Apple Watch 3 LTE

colourpalette

Reaction score
Not sure if it didn’t work because I tried activating around 12plus last night. Attempt to set up again this morning and the process took only 5mins :)

karenwoods

Reaction score
Received my first phone call on the Apple Watch this morning. Was bringing my dog for a walk when McDonalds delivery called. Voice was loud and clear.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, it's stated quite clearly when you enrol in the beta program that....

You should have been well aware that things like this can happen. Beta software should not be used on a device that you use regularly. I would never do that.

Also....

You should also know that beta software would be incomplete in certain ways. So you can't expect to be supported fully. If something's broken, you should tell Apple about it. That's why it's called BETA. A little unreasonable to ask for support from someone who has totally ZERO control over Apple's software. It's like buying a plate of chicken rice and found that you were given less chicken, and then go complain at the drinks stall instead of going directly to the chicken rice stall.

Pretty impressed with the Apple Watch LTE. Took 5 minutes to activate with Singtel today, and it’s so great to have FaceTime Audio, iMessage and even the occasional GSM call without having the phone nearby. Music playback straight from the watch is great too. Finally you don’t have to carry the phone around all the time.

I upgraded from the original Apple Watch, and this feels so much faster. It actually makes using apps on the watch a little bit fun.

The only painful part was to downgrade 10.3 beta to 10.12.5, thanks to Singtel for not supporting the beta which is just so arbitrary and stupid. But Glad they got the common number thing working as Apple needed them too. Unlike the Samsung experience where you need a new number.

enough said.

seriously dont understand why you expect Apple's partners to support beta software. if there are any bugs affecting the user experience, who's to blame? telco? apple?

klho001

Reaction score
Huh have you tried one? The music quality is night and day vs the wired Earpods. It has never fallen out of my ears. And for it does, it’s actually reasonably priced. It pairs automatically with all Apple devices, unlike the clunky pairing experience you get with standard Bluetooth.

Agree. My AirPods are for workout and now paired with AW3. Best things are the seamless integration and auto on/off and great batt life. Sound quality good enough for my use

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, can i seek some advice please on this Apple watch 3? I am still trying to decide if i want to buy one AW3 with Cellular or just GPS and after that if i want to subscribe to numbershare so i am trying to rationalize. I am abit confused about the cellular features. Thanks for all advice given

1. I bring my iphone with me all the time so in short my new AW3 and my iphone will be side by side 99.9% of the time. I am ok with not using AW3 to make phone call and to just use my iphone for calls. In this case, do i need the cellular version and numbershare service ?

2. Presuming i bought the AW3 with cellular but i choose not to activate numbershare, is there any trade-off in features because of numbershare ? (of course beside not being able to make phone call with AW3). My iphone and AW3 is together all the time. Am i better off buying just the GPS version ? Is there any advantage to buy the cellular version but not activate numbershare but my iphone always side by side as compared to purely using the GPS version ?

Thanks !

crobin

Reaction score
If you buy the GPS version you will be limited to the aluminium models. If that is fine with you then no disadvantage if you don't need to use cellular on watch.

On the other hand, if later you change your mind, GPS cannot be used as a Cellular version, but a Cellular version can be used as a GPS version. Its not just phone calls that the cellular version enables but all other notifications and data stuff (mail, messages, weather etc).

Hi all, can i seek some advice please on this Apple watch 3? I am still trying to decide if i want to buy one AW3 with Cellular or just GPS and after that if i want to subscribe to numbershare so i am trying to rationalize. I am abit confused about the cellular features. Thanks for all advice given

1. I bring my iphone with me all the time so in short my new AW3 and my iphone will be side by side 99.9% of the time. I am ok with not using AW3 to make phone call and to just use my iphone for calls. In this case, do i need the cellular version and numbershare service ?

2. Presuming i bought the AW3 with cellular but i choose not to activate numbershare, is there any trade-off in features because of numbershare ? (of course beside not being able to make phone call with AW3). My iphone and AW3 is together all the time. Am i better off buying just the GPS version ? Is there any advantage to buy the cellular version but not activate numbershare but my iphone always side by side as compared to purely using the GPS version ?

Thanks !

crobin

Reaction score
No wonder still not yet terminated. Around 10am today, Singtel HWZ PM told me they checked and my thing is activated. Ask me to check my side whether ok. Right from the start I already explained cannot already. So I told them what I checked and told them don't waste any more time and just terminate my numbershare free of charge.

