Apple Watch 3 LTE

jmireyes

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the cellular mode? I activated it succesfully with singtel and all. But the cellular signal dots do not apoear....

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the cellular mode? I activated it succesfully with singtel and all. But the cellular signal dots do not apoear....

Cos it will connected to ur phone if your phone is near... u try off ur phone.

jmireyes

Reaction score
Cos it will connected to ur phone if your phone is near... u try off ur phone.

Youre right! Hahaha thanks! I put phone on airplane mode and turned off wifi on phone and the cellular dots came out after a few secs

rohitntu

Reaction score
Hi tec_geek,

31.5 does not support NumberShare as it is beta.

Can you please enable this? What does the phone OS have to do with the watch OS? The watch OS is still running non-beta. Restoring it to non-beta is such a painful thing to do.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can we buy in apple jp instead? since my watch is from japan also

Erm.... going back to Japan and buy AppleCare?
Or buying thru Apple JP online?
Cos ur bought earlier than me and I’m not sure how they going to determine ur current Watch condition unless same as iPhone got a program to run and test.

mackie8

Reaction score
Erm.... going back to Japan and buy AppleCare?
Or buying thru Apple JP online?
Cos ur bought earlier than me and I’m not sure how they going to determine ur current Watch condition unless same as iPhone got a program to run and test.

hmmmm online? or HK i can also buy ... also cheaper? is it international warranty?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmmm online? or HK i can also buy ... also cheaper? is it international warranty?

Use this?
https://www.apple.com/jp/store/english/

Cos the other I find can test online but not from Japan Apple.
https://www.apple.com/support/products/watch.html

You got to buy it within 60days from date of purchased.

The last clause....I don’t quite understand does it means Bought from SG AppleCare covers accidental damage and non SG Apple care subject to the country u bought from?

In Singapore, the AppleCare+ coverage for accidental damage from handling is provided to you pursuant to a group insurance policy that Apple South Asia Pte. Ltd. has purchased from AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. See the terms at www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus for full details.

Last edited:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly. The loss of data as there is no way that we could restore with the data intact to a lower iOS version.
erm .. developer or beta software .. u wan telcos to roll out a service on it?

there must be a reason why apple/telcos said must be on ios 11.2.5 and watch os4.2 ma.
beta software so buggy, roll out such feature, will affect experience or quality not?

and most likely apple controlling it at the end. if not how iOS updates can be immediate everywhere.

crobin

Reaction score
Singtel Carrier 31.5 will not work

Just out of curiosity, I just had to try it with iOS 11.3 beta 2 with Singtel Carrier 31.5. Confirmed cannot work.

Initial setup won't ask to to configure mobile data. After setup, try to configure mobile data manually, you get error messaging saying "Singtel does not currently support Apple Watch".

So now backup and restore to iOS 11.2.5 and try again.

karenwoods

Reaction score
trying to subscribe but it says an error has occurred and you are not able to subscribe to number share. I'm on a SIM only plan. How come?

CPU-zilla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yes exactly. The loss of data as there is no way that we could restore with the data intact to a lower iOS version.

Well, it's stated quite clearly when you enrol in the beta program that....

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY INSTALLING SUCH PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR APPLE-BRANDED COMPUTERS AND/OR DEVICES, THESE COMPUTERS AND DEVICES MAY NOT BE CAPABLE OF BEING RESTORED TO THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION AND THAT APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES MAY BE AFFECTED BY YOUR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. FURTHER, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT DATA (INCLUDING DOCUMENTS) FROM SUCH APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES THAT YOU CREATE OR CHANGE WHILE USING THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE MAY BE INCAPABLE OF BEING RESTORED OR RECOVERED. APPLE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COSTS, EXPENSES OR OTHER LIABILITIES YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR TESTING, INSTALLATION OR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE OR DATA OR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF SUCH PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE.

You should have been well aware that things like this can happen. Beta software should not be used on a device that you use regularly. I would never do that.

Also....

YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH TESTING, INSTALLATION, OR USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE AND SEEDING TOOLS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY BACK-UP EXPENSES, COSTS INCURRED FOR THE USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER, DEVICES AND/OR PERIPHERALS, AND ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR DATA, AND IN NO EVENT WILL APPLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY THAT STEMS FROM ANY USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER, DEVICES AND/OR ANY PERIPHERALS CONNECTED THERETO, AND/OR FROM ANY OTHER CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, AND/OR APPLE’S PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF APPLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

You should also know that beta software would be incomplete in certain ways. So you can't expect to be supported fully. If something's broken, you should tell Apple about it. That's why it's called BETA. A little unreasonable to ask for support from someone who has totally ZERO control over Apple's software. It's like buying a plate of chicken rice and found that you were given less chicken, and then go complain at the drinks stall instead of going directly to the chicken rice stall.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
trying to subscribe but it says an error has occurred and you are not able to subscribe to number share. I'm on a SIM only plan. How come?
Hi karenwoods,

Kindly ensure the following requirements are met:

(1) You are using a compatible iPhone model (iPhone 6 or newer) running iOS 11.2.5

(2) An eligible postpaid mobile plan (Combo, SIM Only or MobileShare) which you already fulfilled for SIM Only Plan

(3) Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) on WatchOS 4.2.2

You are encouraged to get their Apple Watch in Singapore. For watches purchased in other countries, please click here to check if your Apple Watch model is supported.

(4) Latest carrier settings (31.1). On your iPhone, tap Settings > General > About and follow the prompt to update to the latest carrier settings.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.