Apple Watch 3 LTE

tec_geek

Reaction score
Well, it's stated quite clearly when you enrol in the beta program that....

You should have been well aware that things like this can happen. Beta software should not be used on a device that you use regularly. I would never do that.

Also....

You should also know that beta software would be incomplete in certain ways. So you can't expect to be supported fully. If something's broken, you should tell Apple about it. That's why it's called BETA. A little unreasonable to ask for support from someone who has totally ZERO control over Apple's software. It's like buying a plate of chicken rice and found that you were given less chicken, and then go complain at the drinks stall instead of going directly to the chicken rice stall.

Yeap, you are right and my apologies if I’ve sounded unreasonable. And that it’s on oneself that installing beta on a primary device should have expected this.

I guess now it’s either downgrade back to 11.2.5 or wait for 11.3 be officially released.

karenwoods

Reaction score
Hi karenwoods,

Kindly ensure the following requirements are met:

(1) You are using a compatible iPhone model (iPhone 6 or newer) running iOS 11.2.5

(2) An eligible postpaid mobile plan (Combo, SIM Only or MobileShare) which you already fulfilled for SIM Only Plan

(3) Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) on WatchOS 4.2.2

You are encouraged to get their Apple Watch in Singapore. For watches purchased in other countries, please click here to check if your Apple Watch model is supported.

(4) Latest carrier settings (31.1). On your iPhone, tap Settings > General > About and follow the prompt to update to the latest carrier settings.

Yes, I have got the above

CPU-zilla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yeap, you are right and my apologies if I’ve sounded unreasonable. And that it’s on oneself that installing beta on a primary device should have expected this.

I guess now it’s either downgrade back to 11.2.5 or wait for 11.3 be officially released.

It's ok. In our pursuit for perfection and the latest, it's easy to forget these things. Hope your restoration is a smooth one.

Cheers.

chucks

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Just putting this here in case anyone is wondering:

Don't update to watchOS 4.3 beta too. With iOS 11.3 beta, you can downgrade to 11.2.5. But there's no way to downgrade watchOS 4.3 without sending it back to Apple.

Why does this matter? For the simple reason that watchOS 4.3 needs iOS 11.3. You can't pair an iOS 11.2.5 iPhone with a Watch running watchOS 4.3.

crobin

Reaction score
Half an hour already .. Watch app on iPhone the data section still showing activating ... Any suggestions?

Confirmed iPhone X is now iOS 11.2.5
Watch is Watch OS 4.2.2
Clean install.

Rebooted iPhone and Watch .. also no help.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Half an hour already .. Watch app on iPhone the data section still showing activating ... Any suggestions?

Confirmed iPhone X is now iOS 11.2.5
Watch is Watch OS 4.2.2
Clean install.

Rebooted iPhone and Watch .. also no help.

Aiyo.. better dun reboot.
That time I also kena and got errors...
U received the sms already?

Ended Singtel CSO helped me to terminate my numbershare and I re activate, took 3 hrs plus.

crobin

Reaction score
Aiyo.. better dun reboot.
That time I also kena and got errors...
U received the sms already?

Ended Singtel CSO helped me to terminate my numbershare and I re activate, took 3 hrs plus.

No SMS received

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No SMS received

Same as my first activation lor.
Happens to see that function and apply at 3am.
Ended waited for days to resolve

Later u try click mobile data izzit direct u to a Singtel page saying we noticed you are subscribe to numbershare...

crobin

Reaction score
Same as my first activation lor.
Happens to see that function and apply at 3am.
Ended waited for days to resolve

Later u try click mobile data izzit direct u to a Singtel page saying we noticed you are subscribe to numbershare...

Singtel just sent me a PM on this forum to ask for my number .. they will help check

crobin

Reaction score
Tried unpair and reinstall .. then the mobile data section say .. you are already subscribed. We noticed that you already subscribed to Singtel Number Share with the number xxxxxx".

Now reinstall .. I'll see whether its working after that.

crobin

Reaction score
I reinstalled .. but when I go to the data section on the watch.. it prompts me to set up mobile data .. when I click it its say I already subscribed ..

I think Singtel need to help me cancel the number share and I try again.

ckh98258

Reaction score
Managed to activate mine, takes quite a while. Tested and it works but still not very stable as after I disconnected from my phone & wifi there's a 'X' on screen. I checked the AW mobile status it's connected, exit out to main screen saw the signal dotted and suddenly disappear showing me 'X' again. Repeatedly checking the status few times then managed to settle down.

crobin

Reaction score
Maybe that's why Starhub and M1 don't want to go in yet .. Let Singtel run into problems first and let them see how to solve. So far ..not very Apple like experience.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's why Starhub and M1 don't want to go in yet .. Let Singtel run into problems first and let them see how to solve. So far ..not very Apple like experience.

even singtel run into issues, they also won't tell their competitors leh. this is trade secret i think.

considering its first time apple has a LTE version, give them a bit of time to fine tune bah.. I believe they already had the updated watch OS and carrier settings that are testing in progress liao..

ckh98258

Reaction score
Anyway it's good to disconnect & click forget for all your wifi connection and reconnect again after paired with your AW so it will independently connect to the wifi even without your phone.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
haha .. if u go read those reports or overseas forums ... when the watch LTE launched in the U.S .. also a lot of issues ... not unique to singapore ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.