Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to add on my recent experience on K2 and Freesat GTT. I got the GTT set first and the picture quality is good while it hooked up to cable using DVB-C. It won't work on cheap passive antenna but ok on Daiyo USB power antenna. Too bad, GTT cannot do scheduled recording as there is no option for it. I have returned this unit. The K2 picture quality is not as good compare to GTT but scheduled recording works. I am not into IPTV, so K2 is fine. In term of DVB-T2 reception, K2 reception is better than GTT. K2 can receive DVB-T2 without power-on to the Daiyo antenna. Cost for K2 $28 without antenna(Carousell) and GTT cost US$62(Aliexpress)

Look like the tuner chipset used in K2 (Rafael R836) perform better than Freesat GTT (MaxLinear MXL608).

Good to know that the seller accept back the unit but how much does the shipping fee cost?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to add on my recent experience on K2 and Freesat GTT. I got the GTT set first and the picture quality is good while it hooked up to cable using DVB-C. It won't work on cheap passive antenna but ok on Daiyo USB power antenna. Too bad, GTT cannot do scheduled recording as there is no option for it. I have returned this unit. The K2 picture quality is not as good compare to GTT but scheduled recording works. I am not into IPTV, so K2 is fine. In term of DVB-T2 reception, K2 reception is better than GTT. K2 can receive DVB-T2 without power-on to the Daiyo antenna. Cost for K2 $28 without antenna(Carousell) and GTT cost US$62(Aliexpress)

Recently many people looking for such box, this December should be confirm no more analog Tv.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like the tuner chipset used in K2 (Rafael R836) perform better than Freesat GTT (MaxLinear MXL608).

Good to know that the seller accept back the unit but how much does the shipping fee cost?

Haven't ship yet. I will ship when I receive my payment from Aliexpress.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isn't it for AliExpress returns, you have to ship it back and once seller receives the item then they will process the refund?

This is the first for me. Seller didn't respond to the dispute within specified time and Aliexpress refund me the amount.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the first for me. Seller didn't respond to the dispute within specified time and Aliexpress refund me the amount.

That's fair and i am surprised to read it. Initially no boby care to get DVB-T2 box but after they announced 31 Dec 18 a lot of people start getting the box. Hopefully no more postpone of date.

u0206397

Reaction score
That's fair and i am surprised to read it. Initially no boby care to get DVB-T2 box but after they announced 31 Dec 18 a lot of people start getting the box. Hopefully no more postpone of date.

It has been postponed twice already. Won't be surprised it is postponed again. Still long, 10 more months to go. Can wait until December 2018 then buy.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It has been postponed twice already. Won't be surprised it is postponed again. Still long, 10 more months to go. Can wait until December 2018 then buy.

I knew only once postponement, when was the other time?

Don't have to wait until end of the year, price of STB may change by then due to supply/demand.

ceejay80s

Reaction score
Ask your seller.

its complicated, cos I am from Africa and i bought from an online shop ,
are u saying they all come with different firmware for each box?
it doesn't make sense having to beg a seller for a software upgrade when it should be uploaded online for owners of the box to go download themselves

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its complicated, cos I am from Africa and i bought from an online shop ,
are u saying they all come with different firmware for each box?
it doesn't make sense having to beg a seller for a software upgrade when it should be uploaded online for owners of the box to go download themselves

K2 and other generic STB have more or less similar features but may have different firmware due to chipset used and localization.

Seller are not manufacturer of the STB but they have access to them for technical support. Email the seller and request for software upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.