Apple Watch 3 LTE

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
A glaring omission is not being able to pay for public transport with the watch, although I usually drive weekends it'd be nice to hop on the mrt/bus sans phone and wallet
that would be perfect! i also pray public transport payment come soon!

teadee

Reaction score
Activated Number Share on my Watch yesterday at 9pm without any issues. Took only about 15 minutes.

Eidekos

Reaction score
oh is it? so ur connected to whats app? viber? fb messenger, instagram, even without ur phone? like that

Been wearing this last night and went out for quick errands this morning without my phone and wallet...really liking this. Will see if I can make it through the whole day without having to reach for wallet/phone

tec_geek

Reaction score
To boost the quality of a phone call via the Apple Watch with cellular, some can consider using the AirPods.

As the microphones on the AirPods is considered much superior than the one on the Apple Watch, thus the other party can pick up and hear your voice clearer and in return, you could hear the other party clearly too.

And also you don’t have to raise your watch near to hear or speak.

helloworld321

Reaction score
To boost the quality of a phone call via the Apple Watch with cellular, some can consider using the AirPods.

As the microphones on the AirPods is considered much superior than the one on the Apple Watch, thus the other party can pick up and hear your voice clearer and in return, you could hear the other party clearly too.

And also you don’t have to raise your watch near to hear or speak.

But AirPods sucks as much as the wired version. Shitty music quality, expensive and tends to fall out of ears

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sold my Sony MDR-1000X for Airpods.
so far only drop from hands and never drop from ears, pretty like its function pairing with phone and watch.

And for Apple pay, if there's some credit card promotion on going for that particular card.
I still need to pay by physical card to enjoy the promotion as the watch will not tell the merchants which card i'm using right?

Carousell got user trying to sell used GPS model & New or Mint LTE models le.
Alot of accessories as well sia :eek:

Last edited:

ckh98258

Reaction score
For those experiencing AW3 not connecting to mobile data. Try to go to control ctr and turn off your wifi connection. I tried that and after turning wifi off ... wait for a while the signal dotted appeared.

klho001

Reaction score
So got through my first full time with thr AW3 LTE.
My weekend habits usually mean running around with kids and then friends and always having my AW2, iph, ipad with me. The ipad is largely for some quick work,emails, and media consumption, including reading mag subscriptions.
Today I went around with the AW3, AirPods, ipad and no wallet. Yeah the wallet is not that big a deal cos can always carry some spare cash, but it was a nice feeling without thr bulk. For me, the phone is the odd one out for most of my weekend needs :D
Again it's not for everyone, just thought I'd share how I use this new toy :)

lytelvin

Reaction score
Prolem with NumberShare

@crobin, same issue here. Shows me the screen saying that I have successfully subscribed and wants me to call 1688. I called SingTel to cancel my NumberShare and will resubscribe on my own later. Did you manage to resubscribe?

crobin

Reaction score
Not yet as it’s still showing that I’m subscribed despite calling Singtel more than 12 hours ago

@crobin, same issue here. Shows me the screen saying that I have successfully subscribed and wants me to call 1688. I called SingTel to cancel my NumberShare and will resubscribe on my own later. Did you manage to resubscribe?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You asked to terminate? Why not just say you facing issue and let them sort it for you?
If you make a decision for them and they terminated for you, you gotta pay 2x the activation charge. Some more all calls are recorded, no horse run one..

Since almost 9am asked to terminate number share. CSO said try again after 1pm. Still show the already subscribe page.

rohitntu

Reaction score
But AirPods sucks as much as the wired version. Shitty music quality, expensive and tends to fall out of ears

Huh have you tried one? The music quality is night and day vs the wired Earpods. It has never fallen out of my ears. And for it does, it’s actually reasonably priced. It pairs automatically with all Apple devices, unlike the clunky pairing experience you get with standard Bluetooth.

rohitntu

Reaction score
Pretty impressed with the Apple Watch LTE. Took 5 minutes to activate with Singtel today, and it’s so great to have FaceTime Audio, iMessage and even the occasional GSM call without having the phone nearby. Music playback straight from the watch is great too. Finally you don’t have to carry the phone around all the time.

I upgraded from the original Apple Watch, and this feels so much faster. It actually makes using apps on the watch a little bit fun.

The only painful part was to downgrade 10.3 beta to 10.12.5, thanks to Singtel for not supporting the beta which is just so arbitrary and stupid. But Glad they got the common number thing working as Apple needed them too. Unlike the Samsung experience where you need a new number.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh have you tried one? The music quality is night and day vs the wired Earpods. It has never fallen out of my ears. And for it does, it’s actually reasonably priced. It pairs automatically with all Apple devices, unlike the clunky pairing experience you get with standard Bluetooth.

I agree with you there.

helloworld321

Reaction score

Tried it once and it’s really ****. Any of the sennhiser earphone would provide better quality. Except the pairing part which is stupid I’m using a custom earphone.

crobin

Reaction score
I told them I facing issue and they agreed the best course was to terminate and try again.

Update 11 Feb, 0838hrs: Still can't work so I called up 1688 to chase. They checked and say case still not closed, probably because key personnel not around till Monday. Also told them to make sure they write down clearly not to charge me for this as its not my fault that I could not get the service up and running.

You asked to terminate? Why not just say you facing issue and let them sort it for you?
If you make a decision for them and they terminated for you, you gotta pay 2x the activation charge. Some more all calls are recorded, no horse run one..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.