[MERGED] Third virtual mobile telco: Zero1

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as-phone-1202.jpg

Zero1, which leases from Singtel, is the third virtual mobile telco to enter Singapore after Circles.Life and Zero Mobile.PHOTO: ST FILE

A new virtual mobile telco wants to challenge the status quo by introducing an unlimited mobile data plan at rock-bottom prices.

Starting today, Zero1 will be pre-registering customers on its website for the $19-a-month plan that will be launched next month.

This price is for the first 3,000 registrations. After that, it will cost $29.99 a month. The plan comes with 200 minutes of local talk time and 200 SMS messages. Even at the higher price, it is one-third the current market price.

Zero1's CEO Stuart Tan said the low price requires it to manage the surfing speed of heavy users in a way that will not slow down that of other users on the network.

Specifically, the download speed for high-definition videos will be capped after the first 3GB of data allowance is used.

This limit, Mr Tan claims, will not reduce the speed of many other services including YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp calls.

Zero1 hopes to sign up 50,000 subscribers - about 1 per cent of the post-paid market - in its first year of operation. It plans to set itself apart from rivals by offering free voice roaming via its Zero1 app, slated to be launched in June. With the app, subscribers will be able to call and receive calls from any Singapore mobile or landline number for free while roaming overseas.

http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/th...medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10

satayxp

Banned
Reaction score
interesting..

Sent from The Force Is With Me, I Am One With The Force, Yaba Daba Doo using GAGT

Bumiputera

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It plans to set itself apart from rivals by offering free voice roaming via its Zero1 app, slated to be launched in June. With the app, subscribers will be able to call and receive calls from any Singapore mobile or landline number for free while roaming overseas.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't even Google for their website. Used all sorts of key words also cannot find.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No interest. I dun go above 5gb data per month which current m1 plan gives me 5gb already. Plus m1 has data passport which is a crucial service.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.