Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You made me rethink about my decision again.

No issues with pairing my E8.

Sound quality meets my needs as a casual leisure person who listens to music via phone & want true wireless.

Battery capacity not exactly the best but so far i've not used it more than 4hrs at once. Max was about ~3hrs.

Idk how to say this but the E8 fits well into my ears in the sense that it doesnt feel uncomfy or feel like it might drop out. Its pretty securely snugged there.

But when i first got mine i noticed the huge difference in sound quality everytime i put on my E8. I then realized its becos im not fitting the angle correctly. This might vary depending on user.

Its not like typical iem which i've used whereby u just push it all the way in & u will get the best fit in terms of sound isolation & quality.

I had to adjust it quite a fair bit to get the "proper" sound quality imo. This is probably one downside if i had to point out. Idk why its like this either. Maybe other E8 users can share their experience on this as well

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whats your pairing guide?

If me i would say E8 users have to be careful not to hold both buds for 10secs.

When i first got my E8 as im not used to handling ture wireless buds, one mistake is often easily touching the left or right touch surface.

Touching isnt as bad as holding onto.

I realized the E8 can register "holding" touch gestures even when placed on certain flat surfaces. I once removed my E8 from both ears and placed them on an area of my laptop surface.

This somehow caused both earbuds to go into pairing mode. Then to hard reset of pairing devices.

1) hold both buds for ~5secs for pairing mode(blue led indicator on right bud)

2) hold both buds for ~10secs for resetting all paired devices.

If u ever go into accidentally resetting all paired devices, then all yr other devices will need to delete/forget & redo the pairing with the E8 again.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
1. Delete phone BT E8 pairing and off phone Bluetooth.
2. take out E8 from case and press right earbud 1 time to switch on. (white light)
3. Press both earbuds together until it turns red. (hard reset)
4. Put back in case
5. Take out and keep them close 10cm and press right 1 time. wait for white light.
6. Press both for about 5 sec and you will see blue light.
7. On phone Bluetooth and search for E8
8. Pair and wait and it should have the profile.
9. Load the beoplay apps and insert the E8.

Done. it should auto connect once you take out from case and press right earbud.

Something i found out is you may need to do the step above a few times before it will auto connect. No harm trying.

Thanks. Insightful.
But come to think about it, you need to do this specially for E8 is a bit queer as BT supposedly ease use. Never did I need to do so for my BT. Only once when I hange my phones.

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Jabra Elite 65t is available for testing at Stereo Plaza Sing. Saw on headphones.sg the release date is 19 Feb. Saw the limited reviews online including Amazon UK and YouTube and the feedback was great.

Last edited:

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Thanks. Insightful.
But come to think about it, you need to do this specially for E8 is a bit queer as BT supposedly ease use. Never did I need to do so for my BT. Only once when I hange my phones.

Yes. Agreed with you on the pairing. Infact I try to pair for 2 hours when I first got the E8. Was thinking if I got a lemon. Lol.

The best thing is when I went to Stereo to get my spinfit and they saw me using the E8 with V30 and they politely asked me how come I can use without problems. They actually have quite a few returns due to cannot pair with android. Lol.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
Yes. Agreed with you on the pairing. Infact I try to pair for 2 hours when I first got the E8. Was thinking if I got a lemon. Lol.

The best thing is when I went to Stereo to get my spinfit and they saw me using the E8 with V30 and they politely asked me how come I can use without problems. They actually have quite a few returns due to cannot pair with android. Lol.
Android pairing has immense issues with various platforms.including chord Poly.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
Jabra Elite 65t is available for testing at Stereo Plaza Sing. Saw on headphones.sg the release date is 19 Feb. Saw the limited reviews online including Amazon UK and YouTube and the feedback was great.

It will be interesting. But funny thing they removed all sports HRM functions and does not use their sports app anymore.

Only thing is if it sounds same or better than elite sport.
I am inclined towards Erato but will listen to a few more.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
It will be interesting. But funny thing they removed all sports HRM functions and does not use their sports app anymore.

Erato A7 only have 2 hours battery life. Personally tested and video lag is 0.5 Sec. Sold liao.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
Erato A7 only have 2 hours battery life. Personally tested and video lag is 0.5 Sec. Sold liao.

Yep. I know.
The person told me A7s is different...
So I am researching on that one.
Otherwise I can just wait. Bose ambient noise is too much for me to handle.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Went there to try earlier. But feel a bit bulky.
yaknTLY.jpg

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Cool. Size As compare with the Elite Sport?

From the feedback I had read, they said phone calls are amazing as there are 2 mics.
That would be a good plus.
Rgds
didnt compare side by side.

but i thought the 65t is slightly bigger than the elite sport.

both felt heavy on my ears. they filled up my ears completely and cannot hear external noise.

look professional la, but dun think i can tahan their weight on my ears for long.

just my initial impressions.

looking for a pair of true wireless earbuds. tried bose soundsport free. sticking out like damn a lot .. now mostly likely going for airpods even though i know SQ/features inferior to many options out there.

13luetooth

Reaction score

So the Jabra elite 65t in sg will not have HRM and sports app version at all?
Is it the same case as Jabra elite sport?

mathew_soon

Reaction score
didnt compare side by side.

but i thought the 65t is slightly bigger than the elite sport.

both felt heavy on my ears. they filled up my ears completely and cannot hear external noise.

look professional la, but dun think i can tahan their weight on my ears for long.

just my initial impressions.

looking for a pair of true wireless earbuds. tried bose soundsport free. sticking out like damn a lot .. now mostly likely going for airpods even though i know SQ/features inferior to many options out there.

Hmm, maybe due to the 2 mics

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was dead set on buying the E8 but now really undecided on which TW to get. Damn! :(

chryze

Reaction score
Looking to get a pair of TW from taobao and there are many china brands there. Does anyone have any recommendations on which are the better quality and sound ones?

13luetooth

Reaction score
tried jabra elite 65t in stereo.. felt that its more comfy and fit into the ears more nicely than elite sport. SQ wise i think its clearer than elite sport too. only worries is that im not sure if they come with wingtips to have a tighter fit when used for exercise. daily use wise should be very comfy.

on the other hand i feel that elite sport is more bulky than 65t.

mathew_soon

Reaction score
tried jabra elite 65t in stereo.. felt that its more comfy and fit into the ears more nicely than elite sport. SQ wise i think its clearer than elite sport too. only worries is that im not sure if they come with wingtips to have a tighter fit when used for exercise. daily use wise should be very comfy.

on the other hand i feel that elite sport is more bulky than 65t.

That is helpful. Thanks. Will give it a try.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.