Elantra Owners Assemble!

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Former owner of Avante here :s13:

Almost replace my 9 years old Avante with the Elantra but the deal package was :(

The current Elantra looks nice in its exterior and interior of up-to-date features; and going to be reliable too, based on the track records of Avante.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mazda reporting in!!!

Oh wait.. :s13:

Elantra body lines are nice, but the tail lights... hmmm.

tankahkee

Reaction score
Yeah! I really like that it has both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Works great with my Spotify.

So what did you get in the end?

Former owner of Avante here :s13:

Almost replace my 9 years old Avante with the Elantra but the deal package was :(

The current Elantra looks nice in its exterior and interior of up-to-date features; and going to be reliable too, based on the track records of Avante.

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
Elantra is really one of the best deal in town now...

Cheap, reliable n good feature. Only thing is the fc still got room for improvement

But sure got some Toyota loyalist jokers will come in n say bad things abt Korea cars

sktan10

Reaction score
Elantra is really one of the best deal in town now...

Cheap, reliable n good feature. Only thing is the fc still got room for improvement

But sure got some Toyota loyalist jokers will come in n say bad things abt Korea cars

Since you bring out toyota then I say,lol..
Friend change from i30 to wish both second hand.
Comment wish FC is better than i30.
He say one not I say one,lol..

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
Since you bring out toyota then I say,lol..
Friend change from i30 to wish both second hand.
Comment wish FC is better than i30.
He say one not I say one,lol..

Thus I say Korea car fc got room for improvement. No car is perfect ma

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah! I really like that it has both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Works great with my Spotify.

So what did you get in the end?

Korean cars has made lots of improvements over the recent years.

They have 6 airbags and tons of features built in as compared to some other makes which have the most basic features with it's price marked up.

9 years back when I bought my Avante, I was surprised that the wiper has this auto feature which automatically slow down when I stop at junctions. Today, my new Jap car doesn't have this feature and comes with a basic radio set/music player :( (ok, mine is just a B&B car :s13:)

But the FC on my new car is way better than Avante due to the thin metal sheets. My Avante survived chain collision on 2 occasions and no damages on both incidents, and that really speaks a lots about their metal; hence their heavy weight and poor FC.

Reason I made a switch coz I have been driving Korean cars for the past 14 cars; a Getz followed by Avante, so decided to try a Jap model due to its better FC :s13:

Anyway, I'm not stirring up a debate between the difference make/model. Each model has its own merits and lacks; liked KIA7200 has said, no car is perfect, so depends if the user can accept them.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
If elantra can come close in terms of fc against it's competition, I think the sales will be boosted many folds.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If jap made is 10-20k more ex Korean made, how many years do you think you need to break even based on FC vs the difference in car prices? If one tank of petrol your save $15, how many years for it to break even.
Can debate till the cow comes home.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah... Depending what you looking for in your next ride. Bro oredi said no 100% perfect car ard.

ralfale

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can share what's the current deal for Elentra or i30? I'm current Avante driver for past 10 years. Welcome sales agent to pm me too.

Last edited:

sktan10

Reaction score
Korean cars has made lots of improvements over the recent years.

They have 6 airbags and tons of features built in as compared to some other makes which have the most basic features with it's price marked up.

9 years back when I bought my Avante, I was surprised that the wiper has this auto feature which automatically slow down when I stop at junctions. Today, my new Jap car doesn't have this feature and comes with a basic radio set/music player :( (ok, mine is just a B&B car :s13:)

But the FC on my new car is way better than Avante due to the thin metal sheets. My Avante survived chain collision on 2 occasions and no damages on both incidents, and that really speaks a lots about their metal; hence their heavy weight and poor FC.

Reason I made a switch coz I have been driving Korean cars for the past 14 cars; a Getz followed by Avante, so decided to try a Jap model due to its better FC :s13:

Anyway, I'm not stirring up a debate between the difference make/model. Each model has its own merits and lacks; liked KIA7200 has said, no car is perfect, so depends if the user can accept them.

Agree.
You only own 2 Hyundai.
I own 2 Hyundai and 1 Kia before.Same like you.Time to change so choose jap.
So far no problem for my 3 Korean car.Quite robust.

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got new elantra as replacement car after my mz3 tio bang.

The interior really vv chui dunno why, driving feel quite sucky. But one thing gd is the sound proofing of elantra

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got new elantra as replacement car after my mz3 tio bang.

The interior really vv chui dunno why, driving feel quite sucky. But one thing gd is the sound proofing of elantra

sure anot? cannot be la... hyundai fan boys won't be happy if they read ur post... :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.