Since almost 9am asked to terminate number share. CSO said try again after 1pm. Still show the already subscribe page.

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you buy the GPS version you will be limited to the aluminium models. If that is fine with you then no disadvantage if you don't need to use cellular on watch.

On the other hand, if later you change your mind, GPS cannot be used as a Cellular version, but a Cellular version can be used as a GPS version. Its not just phone calls that the cellular version enables but all other notifications and data stuff (mail, messages, weather etc).

thanks for advice. I notice aluminum only for GPS model. The other notification will i get if i use AW3 LTE and my iphone is beside me all the time if i did not subscribe numbershare ?

crobin

Reaction score
With your phone next to watch (gps only) will get same notifications on watch celluar with numbershare ...

thanks for advice. I notice aluminum only for GPS model. The other notification will i get if i use AW3 LTE and my iphone is beside me all the time if i did not subscribe numbershare ?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If ur phone is near you and connected, they will mirror these notifications to your watch.

crobin

Reaction score
I find it especially useful for checking messages discreetly and easily, so I don't appear rude to others by constantly checking my phone. Certain activities also make it more difficult to use your phone, but a watch will enable fast checking (e.g. if you are in the toilet). With the watch vibration, you can easily feel a notification. But with a phone on silent mode, unless its touching your body, you won't feel the phone vibration. So your response to notification will be faster and probably won't miss many.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Series 1 good to upgrade to Series 3?

Or wait for Series 4?

#Firstworldproblem

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find it especially useful for checking messages discreetly and easily, so I don't appear rude to others by constantly checking my phone. Certain activities also make it more difficult to use your phone, but a watch will enable fast checking (e.g. if you are in the toilet). With the watch vibration, you can easily feel a notification. But with a phone on silent mode, unless its touching your body, you won't feel the phone vibration. So your response to notification will be faster and probably won't miss many.

If ur phone is near you and connected, they will mirror these notifications to your watch.

Thnaks for sharing :)

crobin

Reaction score
I have series 1, 2 and 3. Depends on your needs. For me as I wanted to use it water, series 2 was a must have, since it was water proof. If you must have cellular, then Series 3 is a must have. I think not much point waiting for series 4 .. it probably won't get to us for a year or so. Just buy the cheapest one and upgrade if there are features you need.

Series 1 good to upgrade to Series 3?

Or wait for Series 4?

#Firstworldproblem

lytelvin

Reaction score
No wonder still not yet terminated. Around 10am today, Singtel HWZ PM told me they checked and my thing is activated. Ask me to check my side whether ok. Right from the start I already explained cannot already. So I told them what I checked and told them don't waste any more time and just terminate my numbershare free of charge.

You're right. I also told them to terminate it. They also assured me that it will be FOC since I am experiencing an error with the service.

I think terminating NumberShare then resubscribing will work. We'll then have the option to resubscribe on the "Get Mobile Data" screen and activate the E-Sim on our watch.

Going to try tomorrow (Monday) after 1pm. Fingers crossed.

trans168

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the Apple Watch LTE from HK supports the same GSM band in Singapore? Anyone bought the watch from HK and is using it with Singtel LTE?

crobin

Reaction score
Sian.. even after receiving sms activation today at 1049 hrs still can’t work.. I told them to terminate free NumberShare but they ignoring .:reply from Singtel

Not to worry, I have sent a request to the relevant teams. The link should be successful but was simply not reflected to to some pending orders in your account currently. Please allow up to 3-5 working days for the system to update and the Apple Watch should be able to be linked with the handset device.
I apologize for the delay as this is the festive season currently and response would take slightly longer than normal due to the high volume of cases.

The issue of the Number Share failing to work is probably due to the pending orders as any changes or updates to handset devices will fail to reflect or take effect.
Although I cannot make any promises or guarantees, I have sent a request to first clear the pending orders. I have looked through the setup*guide from my end and by rights, upon receiving the sms, the link should already be in place. I seek your patience and understanding regarding this issue, thanks.

You're right. I also told them to terminate it. They also assured me that it will be FOC since I am experiencing an error with the service.

I think terminating NumberShare then resubscribing will work. We'll then have the option to resubscribe on the "Get Mobile Data" screen and activate the E-Sim on our watch.

Going to try tomorrow (Monday) after 1pm. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.