Breakfast

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually I prefer to book hotel with breakfast
as I dont like to hunt for food with empty stomach early morning =:p
but the $10 increase in room price/day to include breakfast kinda steep.

what is your usual practice? :D

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually I prefer to book hotel with breakfast
as I dont like to hunt for food with empty stomach early morning =:p
but the $10 increase in room price/day to include breakfast kinda steep.

what is your usual practice? :D

Same here, usually would include breakfast inside the room rates.
lazy to search around for food ... friends n families prefer to dine in at the hotel then go up to change up, before heading out ...

normally for 4* hotel, breakfast is up to 8sgd per pax, then would take ...
for 4.5 to 5 stars hotel, if breakfast is about 12sgd per pax, would take too ..... have to c the hotel breakfast varieties ...

for bigger hotels such as chatrium, swissotel, amari , renaissance, hilton, shangri la, novotel, holiday inn (not the express) , etc ... their hotel is worth if the room rate w and wo breakfsat not much diff ...

have stayed at one of the marriott group hotels, breakfast not really alot ...
they also having 99b noodle + soft drink promo when we stayed there ...

Last edited:

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to monitor the price closely.
Other than fluctuate, sometime maybe have big discount.

Plan to stay near Asoke, but terminal21 foodcourt starts at 10am. No like street food. And can't be having instant noodle or Bun every morning so cham during tour. Looks like better pay up for breakfast. Lol.

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score

Plan to stay near Asoke, but terminal21 foodcourt starts at 10am. No like street food. And can't be having instant noodle or Bun every morning so cham during tour. Looks like better pay up for breakfast. Lol.

Asoke nearby got so many makan area not necessarily to be at t21. But better la book hotel with bf to save time

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Big discount dun think happens frequently ...
Hotel chains sometimes have promo such as 20% to 50% discount
such as for novotel, mercure, ibis, amari, chatrium, holiday inn, marriott, hilton etc

spurman

Reaction score
Hehe. Usually the better chain hotels have great breakfast options....

Usually if prebook, breakfast added in should not be too much....

I rem i booked vie b4. With breakfast like 10 bucks or 20 bucka diff nia per room. Maybe its reallt depends on when we book.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hehe. Usually the better chain hotels have great breakfast options....

Usually if prebook, breakfast added in should not be too much....

I rem i booked vie b4. With breakfast like 10 bucks or 20 bucka diff nia per room. Maybe its reallt depends on when we book.

i rmb booking swissotel, the breakfast is 8sgd more per person
compared to the rate wo breakfast ...
if book separately is about 20+ sgd ...

The breakfast for 5* hotel is usually about 25 to 35sgd that range ...
4* hotel breakfast usually is about 10sgd to 20sgd

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually i don't have brekkie ... if hungry in the morning .. so easy to find street food in the morning around BKK

so curious what kind breakfast being served at these hotel?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mostly I don't book with bf but... I usually also stay lousy place so don't even have bf to begin with.

Need to eat then go out and eat lo. Much cheaper also.

but I do agree it's quite convenient to have bf, especially so if it's nice. some place bf quite lousy.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tour for me must be pampered and if possible, luxurious lol, within my means. Must be relax, after food got coffee then go back room idle a while before go places.

spurman

Reaction score
Nowdays old liao. With breakfast in hotel in a nice relaxed setting and environment. Your mood for the day is lifted. Hehe.

Bangkok go many times liao. So nowadays ita relaxed own time own pace. Having breakfast in hotel does wonders

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the breakfast at chu chocolate & cafe? There's an outlet at exchange 21 2nd floor

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowdays old liao. With breakfast in hotel in a nice relaxed setting and environment. Your mood for the day is lifted. Hehe.

Bangkok go many times liao. So nowadays ita relaxed own time own pace. Having breakfast in hotel does wonders

same here. friends who saved that 7sgd from 4* hotel and have breakfast outside. in the end, go buy egg and rice $1.20 , buy some drinks from 711 and seaweed chicken, add up already about $4+ ...

With that 7sgd more, can have cereal, fruits, omelette, vege, meat, western...
more conducive environment also good with aircon, rather than da bao room and eat ...

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like their single origin chocolate drink ~ very rich syrupy chocolate! churros, pancake, frittatas are good as well
Anyone tried the breakfast at chu chocolate & cafe? There's an outlet at exchange 21 2nd floor

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not everyone go to relax, personally i go to experiences bangkok lifestyle/living ... if i want to relax i can do that in singapore :)

usually i tapao back eat ... jook, cheng tng, north thai sausage, otak, south thai yellow chicken rice, dim sum, pork knuckles rice etc too many choices at morning market ... :)

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Thailand Vietnam Indonesia ect...I die also will not eat in hotel. Might as well spent that time and money to go out and hunt for local food, eat with the locals and take in the sights and sound of the streets. It feels really nice having a simple food sitting down on a simple chair and sipping coffee as u watch the morning rush passing by.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.