List of Restaurants/Cafes/Eateries you avoid?

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went immediately to the staff and manager at the counter with the ice cream and staples. They apologised, said dunno how come there's staples and offered another scoop of ice cream to replace :s22: which I of coz declined lah...wait still got some more surprise...Found out a week later from my sis in law that they also found staples in the ice cream from the same outlet.

Which outlet?

v1hypersg

Reaction score
the mee siam not bad leh, just a bit ex :o

the mee hoon in the mee siam like not cooked properly,

are they trying to cook it like pasta, to have al dente feel ?

comeone, soak it more to soften it up,

give up totally on their mee siam,

mberflame

Reaction score
Add to the list - Thai express
A bowl of tom yum soup, mostly water cost 11 bucks through delivery. Highly not recommended

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

masashi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good list of places to avoid.
Also that Acia place, food nothing special and also quite overpriced. Subway standard getting worse and worse with their creeping price increases. 18 Chefs went there a few times since want to give chance. Even my mom find the food quality pathetic, would rather eat at 5 star western. :mad:

Sent from LENOVO P2 using GAGT

drianist

Master Member
Reaction score
my list:

chicken rice stall that has only 1 chicken hanged on the glass display , and no queue i will avoid

thai express etc , too expensive and too localized tasting. rather go golden mile and get my shirt smelly but served better food.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
hehehe more like..... korean food without pork = not korean food

Thats why...not logical
Yet they keep marketing themselves as authentic korean food
They mix in other cuisines too, for example, tom yam soup

rich1228

Reaction score
Gum Gong Won Korean Restaurant at 55 Temple Street got 50% at eatigo for 15 Feb reunion dinner, upon hearing we have eatigo reservations quickly say that the Korean BBQ not available because too many reservations. The army stew at $38 is SUPER pathetic, the only meat was hot dog and luncheon meat and about 5-6slices of pork. The fried nian gao at $20 is worse, a $5plate at any food court tasted better. I could not believe my ears when the waitress say don't worry order more, because the dishes servings are very small. Normally the waitress for any food establishment will say don't order too much, not enough then order. Even at 50% I find it overpriced, it's a tourist trap please avoid.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.