenities nearby (clinic, dental, supermarkets)
primary schools within 1-2km (queenstown, gan eng seng)
walking distance to mrt station
less than 10 minutes by car to orchard
smaller units (4RM 83sqm on average, except Dawson Vista projects with 88sqm units)

personally prefer Dawson.
Ghim Moh units are ready while Dawson requires another 1 year or so. Ghim Moh SBF has a number of low-level units too.

Unless u like the bigger 93sqm which is not much difference plus the location at Queenstown is so much better in terms of accessibility and ROI on selling price in future will be higher there.

The Poor One

Reaction score
Hi, people who will be going for queenstown selection. May I know if you favour Ghim Moh or Dawson more? and why? I am torn bwt the two..

Are u in need of house? The greatest difference is one is key ready, while the other one need to wait till 2020

xiaobei87

Reaction score
Ghim moh:
plenty of food options at Buona Vista (kopitiams nearer to holland village side, holland village, star vista)
primary schools within 1-2 km (henry park, pei tong)
"walking" distance to mrt station
some blocks are facing the train station so not sure about noise and west sun, project feels rather isolated
need to walk/travel for other amenties (except supermarket. Sheng Siong located within the same project)
standard 4RM (93sqm)

Dawson:
less food options now, but may change once all the SkyParc, SkyOasis,Sky Residence projects are completed
amenities nearby (clinic, dental, supermarkets)
primary schools within 1-2km (queenstown, gan eng seng)
walking distance to mrt station
less than 10 minutes by car to orchard
smaller units (4RM 83sqm on average, except Dawson Vista projects with 88sqm units)

personally prefer Dawson.
Ghim Moh units are ready while Dawson requires another 1 year or so. Ghim Moh SBF has a number of low-level units too.

Thanks for such a comprehensive description. Dawson seems to be the favourite! I will definitely go down both places to get a feel of the environment.

portalite

Reaction score
clementi Ridges

Ridges ok for children. Nice park below and near mrt central.

But I am concerned abt facing. Which stack r u at? E.g. if 5rm, choosing 195 and 193 is bad idea. Children cannot study due to noise.

Last edited:

cctv2163

Reaction score
For Nov 2017 SBF Ridges only got 169 & 171 to choose.
Btw, y 195. & 193 to noise? :s22:

Ridges ok for children. Nice park below and near mrt central.

But I am concerned abt facing. Which stack r u at? E.g. if 5rm, choosing 195 and 193 is bad idea. Children cannot study due to noise.

P.S. If noise and price are not a concerned, go choose Crest.

tivo88

Reaction score
Anyone looking at Dawson Vista ?

The only 2 blocks does not have the skygardens compared to the surrounding newer & upcoming blocks.

Will it affect the value of the units in future ?

standing

Reaction score

The only 2 blocks does not have the skygardens compared to the surrounding newer & upcoming blocks.

Is sky garden important?

portalite

Reaction score
For Nov 2017 SBF Ridges only got 169 & 171 to choose.
Btw, y 195. & 193 to noise? :s22:

I see. means u r 5 room. 169 171 are ok.
yes, 195 and 193 v noisy coz clementi ave 6

oh yeah, i remember u. You solved your MOP problem?

Last edited:

benzene

Reaction score
Thanks for such a comprehensive description. Dawson seems to be the favourite! I will definitely go down both places to get a feel of the environment.

I feel another key consideration is the layout.
If you plan to renovate it like hacking... please choose the layout carefully.

I rem Dawson 4 rooms layout is not very good. thats why i choose the 5 rooms
5 rooms only 1 unit per level basically just choose which level.

coolstardy

Reaction score

Having sky gardens maybe a unique feature but have you ever considered it being a hassel for privacy? I’m sure it will be an attraction to other curious non residents. In my opinion Dawson will be a better choice over Ghim Moh due to it’s central location and it’s extreme close proximity to Singapore’s wealthiest estate Tanglin/ Nassim road. If you are looking for a place with a mix of greenery, serenity, centrality and convenience and won’t mind the space and price Dawson is the home for you.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.