samsung pay

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now a days, I just tell them paywave/masterpass and pay with android or samsung pay. No need to explain too much. Unless they also don't know what is paywave or masterpass then...

wah friend... you use master pass on a physical merchant arh? :p

i think you mean paypass...

masterpass is only for online virtual merchant, or taxis when you need to authenticate a merchant and link the payment up before making a purchase..

sometimes i don't even allow merchants to dictate how i should make my payment, when its supported as an official payment method.

some unscrupulous merchants will add surcharge on contactless payment, commonly seen in SLS and other smaller merchants, this is totally unacceptable if they didn't inform upfront before collecting payment. Those quietly quietly add surcharge one i'll complain to MAS.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha I was in a good mood, just took out my card from wallet, dun wanna up my blood pressure:s13:

well if you're fine with it, what else can we say.. :D

anyway, its the responsibility of us, the consumers of contactless payments, to educate the society on the progress of such payment methods. if all of us don't use and don't educate, we all will suffer together lor.

I always like to quote the Fish & Co at bugis+, they have been trained by me and whipped by me so harsh till the point each one of the permanent staff there knows that they support samsung pay, despite having no tap and pay terminal, thanks to MST.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it a must to open the Samsung pay app in order to use the payment method?

you can don't open the main samsung pay app.

you can choose to swipe up the samsung pay app from home screen or lock screen, depending on what you set. its often easier to launch by doing so that entering the app, cos the app will load a bunch of promos which you don't need when making payment..

you can refer to the guide here:

http://www.samsung.com/sg/samsungpay/

gnusmas

Reaction score
well if you're fine with it, what else can we say.. :D

anyway, its the responsibility of us, the consumers of contactless payments, to educate the society on the progress of such payment methods. if all of us don't use and don't educate, we all will suffer together lor.....

for me, I dun think its users responsibility to educate them.
if cannot spay just use card lor, simple as that nothing to suffer and I dun wanna waste my time on them.

id0n0van

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you guys ever encounter situations where you try to use MST, but the cashier said must insert card first then they can key in the amount. In the end, cannot use. It's happened to me twice at different places now. How to counter this?

Second question - I see on reddit that in other countries they can use samsung pay points to exchange for samsung products like gear watch, wireless charger, etc. Do we have that in Singapore? I'm new to Samsung, only used it for a few months so far.

Been using MST for most of my transactions. Best way to "educate" the cashiers out there is to tap your phones on the side of the terminals before the amount is entered.

Note this method does not work on places where the amount of the transaction is keyed in automatically by the cashier. Examples of such terminals are found at 4 fingers and Challenger.

id0n0van

Reaction score
anyone uses samsung pay at M1-Nex before?
Strange the sales guy keep insisting his terminal cannot even though I tried to tell him shouldnt be problem, in the end still refuse to let me try!$#@

Yeah, I've personally used it before. You have to tap your phone at the side of the terminal before the amount is entered bro, hahaha

Flanky

Reaction score
not sure asked b4...
have anyone tried using spay with Amex card at SPC?
Spay always seems to fail, but when using physical amex card works...

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems there is a new promo with Bixby :)
Can earn reward points when you level up
qBJa82gl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

kpoplover6686

Reaction score
Oh yeah!! not bad, just kept talking to my bixby and I'm now level 5!! Free points to get my iconX. The pink is really pretty!

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the top edge of the phone can pay, no need touch back of phone

PongRareRare

Reaction score
ezlink can be used with special SIM card right? Or there’s no need for a special SIM card? If there’s a need, when we put into the phone, will it affect Samsung Pay? NFC/MST

Coless

Reaction score
si bei heng..spent 700 points and got an iconx..can collect at vivo fron 5th march onwards

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got new redemption

1000 for 1 Cathay
1800 for 2

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.